Working From Abroad With Freelance In Thailand

thaiflx

Hello,

I'd like to know if someone could help me better understand the rules.

We have an IT company based in Europe and sell a service on Internet, I've found a couple of people in Thailand that could help me but we want to understand if all is ok with laws before to start

these people will likely start as freelancers, no need for a company now

so they work as private people and will invoice us for the work they do.

I would like to be sure of the laws and have an idea of their expenses so to talk of a correct cost

as I understood, below 1,6 million bath they could work as private (freelance), no need for them to open a company,

they should only apply for a tax id and pay taxes as in http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

as far as the invoice the will do to us, is it accepted in Europe or US an invoice done by a Thai freelance once there's the tax id showed in it ?

Will they need a professiona accountant to prepare and pay the tax ?

if so how could it cost ?

Any other point that I need to know before to talk with them ?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Non-Thai Nationals in Thailand cannot work legally without the proper visa and a valid Work Permit. Foreigners who call themselves “freelancers” are sometimes looking for work but do not have the proper visa or a Work Permit to do work legally in Thailand. They need to be employed by a company that is operating legally in Thailand and that means either for a registered Thai company that they own or one that operates here legally (i.e. A Thai Company Limited, an Treaty of Amity Company, or a licensed Representative Office of a foreign company). Paying someone to perform work while in Thailand without the person being eligible to work here is illegal. We do not give tax advice regarding foreign countries so you will need to discuss your companies home country’s tax laws with a licensed tax professional. When doing business with people/business in Thailand it is highly suggested that you perform due diligence on the company/individual’s legal status. If you would still like to work with foreign nationals living in Thailand have them set up a legal company to do so. It is safer for you as a company and safer for the individual(s) you seek to work with on projects.

www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com