Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

This has nothing to do with MotoGp but is worth a look all the same.

The bike is a ZX10R with an extended swing arm and no rear shock, just a solid strut.

The motor is a tuned RX7.

Awesome....

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Soihok

Yes there's a lot of competition for new races to be allocated, and perhaps repositioned from Spain or Italy where they have more than one. It's not confined to the bikes and seems to particularly appeal to the "modern" Arab or Asian businessman, but just quietly I think, they are struck by the pitchicks. Apparently Gulf interests are behind 2of the the bids for WSBK (Or Infront if you like) and Dorna is behind the 3rd, correct me if I have got that slightly wrong, I'm not good with all this corporate stuff I'm just a Mum and Dad investor.

SBK is on right about now from Aragon in Spain, Checa chucked in the first race leaving Melandri to win from Biaggi. For you Brits Camier got a podium, Laverty 4th, Haslam 9th, and no sign of Johnny Rea (injured) and presumably Toseland also.

Kwasaki, thanks for the info about the Kenny Roberts picture, if I could find the book I'm sure it would confirm what you say. Presumably you are a Kawasaki fan, and can take some solace from their improving show in SBK, (Sykes was 5th). Wait until CV gets a chance to show his resume tehn i reckon you might win some.

Race 2 on NOW

Race two was pretty stretched out I thought. Sad to see Tom Sykes and a ZX10R in the gravel, he was doing well.

Carlos won and gladly didn't crash out as he would have resumed his old title of " Careless Chucker ".

Good stuff.

Kwasaki, thanks for the info about the Kenny Roberts picture, if I could find the book I'm sure it would confirm what you say. Presumably you are a Kawasaki fan, and can take some solace from their improving show in SBK, (Sykes was 5th). Wait until CV gets a chance to show his resume tehn i reckon you might win some.

Well I want to download the SBK races and get up to date, if only a company that builds nuclear power station equipment would develop there racebikes more.

I have had many bikes over the years I was almost born in a sidecar that my Dad fitted to his Rudge 500 TT Replica special.

I have always liked Kawasaki fours because of the unique sound they make but I'm a fan of all the main four Jap companies sports bikes.

Honda has always been my favorite and I kept my 1992 fireblade for 11years before selling as a classic before retiring to Thailand.

I'm pleased that I am now able to download MotoGP because I can catch up with you guys because there's nothing better than forming a valid own opinion until you actually see the race.

I'm just going to watch the French race and have all the downloaded races up to GB to watch.

I'm impressed with the speed of the Honda and with Stoner on board I cannot see how there going to be beat so far.

Stoner looks unbeatable.

Pretty much the same as he did when he was on it at Ducati.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm. :lol:

I have to say I did not like the way Stoner took the apology from Vale after hearing what he said on BBC coverage of the race.

The funny thing was Vale laughing said afterwards I kept my helmet on because I did not know what to expect. :D

The other thing is the official complaint made by Stoner, Lorenzo and Barberá about Marco in France, that don't score browny points with me.

Marco on pole at Catalunya was good but they had him mugged, after the race in interview it seemed like his spirit had been taken away, I say go for it Marco ' F ' em.

Edited by Kwasaki

ASSEN this weekend

106.jpg?version=2011-06-21.r048977595f

Assen is the only venue to have held a round of the Motorcycle World Championship every year since its creation in 1949. The circuit was purpose built for the Dutch TT in 1954, with previous events having been held on public roads. The track is narrow, with rapid changes in direction, and is fully surrounded by grass banks and grandstands, providing excellent viewing for the hundreds of thousands of fanatical spectators who are drawn to the most prestigious event in Dutch motorsport every year. A huge favourite with riders, Assen is well known for its festive and extravagant atmosphere.

In 1999 the circuit was modified with a new grandstand, control tower, press centre and renovated boxes. Modifications to the Assen circuit over the winter of 2005/6 saw the length of the championship’s longest serving track cut from over 6km down to 4.555km/2.83miles.

all the records were set last year

MotoGPFastest Lap2010Jorge LORENZO (SPA)Yamaha1'34.515173.0 km/hCircuit Record2010Dani PEDROSA (SPA)Honda1'34.525173.0 km/hBest Pole2010Jorge LORENZO (SPA)Yamaha1'34.515173.0 km/hTop Speed2010Marco MELANDRI (ITA)Honda312.3 km/h

Races on Saturday 25 June (Thailand times)

125cc - 5.00pmMoto2 - 6.15pmMotoGP - 8pm

Colin Edwards

“I am really looking forward to Assen because I love the track. It is not the old Assen of a few years back, but there are still plenty of sections of the track that are awesome on a MotoGP bike. It's fair to say I've got some history at Assen. I got a podium in 2005 and 2008, but don't remind me what happened in 2006. I couldn't be more confident going to Assen though than I am now. The Silverstone result was fantastic for the whole Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team. It gave everybody a boost and it was great coming so quickly after my collarbone injury. I've had a lot of time relaxing and resting up with my family at home and the shoulder has onl y got stronger. It was like brand new in Silverstone, so I'm not worried about that at all. My right side is still hurting because I separated the muscles from my ribs, so I'm expecting a bit of discomfort from that. The rib injury has improved but I still don't think I'll have my maximum strength. I'll be looking for another strong result in Assen to build on the momentum gained from Silverstone.”

