Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Glad you like the new mods

The SOTP ( seat of the pants ) dyno tells you its an improvement

So there is likely an improvement if nothing else in taking dips out of the powerband.

But...This is the good reason to dyno anything before mods.

That way you have a baseline ref to go from. Then you see exactly what has been gained

or sometimes even lost when it comes to poorly made exhausts or mixing of certain components.

I have not kept up with this thread so do not know but have others Here ever dyno'ed a stock bike &

seen the 22hp you mentioned as stock or is that just what the manufacturers claim?

Of course it is good to go for a dyno after each component installed but i have no time to do that plus paying dyno 1000 thb for a 3000 thb product does not look logical to me.

The dynos i referred are from cbr250dotnet - international cbr250 forum - or from magazines and all claim around 22 hp on rear wheel and 25-26 hp on rear wheel when a performance pipe, air filter and ecu installed. just google 'cbr250 2011 dyno' and you will see.

Manufacturers never claim any rear wheel hp by the way. They just claim what the bike crank out which is 26 hp for cbr 250 so minus 15 percent to 20 percent- average, depending on the bike - , you reach rear wheel hp.

i wanna go for another dyno this weekend so anybody knows a reliable and reasonable dyno in Bangkok?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you like the new mods

The SOTP ( seat of the pants ) dyno tells you its an improvement

So there is likely an improvement if nothing else in taking dips out of the powerband.

But...This is the good reason to dyno anything before mods.

That way you have a baseline ref to go from. Then you see exactly what has been gained

or sometimes even lost when it comes to poorly made exhausts or mixing of certain components.

I have not kept up with this thread so do not know but have others Here ever dyno'ed a stock bike &

seen the 22hp you mentioned as stock or is that just what the manufacturers claim?

Of course it is good to go for a dyno after each component installed but i have no time to do that plus paying dyno 1000 thb for a 3000 thb product does not look logical to me.

The dynos i referred are from cbr250dotnet - international cbr250 forum - or from magazines and all claim around 22 hp on rear wheel and 25-26 hp on rear wheel when a performance pipe, air filter and ecu installed. just google 'cbr250 2011 dyno' and you will see.

Manufacturers never claim any rear wheel hp by the way. They just claim what the bike crank out which is 26 hp for cbr 250 so minus 15 percent to 20 percent- average, depending on the bike - , you reach rear wheel hp.

i wanna go for another dyno this weekend so anybody knows a reliable and reasonable dyno in Bangkok?

Try Dirt Shop.

True it may seem excessive cost wise on the dyno.

But all else is seat of the pants

True manufacturers claim HP at the crank

Thanks for the confirm on stock HP

Did see a stock you tube

Stock 2011 CBR250 1224 miles. 22.48 hp. 15.56 ftlbs torque Dynojet dyno at RnR cycles

Edited by mania

I have not been interested personally in the single cylinder bikes but

was curious about the HP difference between the CRF250 ( not the L which shares the engine with the CBR )

& how it produces so much more HP

The first thing that caught my eye was the compression ratio

As such this would be a nice mod for folks with the CBR

$350 USD

http://www.minimobra...oduct_info.html

01-02-0145.jpg

They have a cams too $400 USD

Not bad about $700 USD all in for both cams & piston

That or find a CRF engine to swap in wink.png

Edited by mania

^ Good point.

Is the engine of the crf250r completely different to the L version (and thus that of the cbr250r), or only those pieces? I thought the R version was available well before the L version, but could be completely wrong. smile.png

Edited by cbrer

^ Good point.

Is the engine of the crf250r completely different to the L version (and thus that of the cbr250r), or only those pieces? I thought the R version was available well before the L version, but could be completely wrong. smile.png

Yes I believe that is correct that the dirt bike was around much longer & the L gets its engine from the CBR

As I said I have only looked briefly at the two as for street I would not be too interested in a single.

Always raced them in the dirt though smile.png Honda's, Huskies, Maico's, Suzuki's

One thing that would jump out right away as to why the engine swap would not be ideal for street would be the close ratio 5 speed transmission of the MX CRF though.

although as a town only screamer that would not necessarily be a bad thing smile.png

Years ago we also raced Husqvarna Bikes in Enduros & they had both a CR & WR engine (close & wide ratio trannies )

Edited by mania

I have not been interested personally in the single cylinder bikes but

was curious about the HP difference between the CRF250 ( not the L which shares the engine with the CBR )

& how it produces so much more HP

The first thing that caught my eye was the compression ratio

As such this would be a nice mod for folks with the CBR

$350 USD

http://www.minimobra...oduct_info.html

01-02-0145.jpg

They have a cams too $400 USD

Not bad about $700 USD all in for both cams & piston

That or find a CRF engine to swap in wink.png

this is already posted here.

and it is not so meaningful to get a new piston and cams if you do not use it in track.

more info on API TECH ecu:

1- Low end power increase is great. Now, it starts to pull from 2500 rpm, perfect for traffic and i can reach my office now 4 minutes earlier than beforesmile.png

2- High end power increase is also dramatic. Now, i am accelerating more so 10 kmh up on my usual fast lanes.

I am totally satisfied with it.

and it is not so meaningful to get a new piston and cams if you do not use it in track.

Oh?

When I look at the dyno chart they provide for those two inexpensive mods I see some bang for the buck

no matter where you choose to ride it.

The duration of the higher HP in the 32 pony range & the RPM range that it is useful in before it tapers is quite substantial...given the starting point

of the stock unit.

But it is ultimately what it is & perhaps not worth pouring $$ into. But it would have been interesting for Honda to start this series with the better CRF engine. Also it will be interesting to see what track folks end up with power wise after modifying this engine too.

Ok, I've been AWOL for a while, and don't really want to go back through a few dozen pages to see what I've missed. But did come across something interesting yesterday. Ninja 250 is a thing of the past. Being replaced with a 300cc FI. For anyone interested, full details here.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/157/14371/Motorcycle-Article/2013-Kawasaki-Ninja-300-First-Ride.aspx

^ Not in Thailand it isn't.

US, EU, Canada and Australia get the N300.

Indonesia and Thailand get the new N250.

Give it a year, then we'll see. For Kawasaki, economically, it wouldn't make sense to produce a 300cc for the rest of the world, and continue with the carbed 250 just for Thailand and Indonesia.

Edited by Just1Voice

Give it a year, then we'll see. For Kawasaki, economically, it wouldn't make sense to produce a 300cc for the rest of the world, and continue with the carbed 250 just for Thailand and Indonesia.

The even weirder thing is the 2013 Ninja 250 is FI not carbed

So how odd is that to improve change the 250 for 2013 & intro a 300?

http://z1000.thaimeboard.com/index.php?topic=18.0

The even weirder thing is the 2013 Ninja 250 is FI not carbed

So how odd is that to improve change the 250 for 2013 & intro a 300?

http://z1000.thaimeb....php?topic=18.0

I was unaware the N250 for 2013 was FI. Ok, didn't bother to check. lol. But, I still think that within a year we'll see the 300 here in LOS. If it's as good as the article says, and has the increased hp, it just might be worth the extra baht to go that way instead of a CBR 250.

But, having said that, I sold my CBR150, and later this week am buying the 250. Saw the new All White one yesterday. Niceeee!!!!

I was unaware the N250 for 2013 was FI. Ok, didn't bother to check. lol. But, I still think that within a year we'll see the 300 here in LOS. If it's as good as the article says, and has the increased hp, it just might be worth the extra baht to go that way instead of a CBR 250.

But, having said that, I sold my CBR150, and later this week am buying the 250. Saw the new All White one yesterday. Niceeee!!!!

Yes somewhere in this forum section is a lot of info about the new 300 Ninja

I think they said the 300 is made in Thailand?

What is the White Ninja costing? Also is it available soon?

http://www.thaivisa....-for-us-market/

Saw a white Ninja 650 at the dealer here in CM about a week or so ago, but didn't bother to look at the price. But have to admit it's a gorgeous bike! According to the article I put above, it tells everything about the 300 EXCEPT where it's made.

