Viangbua

LemanRus

I was in the area a month ago and I'm pretty sure it was all finished.

It's finished but many of the rooms on the left hand side of the building (as you enter from the street) are now about 10 feet from the side of a shophouse.

Bet the owners are mad :realangry:

We lived there for a while when we first moved to Thailand. We get back to that neighborhood from time-to-time to visit the excellent, nearby Spirit House restaurant and shop at Tanin, the best Thai-style food market in Chiang Mai. The construction around Viang Bua is definitely done. The rooms on the east side are close to the shop houses, but this shouldn't be a problem on the higher floors and I doubt it's much of a problem on the lower ones -- the shop houses aren't fully occupied.

As much as we loved Viang Bua, I suggest that people also look at newer serviced apartments. ViangBua's rates are much higher than other serviced apartments and there are newer alternatives that are as nice and have good staff, such as The Dome Residence on Huey Kaew near Kad Suan Kaew.

It's finished but many of the rooms on the left hand side of the building (as you enter from the street) are now about 10 feet from the side of a shophouse.

Why? This is Thailand; if you want a view you gotta buy the view.

Why? This is Thailand; if you want a view you gotta buy the view.

The Viangbua is a serviced apartment building, not a condo. You can't buy an apartment there.

I agree with nancyL on everything else.

Especially given that shop house development was built by the family of the mayor........ :rolleyes:

At the moment seems all quiet on the construction front, but the whole Thanin/Sanitham area is a hot bed of new starts. It seems hardly a week goes by without another old Thai house being demolished for the next shop house/dormitory project. Last week they were demolishing an old boarding house behind K entertain plaza, that might be close enough to annoy Viangbua residents on the west side.

Just because it's all quiet now doesn't mean it will be in May! Though that goes for other places too.

Apart from construction the other big complaint is traffic, which now well exceeds the capacity of the small Sois in that area. :angry: