Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Some more info here, but in Thai. Interest is quoted as over 3%.

http://www.techaumpo...9412942&Ntype=1

yep, as previously posted, despite having "Insurance free" in emails from Ford Phuket, which again was info from Ford TH, they have said now its invalid if I use my Tanachart 10% down and 2,9% interest. Only valid if using Ford lease (not in Phuket) or TISCO at higher interest. Which leads me to believe Ford TH has pulled the free Insurance, now to be paid by dealer.

Wont take the disussion before there is a car with my name on it here. and if it isnt here soon, I drop the whole 2,2 thing, and wait for 3,2 WT 4x4 as originally planned

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, as previously posted, despite having "Insurance free" in emails from Ford Phuket, which again was info from Ford TH, they have said now its invalid if I use my Tanachart 10% down and 2,9% interest. Only valid if using Ford lease (not in Phuket) or TISCO at higher interest. Which leads me to believe Ford TH has pulled the free Insurance, now to be paid by dealer.

Wont take the disussion before there is a car with my name on it here. and if it isnt here soon, I drop the whole 2,2 thing, and wait for 3,2 WT 4x4 as originally planned

I'd wait too, I wasn't really even considering the 2.2. The 3.2 is a major step up in accessories and add-ons, but I reckon it will to 100K more than the top 2.2 wildtrak. I'm keen to check it out at the show over the next few days. My main concern for the interior is rear leg room and the angle of the back seat - not that I'd sit there anyway, but more for passengers.

I don't think they've pulled the insurance as the pre-release brochure is still up on the Ford site. Then again they never did state the interest rates of the finance. I've seen other ford dealers on the New Ranger forum posting expected figures and they're way out from those, I would expect you'll find those aren't from Ford directly more like a trader offering guaranteed finance at a cost.

The actual Ford statement on models released at the show;

Ford Launches All-New Ford Ranger at International Motor Expo 2011 and Announces Pricing for Additional Models

I'd wait too, I wasn't really even considering the 2.2. The 3.2 is a major step up in accessories and add-ons, but I reckon it will to 100K more than the top 2.2 wildtrak. I'm keen to check it out at the show over the next few days. My main concern for the interior is rear leg room and the angle of the back seat - not that I'd sit there anyway, but more for passengers.

I've sat in the back of the 4dr Ranger, very roomy!

Thanks, how about with a 6 footer driving? (I'm 6'3") Is there enough space for the average passenger in the back? Would the rear seat be OK for long drives? I sat in an isuzu double cab last week , not much space in the back of that!

Thanks, how about with a 6 footer driving? (I'm 6'3") Is there enough space for the average passenger in the back? Would the rear seat be OK for long drives? I sat in an isuzu double cab last week , not much space in the back of that!

vigo 4 door is fine for 6 footers in the back seat bkk-phuket, sitting behind a 6 footer driver in rearmost position

so Ranger should be better :)

izu is (sorry was) cramped

we need a car now, and 2,2 auto 4 door is great value for money in addition to 3,2 WT 4x4 when it finally arrives

vigo 4 door is fine for 6 footers in the back seat bkk-phuket, sitting behind a 6 footer driver in rearmost position

OK thanks I'll be checking it out at the show soon:) I've heard about the ride quality being 'car-like' but I wonder what they are comparing it to?

OK thanks I'll be checking it out at the show soon:) I've heard about the ride quality being 'car-like' but I wonder what they are comparing it to?

well a lot of unsprung mass like huge brakes, solid rear axle and a driving front axle and 17 or 18 inch high load index wheels will never be like a benz e, but more like a stiff

lincoln continental

I'm also 6'3 and with the driver's seat in the furthest position there was still plenty of legroom in the back. But the furthest position was actually too far back, I needed to move it forward one notch for a comfortable driving position.

I don't think they've pulled the insurance as the pre-release brochure is still up on the Ford site. Then again they never did state the interest rates of the finance. I've seen other ford dealers on the New Ranger forum posting expected figures and they're way out from those, I would expect you'll find those aren't from Ford directly more like a trader offering guaranteed finance at a cost.

The actual Ford statement on models released at the show;

Ford Launches All-New Ford Ranger at International Motor Expo 2011 and Announces Pricing for Additional Models

Similar to what I was told by the manager at my local Ford dealer, he said there would probably be some promotional rates from Ford leasing/Tisco that were subsidised by Ford. Is there no info at the Motor Expo?

