Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Maybe a little off topic, but for those who think "bigger is better", check this out.

http://www.totalmoto...R600RRC-ABS.htm

Oh, and on the main page it lists both the 600 & 1000, with/without ABS, and then says "More 2012 Honda Sport Bikes to be announced"

Okay, like maybe a CBR 400???

40mm throttle body per cylinder licklips.gif ...that's essentially 40mm per 150 cc...The CBR 150 fi has a 30mm TB, while the CBR 250 only has 38mm for 250cc....passifier.gif

I deserve this bike...i really do.post-4641-1156694606.gif

My 250 twin has 32mm mellow.png Oh sorry that is per cylinder.coffee1.gif

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a 650 Ninja back in the States, but have a feeling the CBR 600 just might be a better bike, and even quicker. Would love to find out.

Make no doubt about it, any CBR600 (beit an RR or an F4) will annihilate a ninja 650, and this is coming from someone who has just purchased a 2012 ninja 650 :)

Two completely different bikes built for different purposes.

Maybe a little off topic, but for those who think "bigger is better", check this out.

http://www.totalmoto...R600RRC-ABS.htm

Oh, and on the main page it lists both the 600 & 1000, with/without ABS, and then says "More 2012 Honda Sport Bikes to be announced"

Okay, like maybe a CBR 400???

A friend of mine who has a 150. had a look at a 250 and it seems that the bit your talking about may be the same part.. maybe thats why it failed.. would be interesting to check part numbers and actual parts..

Had a 650 Ninja back in the States, but have a feeling the CBR 600 just might be a better bike, and even quicker. Would love to find out.

Make no doubt about it, any CBR600 (beit an RR or an F4) will annihilate a ninja 650, and this is coming from someone who has just purchased a 2012 ninja 650 :)

Yep, hard to compare a Jap built inline 4 600 supersport and a Thai built 650 twin but in terms of performance and build quality the Jap 600's are much better.

Thaicbr, which 150 part are they using in the 250?

Make no doubt about it, any CBR600 (beit an RR or an F4) will annihilate a ninja 650, and this is coming from someone who has just purchased a 2012 ninja 650 smile.png

Yep, hard to compare a Jap built inline 4 600 supersport and a Thai built 650 twin but in terms of performance and build quality the Jap 600's are much better.

Thaicbr, which 150 part are they using in the 250?

post 4378.. I'm not saying it's the same but it's all similar.. The 250 is a parts bin wonder so could be ... you would have to compare the 2 parts and even then not sure because the spring rate may be different.

There's been a few posts regarding aftermarket ECU's that can allow the bike to be tuned to run rich, which is what I need to avoid the knock.

Where in Bangkok can I go to find out about it?

Unless you have modified the intake or exhaust I find it pretty odd that a brand new bike requires an aftermarket FI module to run right...rolleyes.gif

The Bazzaz z-fi gets good reviews from the states. And probably more reliable than the Thai made ones (if they're actually available yet).

At $309 they're only a thousand or two baht more than the local ones, with cheap taxes and no duty (?).

That's the route I'd take.

There's been a few posts regarding aftermarket ECU's that can allow the bike to be tuned to run rich, which is what I need to avoid the knock.

Where in Bangkok can I go to find out about it?

Knock (pre-detination) isn't solely caused by running slightly lean or rich, it's main contributor is caused by the ignition timing and/or the octane rating of the fuel which effectively changes the burn-rate and therefore has a knock on effect on the bike's timing (No pun intended)

this rattling thing on 5000-6000 rpm is really not so good for a new bike. (different on rpms on mine regarding to the gear) I am sure, it will get worse after a year.

None of my old bikes had that sound before and some of them was nearly 10 years old.

If they recall all honda cbr 250's for a repair regarding the rattling soon, i will not get surprised.

But, after started using Shell's V Power 95 and 95 benzene from Petronas, sound got less but still there.

Anyway, i change the gears mostly after 6500 - 7000 rpm to catch the torque bump so it is not a big deal for me.

Still, what the f... is it man? If you can find a solution, please share it.

Thanks in advance.

Had it for around 10,000km.

Then had to replace the headlight assembly and front farings.

Which immediately cured it.

Comes back slightly from time to time. Cleaning lubing the chain and checking the bolts around the dash and front sections usually fix it. There's a lot of fancy multi layered plastic going on in this 250cc single.

heho, man, i do not think so it is about headlight or fairing assembly.

it is definitely a noise coming from the engine.

By the way, i changed the oil on 3500 km with castrol power 1 and the noise is less now. Honda's oil is like <deleted>. Also the bike is accelerating much more better as it is 10-40 and better for high temperatures of Thailand.

We bikers in nature like stunts moving on 2 wheels and any anormal noise coming from the engine is resulting on riding the bike in an insecure way. I do not want to think about any noise or lose my concentration while riding on it.

Still, i do not care, cbr250r is a good bike keeps me moving in the city much more better then any other bike i used here such as 250 and 650 double thumpers from kawa, cb400 for a while and cbr600r for a couple of days for testing.

