Setting Up A Language Consultancy Company

Firfox

Hi all

Hope you are well.

I am married to a Thai National and we are considering setting up an English Language Consultancy Company in Thailand and would like some advice on the following matters.

Would we be able to set the company just with my wife and myself or would it be possible for me to set up as a sole proprieter. If I was to set up on my own would I be able to apply for a work permit or would we need another three thais in order for me to apply for a Work Permit.. I have a Masters Degree and a Internationally recognised English teaching rriage to a thai national.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you

Regards

Andy

An English language school requires certification from the Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Education also requires Thai majority ownership and a Thai director.

It is not possible to set up a sole proprietorship and also obtain a work permit. In order to obtain a work permit you need to form a limited company with a capitalization of 2 million Baht and 4 Thai employees. The Labor Department usually allows 2 Thai employees the first year.

Sunbelt Asia has extensive experience in forming limited companies and can guide you through this process if needed.

http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com