Looking at the pics in the link I provided above, it's obvious that the 3.2 wildtrak is on display at the show. So do you think that no pricing will be available for the 3.2 at the show, even though it's being displayed?https://picasaweb.go...684852382954386

and using google translate, am I right in thinking the 3.2 won't be available until June? :( thats from headlightmag.com)

I'd say the first chance of us seeing 3.2L pricing will be in the New Year. June sounds a little late for first deliveries, but it all depends on Australian sales volumes - they get first dibs.

im hoping i can remove the rear seats easily like in the fortuner so i can put audio in the rear where noone would be sitting.

That's why they make slim subs like the Stereo Integrity BM's, JL TW5 and the Alpine Type-R thins ;) When you have 3rd row seats that fold forward, there's a usually a false floor behind the 3rd row - a little MDF and fiberglass, and 2 or 3 12" can squeeze in at floor level, losing no cargo space and keeping the 3rd row :)

Same goes for amps - D-class can be slipped into the rear guards, under chairs and in false floors too easily given their small footprint and low heat.. With the JL and Alpine class D's you can bury 3000+ RMS just under the passenger's chair alone, hehe ;)

MRO, should we expect to get better deals than what they're offering then?

I'm planning on getting the 2.2 auto Wildtrak as soon as available. What should I push for IYO?

It's pretty difficult to negotiate a fantastic deal when a new model is in it's sunrise period..

I'd say the the standard feebies should still apply though, i.e. insurance, road tax, weathershields, floormats etc. As the tray liner, side steps and rear bumper are all standard on the Wildtrak, the only other real thing to push for is a lower interest rate ;)

I'd wait too, I wasn't really even considering the 2.2. The 3.2 is a major step up in accessories and add-ons, but I reckon it will to 100K more than the top 2.2 wildtrak.

I'd say you're spot-on there Culcine. The 3.2L engine alone is probably 'worth' somewhere between 30-45K over the 2.2L, and then there's all the extra goodies in the 3.2L Wildtrak to factor in, plus the fact that the top-spec always has more dealer margin.

I'd expect +30 to +45K for 3.2L in XL/XLT, and +80K to +100K for 3.2L in the Wildtrak.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Anyone know what the 18" wheels/tires are worth, if trading up to 20" with good quality tires? From what I can gather, 20" wheels are around 10K a piece.

If traded before they hit 500KM's you should be able to get 30-35K for the OEM wheels + tires.

A full set of 20's with tires will cost 40K to 75K, depending on rims chosen, and tire quality.

So anywhere from 5K - 45K changeover.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Anyone know what the 18" wheels/tires are worth, if trading up to 20" with good quality tires? From what I can gather, 20" wheels are around 10K a piece.

If traded before they hit 500KM's you should be able to get 30-35K for the set of wheels + tires.

A full set of 20's with tires will cost 40K to 75K, depending on rims chosen, and tire quality.

Thanks, how much would the 20"+ tires run? Close to 80K? So that would leave about 40-50K extra to pay. It's a lot to pay for a harder ride.

If traded before they hit 500KM's you should be able to get 30-35K for the set of wheels + tires.

Thanks, how much would the 20"+ tires run? Close to 80K? So that would leave about 40-50K extra to pay. It's a lot to pay for a harder ride.

I edited my post just as you were replying ;) After re-reading it, I could see you've have to be in my head to understand what I was saying ;)

I edited my post just as you were replying ;) After re-reading it, I could see you've have to be in my head to understand what I was saying ;)

Oh haha I got it now:) The wheels are expensive....wonder if I can hit them up for the factory snorkel as an accessory? Makes me wonder who is going to buy a pickup at 1.1 million. I doubt it would be tradies - probably engineers and the like who have a bit of cash and need to work off road sometimes; or others who recognise a well valued vehicle; or those who wanna intimidate other vehicles on the road:)

Oh haha I got it now:) The wheels are expensive....wonder if I can hit them up for the factory snorkel as an accessory? Makes me wonder who is going to buy a pickup at 1.1 million. I doubt it would be tradies - probably engineers and the like who have a bit of cash and need to work off road sometimes; or others who recognise a well valued vehicle; or those who wanna intimidate other vehicles on the road:)

I'm not even sure if the snorkel is going to be a dealer accessory in TH.. Time will tell.

My justification for buying a 1.1M Baht pickup is that if I'm going to spend 200K fitting 35x12.5" MT's, a lift kit, custom flares, and OME suspension and bushings, why would I spend that much on a lower model? :D

My last 'toy' pickup had all of 6,000KM's on it after 3 years of ownership, so for me they're just things for me to customize and look at, LOL ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I'm not even sure if the snorkel is going to be a dealer accessory in TH.. Time will tell.