I am so pleased on not buying er6n as the bike reminded me my horse:) back in my country with its handlebars. cbr600 hundred is something you can ride only first two gears where i am commuting. So, first gear wrooom stop, first gear wrooom stop, it is getting a lot hot in the first gear as well in traffic, cannot man. Something heavy between the legs is not what you need while riding around 50 km in Bangkok.:))

My suggestion to you heho, just use 95 benzene, change your oil with a good brand and just by an expensive full face helmet like mine a shoei so you will notice the noise less.:))

Karlos, man, you can buy some horseshoes and high grade feed for more acceleration i assume. Haha.

A shoi will be funny for your horse though :))

Look, i m not trying to be offensive for anyone's bike man. I respect any two wheeler in this world and at the end, i m neither producing these bikes nor anyone's lawyer.

Just a humble buyer trying to express some thoughts, that s all.

heho, man, i do not think so it is about headlight or fairing assembly.

it is definitely a noise coming from the engine.

By the way, i changed the oil on 3500 km with castrol power 1 and the noise is less now. Honda's oil is like <deleted>. Also the bike is accelerating much more better as it is 10-40 and better for high temperatures of Thailand.

We bikers in nature like stunts moving on 2 wheels and any anormal noise coming from the engine is resulting on riding the bike in an insecure way. I do not want to think about any noise or lose my concentration while riding on it.

Still, i do not care, cbr250r is a good bike keeps me moving in the city much more better then any other bike i used here such as 250 and 650 double thumpers from kawa, cb400 for a while and cbr600r for a couple of days for testing.

I am so pleased on not buying er6n as the bike reminded me my horse:) back in my country with its handlebars. cbr600 hundred is something you can ride only first two gears where i am commuting. So, first gear wrooom stop, first gear wrooom stop, it is getting a lot hot in the first gear as well in traffic, cannot man. Something heavy between the legs is not what you need while riding around 50 km in Bangkok.:))

My suggestion to you heho, just use 95 benzene, change your oil with a good brand and just by an expensive full face helmet like mine a shoei so you will notice the noise less.:))

I'd like to treat all my bikes to 95 benzene but it doesn't seem to exist between here, Kanchanaburi, and bkk. Can anyone tell me what major chains sell it?

loserlazer, they have been putting the 10-30 in my bike because "this oil good for cbr250r" and they "dont have" the 10-40 Honda brand. I'd like to buy the Castrol Oil you are using. There are a couple of shops in my town that sell oil so I just want to make sure I get the right one. Aside from the bottle saying 10-40 Castrol Power 1 is there anything else I should look for to make sure it is the right one? Also what colour is the bottle. Thanks!

hey engrin

there is nothing specific, just Castrol Power 1 one stating 10-40 but in Thailand all Castrol Power 1 is 10-40 anyway as here is hot.

Actually, i was using Castrol Power 1 Racing in my old cbr 150 which is full synthetic (350 thb something ) and very good oil no difference between Motul IMHO they started to sell last couple of years ago. But it is early for my bike to use full synthetic as it is only 3800 km right now. Sure, during 6000 km service, i will start to use full synthetic.

So, if you have already passed 6000 km, i recommend you to use Castrol Power 1 Racing 10-40 full synthetic if not stick with Castrol Power 1 10-40 (140 something thb) until 6000 km.

And IMHO, a good oil is one of the best upgrade both for the protection of the engine and for acceleration.

Happy new year people. I wish a trouble free and happy ride for everyone during the new year regardless of what bike you are using:)

Karlos, man, you can buy some horseshoes and high grade feed for more acceleration i assume. Haha.

A shoi will be funny for your horse though smile.png)

Look, i m not trying to be offensive for anyone's bike man. I respect any two wheeler in this world and at the end, i m neither producing these bikes nor anyone's lawyer.

Shoei, check.

Please let me know where to get the horse shoes and feed from, then i can go show jumping this weekend :D

Enjoy the bike and excuse my sarcasm in the earlier post, i got a little carried away.

post-59428-0-86979600-1325167752_thumb.j

Shoei, check.

Please let me know where to get the horse shoes and feed from, then i can go show jumping this weekend biggrin.png

Enjoy the bike and excuse my sarcasm in the earlier post, i got a little carried away.

That's a funny arse pic Karlos! Is that a tweety sticker?! I like your riding shoes... NOT! ;) Bike looks great- I dig the new front end styling- definitely the most flattering angle.

I miss my bikes!!! >.<

Happy Holidays!

Hi BigBikeBKK, I will have the mechanic look at the ignition system at the same time. The chowder heads here in Pattaya don't know much about fixing the problem.

There must be somewhere in Bangkok that can fix it. unsure.png

Carlos nice shoei man. Nice bike too!

my tyres are set to 29_31 for two up. Roads are very bad - subway construction- on where i m living and my rear tire have visited tire shop two times in a month already! very big nails man still the bike were going stable!

So little less pressure for me.

Shoei, check.

Please let me know where to get the horse shoes and feed from, then i can go show jumping this weekend biggrin.png

LOL the shoes are my work shoes, i happened to pop into Kawasaki on the 21st Dec after work via My Mio125 and noticed my 650 at the back of the showroom, suffice to say i demanded it that instant and the girlfriend rode the Mio back home.

You're spot on about Tweety, but it's actually a Disney Tie, i have a few to entertain my students and fellow Teachers at lunch break :D

And now i'll hand the thread back to the Honda guys, sorry for what seems to have turned into a mini hijack guys :D