Nero V.5

bonsaimax

I have the old Nero v.5 installed on my win xp sp2 pc. This demo version hs expired since and has been popping up to remind me. Very annoying. I just realized that it did not come with an uninstaller. I tried installing the latest version of Nero, but it comes up with an error saying some files of the old version are missing.

I have also noticed (coincidence maybe) that the active windows minimise by themselves at their own free will. Could this be because of the expired Nero???

Any ideas???

Cheers!!!

I doubt it's Nero causing the windows to minimise. May be something you have installed in the past (util or something) or maybe a virus/Torjan or a corrupt DLL etc.

If you can't uninstall from Add/Remove Progs (did you try to manually remove it?). You have two choices (3 if you include rebuilding your PC - make that 4, if you include chucking it out the window and claiming on the insurance :o ). However, the two choices are: try reinstalling Nero 5 (even if its still expired) and them uninstalling it with Add/Remove; the other is to manually remove the files and folders and sift through the (backed up!!!) registry to remove instances of NERO - not recommended and will likely still leave DLLs etc scattered through the Windows directory. Take a restore point first for safety and always back up the registry before hacking into it!

I have the old Nero v.5 installed on my win xp sp2 pc. This demo version hs expired since and has been popping up to remind me. Very annoying. I just realized that it did not come with an uninstaller. I tried installing the latest version of Nero, but it comes up with an error saying some files of the old version are missing.

I have also noticed (coincidence maybe) that the active windows minimise by themselves at their own free will. Could this be because of the expired Nero???

Any ideas???

Cheers!!!

i had that version a while back. memory is a little rusty. i believe "smart start" is

in the startup folder. i removed it from the startup folder and it didn't go to the

status bar every time i turned it on. i think thats what you mean by minimized.

thats the way the program is designed to run. i like nero, its a well written program

but loading it every time you boot is a real resource hog that slows booting.

hi'

for nero 5 users, go to nero site and download the serial checker for version 5.

then once found, write it down and go back to nero and get a licensed nero, the latest one with a discount of around 30%.

get a tool from nero to clean the system after uninstall the old version, that you'll have to uninstall before to install the brand new one.

there you are;)

you said you like it, buy it :D

or find a cracked version and replace your old true one .. up to you :o

francois

Edited by francois