Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Just read an article (today) in a Thai English language newspaper that Ford Thailand will plan to open 30 new showroom and service centres nationwide by 2012.

Yesterday they opened a newly renovated (8 million Baht) showroom in Bangkok,. - Ford Ek Silom.

Some 23 of the new showrooms will be province wide and seven more in Bangkok.

I hope they reopen the Phetchabun one, it closed some 5 years back now due to lack of sales., with the new Fiesta, Focus and Ranger perhaps that may improve, however it will take some marketing programme to shift the locals out of their beloved Isuzu trucks!.

:ph34r:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read an article (today) in a Thai English language newspaper that Ford Thailand will plan to open 30 new showroom and service centres nationwide by 2012.

Yesterday they opened a newly renovated (8 million Baht) showroom in Bangkok,. - Ford Ek Silom.

Some 23 of the new showrooms will be province wide and seven more in Bangkok.

I hope they reopen the Phetchabun one, it closed some 5 years back now due to lack of sales., with the new Fiesta, Focus and Ranger perhaps that may improve, however it will take some marketing programme to shift the locals out of their beloved Isuzu trucks!.

:ph34r:

Ford dealers in Thailand have had some tough years with dated Ranger/Everest and slow (or no) selling Focus. Not much to make a living from. New Fiesta, new Focus, possibly Mondeo, six speed autos and high tech car diesels, Hot Ranger/Everest, they should be able to make money

Update from Australia.

On-line quote

A fumble with the fine print has seen Ford Australia unwittingly release the first pricing details of the all-new 2011 Ford Ranger – exactly the kind of information car companies like to play close to their chests until the vehicle goes on sale.

We can reveal Ford's proposed price of the Ford Ranger XLT Double Cab Pick-Up six-speed automatic as $58,500 drive away. It's currently hidden deep in the terms and conditions section of Ford's latest promotional campaign for the Ranger. The terms and conditions also reveal for the first time the new Ranger's 'PX' model designation. The current Ford Ranger has the model code 'PK'.

"The Grand Prize Winner will receive a PX Ford Ranger Double Cab XLT (actual colour to be determined by Ford) with an approximate drive away value of up to $58,500 (the "Grand Prize"). The Grand Prize value is based upon the recommended manufacturer's list price at the time of printing (inclusive of GST), 12 months registration in the Grand Prize Winner's State or Territory of residence, 12 months compulsory third party insurance, dealer delivery charges, stamp duty and where applicable, luxury vehicle tax."

The terms and conditions specify that the Ranger must be collected from an authorised Ford dealer between October 15 and November 15

The drive away price of the XLT Double Cab automatic is around $10,000 higher than the outgoing PK Ranger XLT Crew Cab five-speed auto. One NSW Ford dealer confirmed the PK XLT Crew Cab auto normally cost around $48,990 drive away, but said that specific model was currently on sale for $40,990 until the end of June.

It seems we may have to wait a little longer till it's released here.sad.gif

Edited by stefan2519

^ Thailand and South Africa (as the primary production centers for the T6) get the new model before Australia (who only imports it) does...

Here's a snap of a totally undisguised tester in TH - you have to be pretty close to release before you start driving these around ;)

v101473505.jpg

Cool, even the Ford badges are there on some of them

from a strategic point of wiev, I would certanly release in these two markets first, as consumerprotection is non existing and labour is cheap to correct manufactoring errors on initial runs

wow that last front shot, would make a lovely crossover.

Agreed :)

Photoshop by Tsingtho:

19587316031561068981610.jpg

The SUV variant (T6 Everest) design is being lead by Todd Hoevener, the man responsible for the new Ford Explorer (USA Market). It's pretty clear that some of the Explorer's design language has already been used in the Ranger, so fair to say that the new Everest is going to keep the trend going..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Photoshop by Tsingtho:

The SUV variant (T6 Everest) design is being lead by Todd Hoevener, the man responsible for the new Ford Explorer (USA Market). It's pretty clear that some of the Explorer's design language has already been used in the Ranger, so fair to say that the new Everest is going to keep the trend going..

well, thats Ranger front and wheelbase, Explorer rearend and 5 bolt wheels

If they sell it in this size at Pajero Sport/Fortuna price, I may consider using trailer for bikes ;)

