Is Million Baht Large Sum?

gravion

How big a container would you need to contain one million baht in one baht coins?

about 400 M3 - including the air space between them (although they are round, stacks would take up a square base of 20mmX20mm)

400 litre, get your math straight!!

My math is bad too. I thought it would be in meter also . Help me with this so my confused mind undestands it please. I am honestly confused why it is litre.. I alway relate litre to fluids. But like I said I am interested to learn.

Litre is the measurement for liquids.

The volume occupied by 1 Litre is 1 cubic Metre

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the coins would fit in a large sized trashcan (rubbish bin if you please Gov'ner), or not?

It would have to be a pretty big rubbish bin, something like 65 cm x 65 cm x 125 cm, maybe one of the big green outdoor ones would fit the bill. It would be pretty heavy when filled though, a single 1 baht coin weighs 3 grams so 1 mio coins would weigh 3 metric tonnes.

Sophon

Litre is the measurement for liquids. The volume occupied by 1 Litre is 1 cubic Metre

:o :o :o

if Mrs Naam finds out that on a weekend i drink 1 cubic metre of Port Wine (cost in Thailand approximately 1.2 million Baht) she will cut my allowance.

:unsure:

Edited by Naam

Your right of course

Just checking to see who would notice!!

A litre is 1000 cubic centimetres (1000CC) which is not 1 cubic metre

Here it is

A litre is defined as a special name for a cubic decimetre (1 L ≡ 1 dm3). Hence 1 L ≡ 0.001 m3 ≡ 1000 cm3, and 1000 L ≡ 1 m3 (exactly).

From 1901 to 1964, the litre was defined as the volume of one kilogram of pure water at 4 °C and 760 millimetres of mercury pressure. During this time, a litre was about 1.000028 dm3. In 1964 this definition was abandoned in favour of the current one.

How big a container would you need to contain one million baht in one baht coins?

0.314 m3provided the container is is optimally shaped. Such a container would be a cylinder with a radius of 0.01 m and a height of 1,000 m. The volume of a cylinder is calculated as (approximately) height*radius2*3.14 which makes 0.314 m3 for the goods in question. Quite a lot space wasted by stacking them in that straight grid promoted by other posters.

0.314 m3provided the container is is optimally shaped. Such a container would be a cylinder with a radius of 0.01 m and a height of 1,000 m. The volume of a cylinder is calculated as (approximately) height*radius2*3.14 which makes 0.314 m3 for the goods in question. Quite a lot space wasted by stacking them in that straight grid promoted by other posters.

I'm sure there's easier ways of getting money out of Thailand.

Bunch of bloody scientists here. I can't picture it.

How about 1 million 1 Baht coins placed edge to edge along the road it wouldmake a line extending about 20KM given an earlier posters assumption of 20mm Diameter

More practically would somebody like to say how much they would they weaigh, and would they fit in the back of a standard pickup?

Your right of course

Just checking to see who would notice!!

A litre is 1000 cubic centimetres (1000CC) which is not 1 cubic metre

Here it is

A litre is defined as a special name for a cubic decimetre (1 L ≡ 1 dm3). Hence 1 L ≡ 0.001 m3 ≡ 1000 cm3, and 1000 L ≡ 1 m3 (exactly).

From 1901 to 1964, the litre was defined as the volume of one kilogram of pure water at 4 °C and 760 millimetres of mercury pressure. During this time, a litre was about 1.000028 dm3. In 1964 this definition was abandoned in favour of the current one.

A cubic meter is a cube 1m x 1m x 1m

Now picture a bottle of 1 litre next to a box 1 m high x 1m wide x 1m depth

That's the problem with this forum, people have absolutely no common sense

It's all relative. For my wife's relatives, 1MM Baht is big, big, big money. For Bill Gates, it's a rounding error by his accountant. Interesting article from several years ago:

(Note: This article was written in 1998, Bill's Fortunes have dropped a touch since then.)

Consider that he made this money in the 25 years or so since Microsoft was founded in 1975. If you presume that he has worked 14 hours a day on every business day of the year since then, that means he's been making money at a staggering million dollars per hour, around $300 per second.

Which means that if, on his way into the office, should he see or drop a $1000 bill on the ground, it's just not worth his time to bend over and pick it up. He would make more just heading off to work.

Another way to examine this sort of wealth is to compare it to yours. Consider an average American of modest wealth. Perhaps she has a net worth of $70,000. Mr. Gates' worth is 800,000 times larger. Which means that if something costs $100,000 to her, to Bill it's as though it costs 12 cents.

So for example, you might think a new Lambourghini Diablo would cost $250,000, but in Bill Gates dollars that's 31 cents.

That fully loaded, multimedia active matrix 233 MHZ laptop with the 1024x768 screen you've been drooling after? Half a penny.

A nice home in a rich town like Palo Alto, California? Two dollars. That nice mansion he's building? A more reasonable $63 to him.

You might spend $50 on tickets, food and parking to take your date to see an NHL hockey game. Bill, on the other hand could buy the team for 50 Bill-bills.

You might buy a plane ticket on a Boeing 747 for $1200 at full-fare coach. In Bill-bills, Mr. Gates could buy six 747s (Not tickets, the planes themselves). Two for him, two for Melinda and two for young Jennifer Katherine.

An other thing is rich people are usually much better at getting good bargain than poor people.

A rich guy will probably fly business class for the same price a poor guy will fly economy in the same flight.

Same when you need a loan from the bank, rich guys usually negotiate much better rate than poor guys.

The question is, do they get better treatment because they are rich ? Or are they rich because they know how to to negotiate better terms ?

IMO, a bit of both.

Edited by JurgenG

And your point is????:unsure:

perhaps JingT is looking for a place to store one million Baht in coins because he doesn't trust banks? :rolleyes: