Honda Cbr150 2010

rizla

Following on from the chain thread...

thankyou to members who replied...the dealer wont give my mate a new chain (4000kms, and 3 month old bike at that)...we`ve decided to get a CYC "o" ring chain in the new year from 168interautopart.com @ 1,350 baht including ems...does that price sound right for a 428 o`ring cyc?

The next issue is he wants a bit more grunt from his bike (i understand it is a 150 after all)......what we would like is advice on this.

1. thinking on getting a 41 tooth rear sprocket, he wants more top speed...any ideas on suppliers for this, good brand..

2. new exhuast, dbs ? whats the best bang for the bucks (baht) and suppliers..hp gains ?

3. oh, and are the cbr150`s restricted here, it wont redline in 6th gear, and if so what needs to be done to de-restrict it...thanks

And any other mods that would improve performance, within reason........thankyou and a happy new year to all bikers and members alike...be safe out there and have fun....sawadee pi mi krub...

1,350 baht including ems...does that price sound right for a 428 o`ring cyc?

I paid 1,900 for a DID chain and sprokets for the old model at a dealer.

The next issue is he wants a bit more grunt from his bike (i understand it is a 150 after all)......what we would like is advice on this.

Sell it and buy the new 250.

The mods you listed will improve performance some what.

As with the old CBR - airfilter and pipe will likely to improve performance. But don't know about changing the breathing system on a fuel injected bike and how much extra you get. I got about 10% improvement on the old carb'd 150 doing this.

The new pipe is heavy, expecially with the catalythic converter.

A racing CDI will also help the redline issue.

Doesn't sound like fun doing all that to a new bike. Unchartered territory and all that.

Sell it and for 30k or so get the 250.

sawadee pi mi krub

Pi mai, khrap.

Edited by appropriate

if the chain is knackered on a 3 month old bike.. then the sprockets surely are.. what was wrong with the chain... stretch?.. i would tell the dealer that you are contacting APe Honda.if they do not sort it out. cos thats really bad. :D

i presume its the new fuel injection bike?