I was going for the black w/silver CBR 250, and still MIGHT go that way, but saw the new all white model in the showroom yesterday and fell in love with it! It's definitely NOT the same colors you find on the Honda websites, unless you Google 2013 Honda CBR Colors, then it pops up.

I'll buy this week, but due to my Extemely superstitious Thai wife, I can't take delivery on any day except Monday. Oh, and red is a bad luck color for me. lol.

Edited by Just1Voice

Saw a white Ninja 650 at the dealer here in CM about a week or so ago, but didn't bother to look at the price. But have to admit it's a gorgeous bike! According to the article I put above, it tells everything about the 300 EXCEPT where it's made.

I was going for the black w/silver CBR 250, and still MIGHT go that way, but saw the new all white model in the showroom yesterday and fell in love with it! It's definitely NOT the same colors you find on the Honda websites, unless you Google 2013 Honda CBR Colors, then it pops up.

I'll buy this week, but due to my Extemely superstitious Thai wife, I can't take delivery on any day except Monday. Oh, and red is a bad luck color for me. lol.

just go for kawa 650 man

the differences between a 150 and 250 is not that much really and you can get bored on a cbr250 soonbiggrin.png

it is a great bike though cbr 250

just go for kawa 650 man

the differences between a 150 and 250 is not that much really and you can get bored on a cbr250 soonbiggrin.png

it is a great bike though cbr 250

I had a N650 back in the states a few years ago, and would love to have the new, and vastly improved one. However, at the present time it's a bit out of my budget, otherwise.......

The head mechanic at Honda Niyom Panich swears that Honda is bring out a CBR 400, but doesn't know when. If I had a definite date, then I'd wait on that, as that would be the perfect bike for me at this stage of the game. They're also opening another Big Bike Shop/Showroom here in CM, and that's a definite. But that's stil a couple of months away. As for the difference between the 150 & 250, just for the hell of it I raced against a 250. It wasn't even close. lol. I love to do trips, and my normal complaint about the 150 was just not enough torque for the mountains. Other than that, I loved it for the most part. Did a trip from CM to BKK, to Khon Kaen, to Udon, to Phitsanuloc, back to CM on it. Never had a problem...except in the mountains.

Just got my 2nd year 1st class insurance renewal. 4488b with sane cover as last year except total loss/ damage now covers 64thou not 80thou. Still that amount will do a lot of fixing. Pleased with that. Thanks Brian at Sumet for sorting it 1st year. :D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Just got my 2nd year 1st class insurance renewal. 4488b with sane cover as last year except total loss/ damage now covers 64thou not 80thou. Still that amount will do a lot of fixing. Pleased with that. Thanks Brian at Sumet for sorting it 1st year. biggrin.png

Wow, that was a pretty good drop in price over the first year. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Brian

just1voice

please check cbr500 thread in TV

The bike is coming around new year a 500 twin

so do not buy cbr 250 now wait for 500 man

Yeah, I've see the articles, and heard the rumors, about both a CBR 400 & 500 "coming", but no one can say when. I'm not really in the mood to wait another 3-4-5 months. Since selling my 150, I've been using my son's PCX 150cc, which is a fun scooter, but after about an hour or so on it, my back is killing me. Got a problem with lower spine, and sittng upright just doesn't help.

So, I'll go with the 250 and that will be fine for my needs, Although, I do admit, that I put off waiting for the 400 for about 4 months now before finally deciding to just say "screw it" and get the 250.

Just got my 2nd year 1st class insurance renewal. 4488b with sane cover as last year except total loss/ damage now covers 64thou not 80thou. Still that amount will do a lot of fixing. Pleased with that. Thanks Brian at Sumet for sorting it 1st year. biggrin.png

Wow, that was a pretty good drop in price over the first year. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Brian

I'm happy enough with the price all in. At least it didn't go up like the Ninja insurance :lol::D

The head mechanic at Honda Niyom Panich swears that Honda is bring out a CBR 400, but doesn't know when. If I had a definite date, then I'd wait on that, as that would be the perfect bike for me at this stage of the game.

