Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just at a new Honda-dealer showroom in Pattaya (all from the same mafia) full of CBR150r's for 75k. He said they would have they CBR250r next year (not December), altough his boss told me 2 weeks ago he would have them in December.

Although the CBR150r is a different beast as the CBR250r they look and feel almost the same I think, so I tested the CBR150r and the riding position is not good for me (even worse as on a Kawasaki ER6N). I saw it had IRC Road Winner tyres.

Chang Noi

JR Motor have just put up on their site that the CBR250R will be released country wide (Thailand) in December. No specific date, and no price for the ABS version. Since the announcement of the bike at the end of October they have had 'release date to be announced'. They were the first to have a price for the 150 and 250, so have proven to be reliable. Originally, when they first put the bike up on their site, they had 115k for the ABS version but then changed it to 1xx,xxx a day later.

http://www.jrmotor.com/

3 colours for the standard version

Black/Silver

Silver

Red/Silver

4 colours for the ABS version

Black/Silver

Silver

Red/Silver

White (i assume the tri-colour)

I'm guessing that maybe the C-ABS version will be released at a later date. But until we see the flammin' thing in the showrooms i won't believe a thing!

I think people are mixing up the colors of the CBR150r and CBR250r (hell they look like twins).

The CBR150r is now really in all major Honda dealers, you can just buy one and drive away with it. It has a totally different rear-suspension as the CBR250r (and that of the CBR250r is much better not because of the shock but because of the way it is mounted)

Chang Noi

I think people are mixing up the colors of the CBR150r and CBR250r (hell they look like twins).

The CBR150r is now really in all major Honda dealers, you can just buy one and drive away with it. It has a totally different rear-suspension as the CBR250r (and that of the CBR250r is much better not because of the shock but because of the way it is mounted)

Chang Noi

I assume you are referring to my post. I wasn't mixing the 2 up, just reporting what a thai website (jrmotor.com) said about the 250.

Europe seems to be only getting the Tri-colour (proper name Pearl Spencer Blue) and Black (Asteroid Metallic Black). USA/Australia sites shows only 2 colours; Black and Red/Silver. There have been sightings of the 250s in Red/Silver, Silver, and Black/Silver in Thailand, but not sure about the Pearl Spencer Blue or all Black 250s in Thailand.

http://world.honda.com/CBR250R/spec/index.html

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondaracing/flim_club/answer1.asp?id=3713&VIEW=906&club=FLIM_CLUB

Edited by taichiplanet

Anyone visited the Motor Expo yet and see if the 250 are on Honda's stand??

Yes, I just got back. The 250 is on the Honda stand. I took a bunch of photos, some even have the bike in it rolleyes.gif

There are two bikes you can have a sit on. The sales rep said standard brake option is 100k and will be on sale 5th Dec. C-ABS will be available in mid Jan and cost 115k.

APe Honda have put the CBR250 on their website for the first time. Prices 100k and 115k. Date given is 10th Dec, but not sure if both models. Colours seem to be Red/Gray, Gray, Black/Gray

http://www.aphonda.co.th/2010/2010_page200.asp?id=2353

If you buy before Dec 31 you will "get 'CBR Platinum Package' package includes two top benefits of superior service Honda Roadside Assistance and Free Maintenance Coupon maintenance free over a year For more information on Honda Call Center 0-2725-4000."

Edited by taichiplanet

Nice one, just like I thought would happen.

The colours of the 150 look nicer though.

Hey, my sweet hearts loving the silver one. Exciting knowing she'll have a real bike, instead of something like another Phantom. B)

Can the clip on style bars be raised, lifted (slightly, maybe a inch up and back) to fit a rider? Like the ones on the new CBR250, set for more of a touring rider position. Thirty plus years of owning lottsa bikes; I've never owned one without one piece handlebars.

I'll leave the question though Google to rescue again with bar risers info; but availability of them here. Hmmm. Printing this image out to take around to the shops. Woodcraft_risers_8.jpg

Edited by Fishenough

Looks like the new Honda CBR 250 R 2011 makes its debut in Thailand on Tuesday, December 7th. I got a phone call this morning from a sales gal from the Naklua Mityan dealer. The girl had put my name and phone number down for a test drive of both the new CBR 150 and CBR 250 so this was a follow up call. So I went to the dealership and she gave me a coupon entitling me to test drives of both bikes at Big C in South Pattaya starting at 4 p.m. The coupon describes an official coming out party. I also got a brochure at the Naklua dealership with a brief description and pictures of the new CBR 250. And true to what others have already posted here, the colors in this brochure are red and silver, silver (description is gray however) and black with silver.

Edited by jackcorbett

Looks like the new Honda CBR 250 R 2011 makes its debut in Thailand on Tuesday, December 7th. I got a phone call this morning from a sales gal from the Naklua Mityan dealer. The girl had put my name and phone number down for a test drive of both the new CBR 150 and CBR 250 so this was a follow up call. So I went to the dealership and she gave me a coupon entitling me to test drives of both bikes at Big C in South Pattaya starting at 4 p.m. The coupon describes an official coming out party. I also got a brochure at the Naklua dealership with a brief description and pictures of the new CBR 250. And true to what others have already posted here, the colors in this brochure are red and silver, silver (description is gray however) and black with silver.

Thanks for the info Jack. I'll have to visit that dealer too, (i know 'em as i used to live opposite), and get a coupon! Now all we need is someone to turn up on a Ninja 250 so we can do some racing! :ph34r::lol:

The APe Honda website in the news article does say the prices are 100k and 115k. I'm guessing that you have to order the 250 through the main branches, which is a pity as i'd like to use the friendly local dealer.