My justification for buying a 1.1M Baht pickup is that if I'm going to spend 200K fitting 35x12.5" MT's, a lift kit, custom flares, and OME suspension and bushings, why would I spend that much on a lower model? :D

My last 'toy' pickup had all of 6,000KM's on it after 3 years of ownership, so for me they're just things for me to customize and look at, LOL ;)

I see your point:) Just will have to ask the wife to forgo refitting the kitchen after the floods so i can get the lift kit:) Actually, from pics from the motor expo, one of the rangers has a snorkel on it, so might be in luck there:)

It's more like a Fortuner or MU-7 for ride quality... Big step up from the regular pickup, but as usual with motoring journo's, a little embellished in the excitement of it all ;)

I have picked up the current pricelist from 2 Ford dealers which arrived today and it states: 4x4 3.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T 969000 Baht

Im assuming W/T = Wildtrak?

Scroll back and look at MRO's posts. We are thinking this is the wildtrak 2.2 - the 3.2 could be 100K more.

It's more like a Fortuner or MU-7 for ride quality... Big step up from the regular pickup, but as usual with motoring journo's, a little embellished in the excitement of it all ;)

Sounds like it won't be any worse than my lowered civic - that rides slightly worse (feel the bumps more), than my BIL's PJS.

That's why they make slim subs like the Stereo Integrity BM's, JL TW5 and the Alpine Type-R thins ;) When you have 3rd row seats that fold forward, there's a usually a false floor behind the 3rd row - a little MDF and fiberglass, and 2 or 3 12" can squeeze in at floor level, losing no cargo space and keeping the 3rd row :)

Same goes for amps - D-class can be slipped into the rear guards, under chairs and in false floors too easily given their small footprint and low heat.. With the JL and Alpine class D's you can bury 3000+ RMS just under the passenger's chair alone, hehe ;)

Yeah i agree those alpine type rs are good sound and much better value than the type x's, definately dont need to remove the back seat to enjoy some bottom end, i used those JL slims when building a box for a mates mr2 to the rear, and another i made for the front under dash of passenger side of miata, they definately do a good job for such a small footprint. agreed d class amps best for thailand, In one of my cars i use the alpine pdx to power my components, small but powerful amp i have stacked with no problems. My escape has 3 RE audio subs each doing about 1200rms at 2 ohms...definately more into spl than sql, though i dont compete here in thailand because for spl the trucks with 5 batteries in the rear powering many 15" zulex or formula x cheapie subs will drown out even my pair kicker solo x subs on 3000rms. Either way its definately overkill for normal music, and i dont bump music because its a good way to get your car singled out in a place id rather just blend in to be honest. but since i have still have amps and subs kicking around the home id rather use them than buy some more appropriate speakers getting a fraction of what they could. Djing and car audio has definately had an adverse impact on my hearing :ermm:

While for practicality the fortuner rear seats are poor design which impair visibility, but id much rather this solution than the sensible trailblazer which has the rear seats which fold into that raised floor.

Back to the everest...i hope the T6 everest will not be too much shorter as I think Mu7 (whilst less confortable on account of rear suspension) has enough space in back and still a useful boot for the groceries or a small sealed sub enclosure. I know im super tall but when i rented the fortuner, even my shorter friends werent too thrilled being in the very back. id rather have no rear seats and larger boot or a more generous rear seat for real 7 person seating B)

I have picked up the current pricelist from 2 Ford dealers which arrived today and it states: 4x4 3.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T 969000 Baht

Scroll back and look at MRO's posts. We are thinking this is the wildtrak 2.2 - the 3.2 could be 100K more.

The pricelist in front of me has the 2.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T at 869000 Baht which is 100k less than the 3.2L Wildtrak price i quoted before.

Below is a copy of the pricelist i was given today: by two different dealerships

Style Open Cab

2.2 XLT, 6M/T 659,000

2.2 High rider XLT, 6 M/T 699,000

2.2 High rider XLT, W/T 6 A/T 759,000

Style 4 door

2.2 XLT, 6 M/T 739,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 M/T 779,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 A/T 799,000

2.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 869,000

4x4 3.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 M/T 879,000

4x4 3.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 969,000

Are you sure that it is a 3.2 under 1mb, I understand it is the 2.2 range ONLY released so far...and no pricing exists for the 3.2????

So IMHO it is 2WD wildtrak 6 A/T 2.2 869,000 delivery Feb 2012 supposedly I have been offered 2.75% on 20% deposit BTW and slightly better price than this however i doubt other people would be eligible on the price thing, plus it's chump change in difference

4WD wildtrack 6 A/T 2.2 969,000 delivery Feb 2012 supposedly int rate ditto

The 3.2 price isn't released yet, but all signs point to being at least 100k more than the 4WD 2.2, and my guess is more like 150k more. Delivery the guy I talk to is saying April 2012; I would believe that's about right; will be putting my deposit down tomoro at the motorshow anyhow, as why not join the queue at least.