How about a CBR400

They have some beautiful examples on mocyc dot com

http://mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=CBR400&action=adv&product_status=&classified_type=&category=2&sub_category=15™=0&bPrice=&ePrice=&province=0&x=0&y=0

or a NC30 type?

http://mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=NC30&action=adv&product_status=&classified_type=&category=2&sub_category=15™=0&bPrice=&ePrice=&province=0&x=0&y=0

Edited by mania

The head mechanic at Honda Niyom Panich swears that Honda is bring out a CBR 400, but doesn't know when. If I had a definite date, then I'd wait on that, as that would be the perfect bike for me at this stage of the game.

How about a CBR400

http://mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=CBR400&action=adv&product_status=&classified_type=&category=2&sub_category=15™=0&bPrice=&ePrice=&province=0&x=0&y=0

or a NC30 type?

http://mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=NC30&action=adv&product_status=&classified_type=&category=2&sub_category=15™=0&bPrice=&ePrice=&province=0&x=0&y=0

Have you ever tried keeping one running .... hard work. Also they hate. Gasohol.

Have you ever tried keeping one running .... hard work. Also they hate. Gasohol.

Keeping it running would not be a problem

But the gas now that you mention it could be a problem.

although I do see 91 or was it 95? benzine here in CM a bit pricey though (compared to gasohol)

Edited by mania

just1voice

Yeah, I've see the articles, and heard the rumors, about both a CBR 400 & 500 "coming", but no one can say when. I'm not really in the mood to wait another 3-4-5 months. Since selling my 150, I've been using my son's PCX 150cc, which is a fun scooter, but after about an hour or so on it, my back is killing me. Got a problem with lower spine, and sittng upright just doesn't help.

So, I'll go with the 250 and that will be fine for my needs, Although, I do admit, that I put off waiting for the 400 for about 4 months now before finally deciding to just say "screw it" and get the 250.

i hope you do not regret your decision 3 months later man .:)

How about a CBR400

http://mocyc.com/mar...vince=0&x=0&y=0

or a NC30 type?

http://mocyc.com/mar...vince=0&x=0&y=0

these bikes are nearly 20 years old now in Thailand they became opened like a lettucebiggrin.png

Hard to find a reliable one besides, a good mechanic that can fix it without screwing you.

And, you need lots of time and patience.

just1voice

i hope you do not regret your decision 3 months later man .smile.png

There are a number of "factors" that go into my decisions, with the main two being finances and health. I'm pushing 64, have beat cancer once, then spent the better part of 2 years trying to recover from CIDN (Google it), so at 173cm and down to 60kg, I'm not that "lean, mean, fighting machine" that spent 20 years in the Marines, with most of that in Force Recon. Now I'm an older (hehe) man who doesn't have half the physical strength I did 5 years ago. So, while part of me would definitely love the bigger 400/500, or whichever one it's going to be, the 250 will be fine. Most of my driving is here around CNX, and once a month I'll take a trip for 3-4 days, just as I did with the 150. Yeah, no doubt that when they come, I'll look at them and do some "wishful thinking", but that's about it. I learned a long time ago, be happy with what you have, as there are a hell of a lot of others who don't have it.

Paperwork is done, money paid, I pick up the new, all white one Monday.

just1voice

i hope you do not regret your decision 3 months later man .smile.png

There are a number of "factors" that go into my decisions, with the main two being finances and health. I'm pushing 64, have beat cancer once, then spent the better part of 2 years trying to recover from CIDN (Google it), so at 173cm and down to 60kg, I'm not that "lean, mean, fighting machine" that spent 20 years in the Marines, with most of that in Force Recon. Now I'm an older (hehe) man who doesn't have half the physical strength I did 5 years ago. So, while part of me would definitely love the bigger 400/500, or whichever one it's going to be, the 250 will be fine. Most of my driving is here around CNX, and once a month I'll take a trip for 3-4 days, just as I did with the 150. Yeah, no doubt that when they come, I'll look at them and do some "wishful thinking", but that's about it. I learned a long time ago, be happy with what you have, as there are a hell of a lot of others who don't have it.

Paperwork is done, money paid, I pick up the new, all white one Monday.

cool man.

congrats for you new cbr250 then.