Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Axe hovering over Indianapolis Grand Prix?

PA1007739.jpg

With no deal in place for 2012, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway could have already hosted its last MotoGP race...

This year's MotoGP Indianapolis Grand Prix could be the last held around the famed 'Brickyard' as uncertainty over whether a new deal will be struck for the 2012 season continues to rumble on.

Indianapolis welcomed MotoGP for the first time in 2008, but the layout, which incorporates some of the reputed oval that leads into a twisty infield, received a lukewarm reaction from riders, while spectator numbers have also declined during that time.

Though the United States remains a significant market for the motorcycle industry, seemingly firming Indianapolis's position on the MotoGP calendar as the second American race alongside Laguna Seca, the multi-year deal to take the series to the new Circuit of the Americas in Texas in 2013 has raised doubts over whether a contract extension is forthcoming.

Indeed, no deal is currently in place for 2012, with IMS president Jeff Belskus telling Reuters that while he hopes MotoGP returns next year, he is prepared for the eventuality that it won't.

Greg Hansford brought his 250 & 350 Kwaka GP bikes to Australia for the Easter bike races at Bathurst in 1980. I had the great pleasure of seeing him blitz everything he went in including what I think they called the OpenTT I think this was in the days of the 750s. Some of his opposition were on them and had the legs on him down the straight (Conrod straight about 2ks I think then), but he had them going up and down the mountain. They ran these Easter bike races until about 1983 when the New South Wales police (motorcyclists least favoured after Queensland police) managed to have them shut down for unruly crowd behaviour. Which it was in the camping area after the races I'll admit. But the racetrack is awesome, its still used every year for the V8Supercar 1000k race. I did a bit of pit crewing there for my mate who was running in the twins championship on his 600 Duke later on in the 80s when they managed to hold a couple of more orderly meetings (from my point of view as I was sleeping in the pits)

About 6 of us decided to go on the Thursday after work, with no preparation we made it to Bathurst on Saturday morning after sleeping rough for 2 nights, it was about 1200 or something kilometres. We had my Duke 900 super sport which distinguished itself by not missing a beat two up the whole five days, just fractured the metal bracket which held the fairing up at the front and had to weld it, an LC 350 Yammie which distinguished itself by running out of petrol and had us all scratching our heads and buying spark plugs, a BMW also 2 up and a Duke 750GT.

The highlight of the race apart from the stunning green meanie was a race called the Arai 500 for any sort of bike mostly four strokes however were in it due to its endurance nature I think. You also had to have a headlight as it was feared that the race might run into the dark. As I recall the race leader Dennis Neill on a CBR1000 was called in because his wasn't working and he went back out with a torch taped to the front and still ran 3rd.

It was one of the best times of my life, including participating on the 900 in the impromptu 60metre dirt drags which were running in the camping area.

Great story mate :)

I miss the madness of the camp site at various Donnington race weekends. I,m sure a lot that used to go off then is now banned due to breaching WSH rules.

Cheers, thanks for the photos Atmos.

Also, a big thanks for the PM bringing the recent posts regarding my friend who pased away in Krabi last year. Now have made contact with his daughter.

Sofuoglu, Indianapolis Moto2 2011

PA1006551.jpgPA1006552.jpg

Downloaded Indianapolis MotoGP race they were all saying how bad the condition of the track was, you think the organizers would clean things up and prepare the track surface.

Stoner had the worst thing to say about it, part of which was it was the worse track he had ever been on.

Sad about about the desecration of Joey Dunlops gravestone ' Lickey ' meeting and talking to Joey the on the IOM, I would say he would care one bit, those A-holes cannot take anything away one of the great legends in motorcycling history.

We have complete night of bike racing coming up. Moto GP and two WSBK races, one just after Moto GP.

Looks like I need to get my chores done now as I,m doing nothing later, apart from shouting at the TV.

The Sepang round is almost in sight now and will be the first few days I will have had off work for about 8 months

Will be staying at the Concorde Inn inbetween the track and airport.

Emotional end to the Moto2 race in San Marino.

I,m sure that this was the race that Scot Redding has now come to terms with the death of Shoya Tomizawa.

A great race from the begining to the end. Congrats to Marc.

Great race , really.

Emotions spilling over into Moto Gp.

Loris has stated he will retire from racing at the end of this season.

I have seen Loris stand the podium and what a great career he is having, an inspiration to us all, I'm sure you'll agree.

Best 3 Moto GP races for a long time, but whatever was Zarco playing at on the line, he had the race won and gave it up? Scott R did really well, to stay in front of those protagonists for so many laps, lets hope the jinx and memories are finished now and his ghosts can be laid to rest, im pretty sure he went all out for Tokishowas memory and to clear his own mind, also that if he was in front he wouldnt hit a faller..

I didnt listen to Moaners comments at the end, but im sure there must have been some about tyres ect, or dark visor, well done Yourgay, home race next, and what a battle with simple dovi and spies, cant believe the clumsy dago beat them two !!!!

Superbikes, well what can you say, RAIN, the great leveler from the sky, Tom Sykes done well, dissapointing for Haga yes, but bloody brilliant for Tom, first Kawasaki win since Chris Walker Assen 2007, pity it wasnt dry!

Went to WSB Nurburgring 1998, stayed at a campsite just over the border in Belgium, the boss gave us black beer and some homemade cheese, then a slide show of how he made the cheese, all the time giving us the beer, then a big steak meal, we went to practise on the saturday, it was a brilliant sunny day, about 70ks from the camping, lovely twisty roads, my younger brother on his 900 Trident always got past me on the bends, but i got back on the straights {ZZR1100} both 2 up, on Raceday, it was a bit overcast when we left the site, got to the Ring and it pissed down all day, Arron Slight won the first and Chilli won the second, Fogarty was way down in both races, so just goes to show rain will sort the men from the moaners!!

I've just learned of James Toselands decision to retire due to the irreversible damage to his wrist.

James is originally from the next village from where I am from outside Sheffield, England. He is a local hreo.

Thanks for the spectacle James !! Live the dream.

I guess it can't be easy to make a move like this but he has come to terms with it.

a shame for Toseland, a pity when it's injury not personal choice forcing a retirement

Watched first race of BSB last night, John Hopkins won at Donington, he went on to win the second race as well

1 J. Hopkins Samsung Crescent Racing Suzuki 568

2 T. Hill Swan Yamaha 565

3 S. Byrne HM Plant Honda 543

4 M. Laverty Swan Yamaha 532

5 J. Brookes Relentless Suzuki 530

6 R. Kiyonari HM Plant Honda 518

Next races in BSB at Silverstone 25 September

also 25 September - World Superbikes at Imola

and this weekend it's Moto GP in Spain Gran Premio de Aragón

ARA.jpg?version=2011-09-09.r01f76fe043

Edited by Atmos

It is good learn that most of the riders are agreeing to go to Japan later this year. Yamaha earlier this week and Rossi ( and presumably Hayden ) will also go.

Just waiting for the Repsol Honda team to confirm now.

Provisional calendar - see that Motegi has been move dto late in the season after two April cancellations, not that either of them could have been predicted in any way.

This may be my opportunity at last - go there then Sepang a week after in one trip. Maybe.

The International Motorcycling Federation (FIM) has announced the provisional race calendar for 2012.

As in 2011, the season will have 18 rounds beginning in Qatar and ending in Valencia, Spain.

MOTOGP 2012 CALENDAR

• 15 Apr: Qatar (Losail)
  • 29 Apr: Spain (Jerez)
  • 6 May: Portugal (Estoril)
  • 20 May: France (Le Mans)
  • 3 Jun: Spain (Catalunya)
  • 17 Jun: Britain (Silverstone)
  • 30 Jun: Netherlands (Assen)
  • 8 Jul: Germany (TBC)
  • 15 Jul: Italy (Mugello)
  • 29 Jul: US (Laguna Seca)
  • 19 Aug: US (Indianapolis)
  • 26 Aug: Czech Republic (Brno)
  • 16 Sep: San Marino (Misano)
  • 30 Sep: Spain (Aragon)
  • 14 Oct: Japan (Motegi)
  • 21 Oct: Malaysia (Sepang)
  • 28 Oct: Australia (Phillip Island)
  • 11 Nov: Spain (Valencia)

source

not long now till the last 125cc Grand Prix

25maverickvinales_slideshow_169.jpg

Maverick Viñales, Pev-Blusens-SMX-Paris Hilton

Friday, 16 September 2011

The Blusens by Paris Hilton Racing rider led the proceedings ahead of Terol and Kent at the Gran Premio de Aragón Friday morning opening practice.

just keeps getting worse for VR

Rossi to start from Pit Lane at Aragón

Ducati Team confirmed after qualifying that Valentino Rossi will use his seventh engine on Sunday for the Gran Premio de Aragon, which means he will start the race from Pit Lane due to an Engine Durability rule infringement. The current FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations state that each rider is allowed six engines per season. Under the 'Penalties for infringement of article 2.3.7 (Engine durability in MotoGP)' section of the regulations, a rider will start the race from Pit Lane ten seconds after the race start if the infringement takes place before the race.

Those riders who qualified below Rossi in the qualifying session will all move up one position on the grid.

meanwhile, 'business as usual' at the front of the field

Stoner shatters lap record to take pole

This afternoon in Aragón, Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner claimed his ninth season pole position and with it smashed his own lap record by almost half a second.

