If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Great new band !
Couldn’t play your video unfortunately but I have “discovered “ this band recently and do like them a lot. I posted a couple of their songs earlier, check out Highway Tune and Safari Song !

They are getting some criticism that they sound too much like Zep ( mainly around the vocalist ) and I can see why but still like ‘em !

sound too much like Zep - yeah but it sure beats rap music which sounds like grown men reciting nursery rhymes.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The manic said:

Gram Parsons and Emmy Lou Harris - Love Hurts

driving home to Wisbech from work on a country fenlands road in Lincolnshire in 1997 and Emmylou was on BBC radio in a live acoustic duet with someone on Love Hurts...I pulled over and listened and wept...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 2

On 12/3/2017 at 7:14 AM, tutsiwarrior said:

driving home to Wisbech from work on a country fenlands road in Lincolnshire in 1997 and Emmylou was on BBC radio in a live acoustic duet with someone on Love Hurts...I pulled over and listened and wept...

Emmylou- so, so special.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

The Yardbirds - Lost Woman [1966]

the yardbirds were truly a progressive band back in the 60s...here's tutsi in 1966 in Cochabamba with a girl from NYC and we're talkin' about music...and she brings up the yardbirds; and I said : 'who?'...she also sang and  played guitar and was beautiful and was outta tutsi's league entirely, claimed to know the rev Gary Davis personally...

looking at the yardbirds video, no one played the blues like that commercially until at least 3 - 4 years later...ah, well...there was Mayall, I guess...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

4 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

the yardbirds were truly a progressive band back in the 60s...here's tutsi in 1966 in Cochabamba with a girl from NYC and we're talkin' about music...and she brings up the yardbirds; and I said : 'who?'...she also sang and  played guitar and was beautiful and was outta tutsi's league entirely, claimed to know the rev Gary Davis personally...

looking at the yardbirds video, no one played the blues like that commercially until at least 3 - 4 years later...ah, well...there was Mayall, I guess...

Saw the Reverend Gary Davis once and John Mayall many times

• Like 2