Northern Adventure - Part 1

dunder

Hi Mbox,

There are two suggestions above that leave more questions than they answer.

1. You suggest that driving over the speed limit and driving under the speed limit are dangerous. I think that questions would be which is more dangerous and by how much and how do we know.

There are Latin names for such reasoning, but it is commonly called "sluffing.' To me, it is changing the subject, which relates here to the driving sample shown by Sir Dunder.

2. You also seem, as I read it, to suggest that an accident at 100 kph is the same, somehow, as one at 130. Certainly equipment makes a difference, and so does experience. But neither have to do with the question of speed itself. All drivers are going to have less time to react to a sudden change at 130 than if they were driving at 100. Injuries with the best armored gear we can buy will be worse at 130 than one hundred. Not to mention 160 and so forth.

3. None of which means I'm innocent. Took me years to accept seat belts. Had to see the results of not wearing one - friend in hospital - to even think.

No matter. Nobody's going to change until events catch up with them.

cmx,

to answer the points

1 ) i think both fast and slow riding is dangerous that part is true...but i have seen bad slow reacting and really out of control riders on slow speed and i have seen faster riders that were in great control of the bike and reacted fast to the situation too. So who lives more dangerous? I can't tell you, but to my view they both.

2) i mentioned if i hit a dog and as result fall off the bike into some oncoming traffic( such as Car or truck) with 100 or 130 kph it will be the same result...thats what i said , not suggesting that any other situation in different speeds are the same...because every accident is a unique situation i can not generalise that an accident is just reasoned for the speed alone - i find a lot of other variables are to be added. Fast speeds don't just causes accidents - it is got to be a few variables that makes that all an accident .

But without doubt if i could choose from being the rider slow reaction . poor control and pay lack of attention doing a 100kph with crap gear

or doing 130kph on outstanding controls, fast reaction and being focused on the riding in good protective gear than let me be the one who does the 130kph.

3) seatbelts i used since they were installed in cars ( and since i was at age to drive cars)...and no ride without helmets for me...even if i go to the markets or 7/11 with my Retro i wear it...ok it is open face but it is my compromise and still a lot better than riding without a helmet.

happy trails,

mbox

Driving like that in Thailand ? mad !

There are other ways to get a great thrill .

Anyone try skydiving? I tried it a couple of times when I had the BMW K 100 RS which I actually took up to 131 miles per hour on a bumpy country two lane road until the overpass loomed ahead of me. Driving the BMW seemed pretty tame compared to the skydiving which scared me shitless and as for acceleration, there was no comparison.

>>Why would you be concerned about another fellows cock?

Unless off course...........oh never mind!

I wondered that too...<<

You miss my point .Guy with small personal equipment cant get enjoyment through sex so becomes obsessed with big Motors and speed .Its well documentated . B)

I wondered that too...<<

You miss my point .Guy with small personal equipment cant get enjoyment through sex so becomes obsessed with big Motors and speed .Its well documentated . B)

You speaking out of own experience :whistling: ?

I wondered that too...<<

You speaking out of own experience :whistling: ?

No ,mine is too big if anything :D

Also somebody previous said i made comments before against bikers .On the contary i would not do that as i have been a biker all my life ,but on touring bikes ( BMWs) not sports bikes .

People who want to drive at excessive speed can kill themselves ( they deserve it ) but to put others lives in danger is unforgivable IMO ! B)

Edited by Thaifan2

People who want to drive at excessive speed can kill themselves ( they deserve it ) but to put others lives in danger is unforgivable IMO ! B)

Wow! That's some really harsh judgement!

I wonder if that's a result of.... oh well never mind, we all know the answer.whistling.gif

rolleyes.gif

>>I wonder if that's a result of.... oh well never mind, we all know the answer.<<

Nobody will know what you are on about ! ( i certainly dont ) ,spill it out like a man !

ain't nothing shakin' but da bacon. :)

Back to top ^

MultiQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<