Stoner, Pedrosa, Spies, Lorenzo, Divizioso, Simoncelli

more

Races (Thai times)- 125 at 4pm, Moto2 5.15pm, Moto GP 7pm

Edited by Atmos

Stacey and Dani seemed like a world apart in qualifying, however the factory yamahas who are 3rd n 4th have been going better in the races I think. Should be a race I hope. Doctor chucked it away again and there is some concern that he may have used his engine allocation by having his last engine in Bike 1 and an over allocation one in his spare bike, even though he hasn't actually used it. He may have to start from pit-lane if officialdom rules against him. Stacey had a crash also, he had to bale out before running head-on into a wall after running off the track, he seemed to be uninjured but you wouldn't want to come down on your knee like that too many times. What a feeling, heading towards a wall at speed and having to ditch. I remember having to do it at a motorcycle course I did for work once but only at about 20 or 30ks and not many managed it.

Marquez in the Moto 2 is going to win the championship I reckon, Bradl's problems could be in his head but I hope he gets it together. Didn't see the 125s. Coverage starts at 4pm Thai time.

Envy is not a healthy emotion, so I wish those going to Sepang a very good time. When I used to live in Australia I often contemplated the Japan/Malaysia trip it would be fantastic. Dont forget if you haven't got a pit pass into Sepang you can usually get into the area behind the pits after the races through the tunnel, handy to get a few photos. viz the Stoner's going for a run to avoid a drunken Aussie critic (not me) I was full on free Tigers but still polite.

post-87221-0-51138100-1316315784_thumb.j

saw this article re the Indy Cars racing at Motegi today - no worries re fallout mentioned, but does say the oval circuit is still damaged, so they instead raced on the circuit with real corners, so must be all ok for the Moto GP 30 Sept-2 Oct.

Motorsport: Dixon wins Indy Japan

The deadly March 11 earthquake damaged the oval at Twin Ring, so Sunday's 63-lap race was held instead on the recently repaved 14-turn, 4.8-kilometer (2.9-mile) road course.

Sunday's race was the last IndyCar series event in Japan. Mobilityland Corp., a wholly owned unit of Honda Motor Co., announced in February that due to the global economic downturn the 2011 race will be the last.

Cheers Bluetongue.

Will be going to Sepang.

What a manic , nail biting Moto2 race. Did anyone notice that the Spanish and Italian flags were 90 degrees from being correct on the podium?

The MotoGp race was quite predictable and a bit of a procession. Nice one to Cal C for getting oneover the Doctor.

Any of you guys going to Sepang?

I will be along with my good lady, youngest daughter ( 3 ), my youngest brother from the UK and an old school friend from the UK. We are staying at the Concorde Inn near the track.

^ Moto2 - was thinking while watching that race - "isn't this how Moto GP should be"

one camera shot towards the end showed 14 bikes within the same picture frame - looked at the results and positions 2-4 were .6 second apart, positions 5 to 14 at the end were separated by 2 seconds

Moto GP - lack of riders/bikes - 13 finished with a 58 second spread between 1st and last, the gaps at the front were roughly 8, 6, 6, and 7 seconds apart; getting to be a zzzzzzzz

while back I mentioned I had problem with the Sepang site - they require credit cards to have '3d security' - being from NZ my credit card is likely 1D - anyway they would not accept my otherwise valid MasterCard for purchase, but I was able to buy using PayPal, 120r 1200baht fo a main grandstand ticket, they emailed it to me to print off - so that part worked well

Stoner 284

Lorenzo 240

Dovizioso 185

Pedrosa 170

Spies 146

Rossi 139

Hayden 114

Simoncelli 106

Four races left this season

Motegi 2 Oct

Phillip Island 16 Oct

Sepang 23 Oct

Valencia 6 Nov

WSB is at Imola 25 September

Edited by Atmos

Casey-Stoner-waves-after--007.jpgAragon_warmup.jpg

I know it's just a colour - but what about that Repsol colour scheme?

Only just watch my download, trying to avoid all news reports.

On the BBC 2 version they were given the colour schemme a lot of stick.

Anyhow congrats to Stoner, wonder if he will make the 6 times or more world champ.

I think Ducati are going to have to nick a V5 Honda and copy it for next year. :lol:

Carlos "Chubby" Checa has certainly had to wait for it, but as you say give him his due, when the opportunity was there he was good enough to do it. Mad Max being injured and all with a ? broken foot, makes me wonder how confident he was that he could beat Checa or even Melandri. There would be guys that would race with that if they could and although I dont know how bad Max's foot is I have been dubious about his commitment this year.

Troy Bayliss who was guesting on Star seems to think Carlos has got a chance next year as well. Althea his team seem to know what they are doing and bringing a few young guys along too and developing the next Ducati "customer" Superbike. If Rea gets a competitive bike and thats a big if apparently, he would be hard to beat. Apparently Laverty may get a start in Moto2 and everyone else is waiting on Melandri to re-sign with Yamaha before settling their rides. They would be the only two others with a chance I'd reckon, of course you have to wait for the entry list though, never know who might be thrown out of MotoGP yet.

Motegi is having a couple of wildcards, they dont seem to have the same impact these days as it becomes more processional at the top as pointed out above.