Motorcycle ( Samlaw ) One Ton Capacity

ThaiLife

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, some time ago I thought about buying a Skylab ( Motor Samlaw ) the same type as the shot below

kohsichang_7.jpg

Just as a bit of fun and a run about :D

Then I found out that they cannot be legally registered in Thailand ( Government road Tax ) and are manufactured in Thailand for Export use only , I know you some times see them about being driven by Thais, but a Farang using one would no doubt be like waving a red flag to the boys in Brown . So I gave up the idea as being just too impractical .

To day I was passing through Korat and saw these '' Skylab '' type vehicles on display , so I asked the sales guy if they could be registered for use on Thai roads , He said yes . So I asked him to show me the Government road tax and registration book , which he did. I asked him why if the skylab cannot be registered for use in Thailand , how come this model can, his answer was its built with Tuck Tuck specifications . The vehicle

is powered by a 200 cc engine with reverse , and can be built to any carrying specification with a One Ton Capacity . The vehicles are built in Korat ,The cost seems to be in the region of 80,000 - 90,000 Baht depending on the build spec , and the annual road Tax is around 300 Baht,Oh and they have a remote electric engine start key fob :D

I have no connections what so ever with this company , but just thought it may be useful to some one with a farming / business use.

DSC08021.jpg

DSC08020.jpg

DSC08010.jpg

DSC08008.jpg

DSC08007.jpg

DSC08006.jpg

DSC07982.jpg

DSC08005.jpg

DSC07998.jpg

DSC08012.jpg

DSC07993.jpg

DSC07992.jpg

DSC07977.jpg

DSC07981.jpg

from the sales mans catalog ...

DSC08019.jpg

DSC08018.jpg

DSC08016.jpg

DSC08013.jpg

DSC08014.jpg

All this info was told to me by the Thai salesman :whistling: so may need checking out if you are interested , the company does have a web site

with some videos ...

Web Link....

TL :jap: