Windows Media Player

coldcrush

Hiya all

trawled lots of notice boards, played with msconfig the lot, to no avail.

Error: Windows Media Player: An Internal application error has occurred.

Media player will not open or play any tracks etc. Having to use other applications, however would like it to work! Tried full reinstall, any ideas welocmed.

Thanks all

Edited by lopburiguy

Hiya all

Error:  Windows Media Player: An Internal application error has occurred.

Media player will not open or play any tracks etc.  Having to use other applications, however would like it to work!  Tried full reinstall, any ideas welocmed.

Thanks all

Maybe totally uninstall it and get the newest player from Microsoft. Thats about all i can add mate. Sorry! Was it working before? Did you installl some new hardware/software? Are you running XP? If so then go back to a previous restore point and see if it works.

Hiya all

Error:  Windows Media Player: An Internal application error has occurred.

Media player will not open or play any tracks etc.  Having to use other applications, however would like it to work!  Tried full reinstall, any ideas welocmed.

Thanks all

Maybe totally uninstall it and get the newest player from Microsoft. Thats about all i can add mate. Sorry! Was it working before? Did you installl some new hardware/software? Are you running XP? If so then go back to a previous restore point and see if it works.

Hiya Jockstar

Yeah I tried that also to the best restore point still comes up with an error. WMP2 still works in msconfig that the worst thing about it. I dunno maybe time to backup and format. Has not been right since the dreaded day Zonealarm had an update.

Anyways thanks for your reply. :o

Edited by lopburiguy