Seven-time MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi to run a 2012-inspired chassis from the Assen Grand Prix

22 June 2011

758041-rossi-in-qatar.jpg

MotoGP veteran Valentino Rossi has confirmed he will race a version of the 2012 Ducati chassis with a current-spec 800cc engine fitted for the remainder of the MotoGP season after failing to come to grips with the notoriously difficult bike.

After struggling to come to grips with the Ducati in his first season with the marque, Rossi was the first to test the 2012 chassis, albeit with a 1000cc engine in it.

With his 2011 championship tilt all but over, Rossi has apparently switched his focus to the 2012 MotoGP title.

The Italian will run a GP11.1 chassis, believed to be very similar to the 2012-spec bike with an 800cc engine for the remainder of the year.

This will give Rossi a jump on the title-rivals currently focusing on their 2011 800cc machines before the jump to 1000cc engines next year.

The new bike also features a brand new seamless transmission system, the same system credited for Honda's current dominance.

Only Casey Stoner ever really got on top of the Ducati, winning a title in 2007 and winning races between 2008 and 2010 while then teammate Nicky Hayden struggled mid-pack. Rossi has had one podium on the bike in 2011.

Ducati's technical chief Filippo Preziosi said that while the GP11.1 should be a definite step forward, the team would need time to fully get to grips with it.

"We decided to make the GP11.1, which is an 800cc engine in a GP12 chassis, in order to accelerate development on next year's bike, and also to provide our riders with a potentially better base for the current championship," said Preziosi.

"Considering that Valentino still hasn't ever ridden the GP11.1, this decision could require some races for the team to completely take advantage of its potential, but we decided to move forward with it because we believe it's an important step for our development process.

"The next-generation gearbox, on the other hand, is a solution that we think will be an immediate improvement. The Ducati Corse Department will continue studying further innovations, both for this year and for 2012."

Valentino Rossi says the new bike will take some time to get used to.

""It will be hard, and we know it might take some time before we can completely reach the potential of the whole package, but we're happy and motivated by the work we're doing," he said.

Thanks for the info and great photo's.

Assen free practice looked as bad as Silverstone. I,m glad Marco is looking good, wish he can climb on that podium.

Acheivement of the day though, has to go to Cal C. Two weeks since he broke his collar bone and had surgery he is 6th in free practice. He must be in some serious pain.

Go for it Cal !!!!

but will they go any faster?

Yamaha-Anniversary-livery.jpg

Yamaha celebrates their 50 years participating in World Motorcycle Grand Prix racing with a special livery to be used during the Assen and Laguna Seca MotoGP rounds.

not MotoGP - but the right audience on this thread

At Magny-Cours, during a round of the promosport Championship: two riders crash and their bikes lock wheel bars and continue to pirouette on the ground: funny dancing bikes

Just saw it on tv this morning. I was wondering if it could go on for ages, not so nice for the motor to be running on its side for so long.

Quite funny though.

Marco is on pole and I,ll be cheering him and, a brave Cal Crutchlow, on tonight.

Interesting qualifying, with Vale near the back of the grid and seeing Jorge gesture in despair at his pit crew as he came into the pits. Big crash for Loris also.

Should be a good race.

I like the picture of the Yamaha M1 in red colours.....great.

Valentino Rossi's account of his disappointing qualifying time for the Assen MotoGp.

Valentino Rossi:

“We’re disappointed with qualifying because we had started quite well yesterday, so clearly, we expected things to go better today. We had a decent session this morning, but we weren’t able to improve, so we’ll start eleventh. The rear of the GP11.1 is better than the previous version, but we weren’t able to find a setup that allowed us to bring the tyres up to temperature, and at the moment, that’s making it difficult to find the feeling I need to ride hard and be strong on corner entry. I don’t think we’ve yet learned how to properly adjust the bike, and that’s something we knew could happen since we have so little time available. Still, this all helps us to gather experience for the future, and we have some ideas for tomorrow’s warm-up session that we hope will help us go faster in the race.”

Ducati Team press release

Well, Marco on pole again, but only a beespit between him and Mushy Peas or Ben Spies. One of those two has to podium surely. I still think Lorenzo and Stoner will be there, maybe Stoner might throw it away this time. Apparently Stoner and Dovi both crashed heavily yesterday morning, which would account for Stoner's comment that he was not keen on pushing it that final bit in qualifying. I think you are right Soihok, if Marco doesn't bog down at the start he should win. Nice to get the after qualifying interview with Ben, because I haven't seeen that much of him, I didn't have TV coverage when he won the world supers.

If it rains though all bets are off. Loris is a non-starter. Vale praying for rain. Cal praying to finish.

Yes I am doing the indian rain dance, maybe it will help Valentino.

Hope Marco gets his first win.

Quote :- motogp.com starts a new series which explains the basics of motorcycle racing, and throughout this week Christophe Bourguignon, Crew Chief for Toni Elías on the LCR Honda team, will explain the parts of the bike which relate to suspension. unquote.