Photoshop by Tsingtho:

Wow that just what we all need to make our thai neighbors finally burn down their gaz-empty forturners.

well, thats Ranger front and wheelbase, Explorer rearend and 5 bolt wheels

If they sell it in this size at Pajero Sport/Fortuna price, I may consider using trailer for bikes ;)

Yep - unfortunately, word is they will shorten the length for the SUV variant :(

Still, if they carry over some of the cool bits from the US Explorer like electric tailgate and electric 3rd row seats, I might consider trading in the wife's PJS ;)

Wow that just what we all need to make our thai neighbors finally burn down their gaz-empty forturners.

Pajero Sport has already taken care of many Fortuner sales with 50% vs 29% market share this year. If they get the packaging and price right, and follow through with the dealership expansion/upgrade plans, the new Everest could become a serious contender in the Thai SUV market in 2013-14 though..

Some info on details and specs from OZ.

post-80555-0-41189200-1307334590_thumb.j

:P

but single CD player :angry:

a tricky question came to my mind, was planning January 2012 delivery to make sure 2012 in book and all docs. But, should I take 2011 delivery to avoid EuroIV emission requirements?

Removed cat and partickelfilter and pressurechips installed it wont make EuroIV for sure. But should make +260hp and +600Nm :P

Some info on details and specs from OZ.

post-80555-0-41189200-1307334590_thumb.j

:P

but single CD player :angry:

a tricky question came to my mind, was planning January 2012 delivery to make sure 2012 in book and all docs. But, should I take 2011 delivery to avoid EuroIV emission requirements?

Removed cat and partickelfilter and pressurechips installed it wont make EuroIV for sure. But should make +260hp and +600Nm :P

It has USB connectivity so it doesn't matter about the single CD player. I haven't played a CD in either of my vehicles for ages as the both came as standard with a USB and Ipod connector. In fact come to think about it the City doesn't even have a CD player :blink: I'll wait and see what happens with the Ford SUV variant, that could well be my next new vehicle if it doesn't have crap residuals.

I read this web article today. Link http://www.peherald....ws/article/1582

And cut short .THE Ford Struandale engine plant in Nelson Mandela Bay has started producing its first machined component sets this week, officially marking the launch of the new Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engine export programme and the positioning of the local facility as a key player in Ford's global supply network.

The plant starts assembling its first engines on June 27. These will go to Silverton for installation in the new Ranger.Approximately 75000 of these will be used for local engine assembly. The balance of the components will be exported to Thailand and Argentina.

Does this mean that full production hasn't started already in Rayong, or have they sourced engines from somewhere else?

Edited by stefan2519

I read this web article today. Link http://www.peherald....ws/article/1582

And cut short .THE Ford Struandale engine plant in Nelson Mandela Bay has started producing its first machined component sets this week, officially marking the launch of the new Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engine export programme and the positioning of the local facility as a key player in Ford's global supply network.

The plant starts assembling its first engines on June 27. These will go to Silverton for installation in the new Ranger.Approximately 75000 of these will be used for local engine assembly. The balance of the components will be exported to Thailand and Argentina.

Does this mean that full production hasn't started already in Rayong, or have they sourced engines from somewhere else?

I would asume they so far have recieved the engines from VM Motori in Italy, as its their engine designs and Ford lisenced to manufactor them for use in Fords only. Or they could come from Ford Transit manufactoring, wherever that is these days.

and the worlds emerging pickupmakers have for a while been, South Africa, Argentina and Thailand. What hapend to the american dream?

This red is really nice. Cant wait to get my hands on this 260hp wonder

Yepp, I probably go red. Ford Phuket showed me the existing Ranger red, but didnt like it much. This looks spot on :)

Had a red metallic Ford Excursion with tan leather, and totally loved it. and Durango chili red. and Grand Caravan 3,8 candy apple red, and............

meanwhile im trading my honda for a cruze 1.8 LT until his beauty comes on the market

????????????????? You are already complaining on the other thread about not getting a decent part-ex on the Honda. Then your upgrading to a cruze to wait 6-8 months for the Ford to come out...................................okrolleyes.gif

And then lose a bucket full of cash again.