Edited by taichiplanet

Thanks for the info Jack. I'll have to visit that dealer too, (i know 'em as i used to live opposite), and get a coupon! Now all we need is someone to turn up on a Ninja 250 so we can do some racing! :ph34r::lol:

The APe Honda website in the news article does say the prices are 100k and 115k. I'm guessing that you have to order the 250 through the main branches, which is a pity as i'd like to use the friendly local dealer.

This Honda dealership is about one mile from my condo. For several years I've had routine servicing done on my Yamaha Nouvos and the service has been quick and efficient. The girl I've recently been talking to at this dealership set me up for the test drive, then she told me she'd like to sell me one of the CBR's so if there is to be a sale to me, I'd think she and her dealership will get the credit for the sale. I'm not saying I'm going to buy one of the new CBR's but as I've said, I'm very tempted so I would buy from her. I'm tempted to just stick with my Nouvo Elegance for the next year. It does what I need to get done so well. Even tonight, I had to return from the new Central Mall and the traffic was just packed all the way to Pattaya Klang. I was able to slither around through the cars with just inches to spare. No way I could do that on a bigger bike.

hi.Just arrived the Motor show Bangkok and with the excitement of the official news of the release of new Honda cbr 250 there and fondling the bike, i wanted to write my first post.As a proud owner of a heavily modified cbr 150 in Bangkok traffic for over two years, i am following the cbr 150 topic as a reference for my bike. Thanks for the ones contributed/contributing.

I have talked with the sales guys at Motor Show and saw the official price and finance list.100,000 thb for no ABS version117,000 thb for ABS version

20 percent down payment and installments of 24 months.

So, 20,000 thb for the down payment of no ABS version and 4400 thb monthly installments over 24 months for 0,8 percent interest - still interest rates will vary depending on the dealer.

Good deal guys. The bike is solid, looks good and great improvement on comfort.Still, i will wait for the red-grey - unfortunately there are no other choices - ABS version as it will be at the dealers on 10th of January according to the two salesmen there.Just little bit more patience!

I have talked with the sales guys at Motor Show and saw the official price and finance list.100,000 thb for no ABS version117,000 thb for ABS version 20 percent down payment and installments of 24 months.

So, 20,000 thb for the down payment of no ABS version and 4400 thb monthly installments over 24 months for 0,8 percent interest - still interest rates will vary depending on the dealer.

Good deal guys.

As even thinking about transferring money at the current exchange rate brings me out in a nasty rash I would be quite happy with 0.8%. But where can you get that? All the dealers I have dealt with in the past do the finance themselves and want around 2%. Are there 'main' Honda dealers in Bangkok that you can arrange the finance through at those rates?

hi.Just arrived the Motor show Bangkok and with the excitement of the official news of the release of new Honda cbr 250 there and fondling the bike, i wanted to write my first post.As a proud owner of a heavily modified cbr 150 in Bangkok traffic for over two years, i am following the cbr 150 topic as a reference for my bike. Thanks for the ones contributed/contributing.

I have talked with the sales guys at Motor Show and saw the official price and finance list.100,000 thb for no ABS version117,000 thb for ABS version

20 percent down payment and installments of 24 months.

Good deal guys. The bike is solid, looks good and great improvement on comfort.Still, i will wait for the red-grey - unfortunately there are no other choices - ABS version as it will be at the dealers on 10th of January according to the two salesmen there.Just little bit more patience!

105600 bht to pay back an 80000 bht loan over two years is a heck of alot more than 0.8% interest.

105600 bht to pay back an 80000 bht loan over two years is a heck of alot more than 0.8% interest.

It's 0.8% a month.

Here's the way that one works out.

Loan principle amount----------------------80,000 baht

Annual interest rate________________16 %

Loan period_____________________2 years

Interest over term of loan____________25600 baht

Monthly payment__________________4400 baht

Sum of all payments_______________105600 baht

Considering I'm getting something like .005 % on my money in a U.S. bank, I'd rather pay this in cash.

Edited by jackcorbett

It's 0.8% a month.

Considering I'm getting something like .005 % on my money in a U.S. bank, I'd rather pay this in cash.

Thanks for the maths jc, that rate is almost as bad as the village loan sharks :o

It's 0.8% a month.

16% in simple interest.. which nearly doubles when you consider the fact that after 1 year its half paid off..

Thats a deal !! :rolleyes:

It's 0.8% a month.

16% in simple interest.. which nearly doubles when you consider the fact that after 1 year its half paid off..

Yeah, that's an APR of 32.15%. Cash it is then!

Yeah, that's an APR of 32.15%. Cash it is then!

I figured it that way too. But whichever way one calculates the interest, the lendee becomes the screwee.

Luckily, for the present, the Australian dollar exchange rate is great. Unluckily i don't have the Australian dollars to exchange at the moment! :D

Went to my local (outta town) Honda shop and they knew nothing about the test ride tomorrow at Big C South Pattaya.

Then dropped into the dealer that Jack got his test drive coupon from (he was number 2 on the list!). After ringing someone they eventually provided a coupon for me (i was #11, so maybe they were restricted to 10 coupons). The good thing is it seems you can buy the CBR250 from smaller shops like this one. The sales woman said their mechanic had been to a training course for the 250. If i do buy one then i'd rather support the friendly shops than the main branch. There was still confusion about the price of the ABS model, i guess because it is not coming out till next year. i definitely could put down a deposit today for the standard version if i wanted.

Here are shots of the coupon. So hopefully a test ride tomorrow! Although the coupon says tast ride so maybe it is a taste ride or a fast ride!

post-70604-0-97219800-1291627602_thumb.j

post-70604-0-34701500-1291627630_thumb.j