For me, I am not eligible for some dips&*t 1st car buyer scheme and I won't park it in my GF's name since she also wants to buy a car.....so I question paying 969k for a car that is worth 900k off the lot since that's what some other people are paying. This first car scheme is the biggest scheme of idiocy I've seen in a long while. Mostly because I cannot benefit ;-)

For 150k, I think that's worth it for

- privacy glass (I don't know what that is)

- chiller in the dashboard

- bluetooth (maybe other WT models have this)

- big engine that i don't really need, but is cool

- 18" rims (probably won't change them out)

- some safety malarky I don't need probably, but who knows until I start towing 3 tonne trailers up to Wat Doi Suthep or similar

However I most want heated seats to screw with my passengers ;-)

If they didn't have this 1st car scheme I'd be all over the 4WD 2.2....as is the best decision will be waiting for the 3.2 instead I think.

If the 3.2 wildtrack is under 1mb that is the BIGGEST BARGAIN EVER and you have just made me cream in my pants (I am mixing a coffee with creamer()

Edited by steveromagnino

I don't suppose you could take a photo of this pricelist with your cell phone and upload it here? I'd love to hold the dealer that's advertising this to those prices - it'd be totally worth the 50K odd Baht in legal fees :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The pricelist in front of me has the 2.2 High Rider XLT W/T 6 A/T at 869000 Baht which is 100k less than the 3.2L Wildtrak price i quoted before.

Below is a copy of the pricelist i was given today: by two different dealerships

Style Open Cab

2.2 XLT, 6M/T 659,000

2.2 High rider XLT, 6 M/T 699,000

2.2 High rider XLT, W/T 6 A/T 759,000

Style 4 door

2.2 XLT, 6 M/T 739,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 M/T 779,000

2.2 High rider XLT 6 A/T 799,000

2.2 High rider XLT W/T, 6 A/T 869,000

This is the actual price list, note the 2.2 before the run-down;

The nine All New Ranger models now available all feature a Duratorq TDCi 2.2L VG Turbo engine with six-speed automatic transmission (6-AT) or manual transmission (6-MT).

• Open Cab 4x2 XLT 6-MT: Bt.659,000
  • Open Cab 4x2 XLT Hi-Rider 6-MT: Bt.699,000
  • Double Cab 4x2 XLT 6-MT: Bt.739,000
  • Open Cab 4x2 XLT Hi-Rider WildTrak 6-AT: Bt.759,000
  • Double Cab 4x2 XLT Hi-Rider 6-MT: Bt.779,000
  • Double Cab 4x2 XLT Hi-Rider 6-AT: Bt.799,000
  • Double Cab 4x2 XLT Hi-Rider WildTrak 6-AT: Bt.869,000
  • Double Cab 4x4 XLT 6-MT: Bt.879,000
  • Double Cab 4x4 XLT WildTrak 6-AT: Bt.969,000

Edited by stefan2519

Yeah i agree those alpine type rs are good sound and much better value than the type x's, definately dont need to remove the back seat to enjoy some bottom end, i used those JL slims when building a box for a mates mr2 to the rear, and another i made for the front under dash of passenger side of miata, they definately do a good job for such a small footprint. agreed d class amps best for thailand, In one of my cars i use the alpine pdx to power my components, small but powerful amp i have stacked with no problems. My escape has 3 RE audio subs each doing about 1200rms at 2 ohms...definately more into spl than sql, though i dont compete here in thailand because for spl the trucks with 5 batteries in the rear powering many 15" zulex or formula x cheapie subs will drown out even my pair kicker solo x subs on 3000rms. Either way its definately overkill for normal music, and i dont bump music because its a good way to get your car singled out in a place id rather just blend in to be honest. but since i have still have amps and subs kicking around the home id rather use them than buy some more appropriate speakers getting a fraction of what they could. Djing and car audio has definately had an adverse impact on my hearing :ermm:

I hear ya (in a muffled way, LOL) :ph34r:

In my late teens I was a competitor in USAC and IASCA for 3 years, then lead the build of a few show cars (for Pioneer [yeah, yeah, I know], JBL [GTi/Crown], Alpine, Boston, Orion, and McIntosh) , then went on to be an IASCA SQ judge for 2 seasons - that's all probably fodder for a different thread though..

There was one thread on car audio here once, but it became one of the biggest targets of "old fuddyism" ever (no kidding, I think about 20 lurkers registered just to take a pot-shot and/or argue that the OEM stereo in their Lada is completely sufficient), so it's not something I discuss here very often, heh ;)