Maybe he should helping Toni more I think. :D

Edited by Kwasaki

I'll be glued to the TV later tonight with a few beers, much to dismay of my wife and daughter. But hey, lets get our priorities in order.

I,m hoping for a dry race and expect to see Casey trying to clear off, Marco is the man at the moment, just hope he can have a good start and not fall off.

Cheers

MotoGP Rookies Cup Race 2: on now at http://www.redbull.tv/Redbulltv

MotoGP Rookies Cup

25 of the world's best teenage racers representing 14 nations from as far apart as Malaysia, Australia and the USA plus the length and breadth of Europe, from Finland to Italy, from the Czech Republic to Portugal face off in the greatest opportunity in their careers.

have a look at the riders http://www.redbullro...erview_2010.php - some don't even look old enough to be teenaagers

The KTM RC 125 was designed and developed by Harald Bartol to provide a genuine Grand Prix 125 and is a twin brother to the Grand Prix winning KTM 125 raced by Mika Kalio and Marc Marquez.

Edited by Atmos

Oh gawd Marco. Bad start and fell off, Lorenzo was his victim today. It was an innocent accident I thought.

I noticed that the marshalls had given up pushing him to restart the bike and he did we to get it going again.

I used to race a Suzuki GS1000 and I know how it feels to push start a bike after an off. Mind you my old GS probably weighed 1.5 times as much as Marco's RCV, and a club race at Mallory ain't exactly the same.

Well done to Ben Spies......didn't he do well!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Marc ( I was shouting for Bradley ......literally) and Maverick.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Rossi come in fourth. I think he was too.

Shame about Cal's tyre problem as he was right up for it.

Whatever can be said about Marco's incidents, it's true that he is adding a great deal of excitment to the series, don't you agree?

11+ben+spies,+motogp_preview_169.jpg

Points after Assen 1 Casey STONER Honda AUS 136

2 Jorge LORENZO Yamaha SPA 108

3 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Honda ITA 99

4 Valentino ROSSI Ducati ITA 81

5 Nicky HAYDEN Ducati USA 71

6 Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 61

7 Ben SPIES Yamaha USA 61

8 Hiroshi AOYAMA Honda JPN 51

9 Colin EDWARDS Yamaha USA 46

10 Marco SIMONCELLI Honda ITA 39

Edited by Atmos

439x.jpg

In Moto 2, Thailand's 'Feem' Ratthapark Wilairot must be on thin ice with his sponsors after another crash on the weekend; that's five races in a row without scoring a point. He finished fourth at Assen in 2010.

I thought he was lucky to get his sponsorship from Honda renewed at the end of last year, must be about break-point now for them to start looking for another rider.

Great photo's mate. Please keep em coming.

He is having a bit of a non starter this year isn't he?

It's a shame he is not doing too well, I was at Sepang a couple of years ago and the support from Thailand that turned up was quite impressive. There were some huge Thai flags.

Fingers crossed he can do better.

That's a good point mate, it looked as if the seat unit was going to disintergrate.

I,m happy he didn't get blacked flagged but at the same time happy he didn't get injured by it ,or , injure anyone else.

Italy this weekend - here's the next five races

3 July - Italy - Mugello

17 July - Germany - Sachsenring

24 July - USA - Laguna Seca

14 August - Czech - Brno

24 August - USA - Indianapolis

the costs of flying everyone back to Europe for the Brno event from USA, then back to USA must be huge, when they could potentially hold the two USA events on consecutive weekends - be good for people who wanted to travel/holiday and see both races; similarly they could, if economics were taken into account, hold (the cursed) Japan/Motegi and KL/Sepang a week apart , or Aust/Philip Island and KL/Sepang.

But I guess travel budgets are just a small part of their expenses - no thought for the supporter/fan who doesn't have the same budget.

Ducati Team ready for home race

ducati_team_preview_169.jpg

Trivia about Mugello

349 km/h - The highest recorded maximum speed at Mugello is 349 km/h (217 mph) set by Dani Pedrosa in the first free practice session in 2009.

100% - All nine previous four-stroke MotoGP races at Mugello have been won by riders who started the race on the front row of the grid.

49 - Casey Stoner’s second place finish at the Dutch TT was the 49th time he has stood on the podium in the MotoGP class. His next top-three finish will make him just the 12th rider of all-time to reach the milestone of 50 premier-class podium finishes.

34 years - On race day at Mugello it will be exactly 34 years since Barry Sheene, riding a Suzuki, won the 500cc class at the 1977 Belgium Grand Prix and set the fastest GP lap of all-time at an average speed of 137.1 mph (220.7 km/h).

0.1 second - The first time a Grand Prix event was held at Mugello was in 1976 when the 500cc race was won by Barry Sheene, riding a Suzuki, by a margin of just 0.1 sec from Phil Read in one of the closest finishes of all time.

I have seen Barry Sheene in action. Never met him though.

This was the time he was married to Stef and had a chopper.....Donnington Transatlantic Races around Easter.

Regarding the cost of the transport and logistics invloved. I've often thought how much it all costs and the zipping back and forth across the world.

Funny old game.