Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

If I had Ford XLT exterior and Mazda interior it would be a perfect looking truck. I think the Ford console is ugly, stereo, fake carbon fiber on WT and Wildtrak flaming orange accents are terrible. The Mazda inside has none of these style flaws inside. The Ford outside is the best looking truck on the road and the Mazda is not. The nose of the Mazda from the inside allows for better driving views and is not as rounded as the pictures look. The tailgate on the mazda.... what where they thinking but I am not going to be looking at my own tail end! But like I said, I am going to go with what looks good on the inside, and 185,000 baht difference. I think all the extra crap on 3.2 Wildtrak is ugly, example the sports bar, roof rails, bed rails, orange leather accents, carbon fire plastic panels, grey colored mirrors and bumper color. Sitting inside the Madza looking out it feels, looks and drives like 2,000,000 baht sports coupe.

I totally agree...

I don't..... they say opinions are like a certain part of the anatomy in that everyone has got one!

Looked at the Mazda a couple of days ago and for me it is bloody ugly, the interior looked and felt a bit cheap to me, the glove box felt loose, there was very little storage space in the doors, the wheels looked too small.... overall we were not really that impressed then again each to there own!

Ordered a chilli orange 3.2 WT and it really bothers me not a bit that some people don't like it!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree the Mazda does look exponentially better on the hoof than in the photos.

Personally, I think all the new models: Ford, Chevy, Mazda and Isuzu all look good.

I thought the tax incentive already expired, no? Either way, I'd rather not get locked into having to hang on to a vehicle for five years.

If I had Ford XLT exterior and Mazda interior it would be a perfect looking truck. I think the Ford console is ugly, stereo, fake carbon fiber on WT and Wildtrak flaming orange accents are terrible. The Mazda inside has none of these style flaws inside. The Ford outside is the best looking truck on the road and the Mazda is not. The nose of the Mazda from the inside allows for better driving views and is not as rounded as the pictures look. The tailgate on the mazda.... what where they thinking but I am not going to be looking at my own tail end! But like I said, I am going to go with what looks good on the inside, and 185,000 baht difference. I think all the extra crap on 3.2 Wildtrak is ugly, example the sports bar, roof rails, bed rails, orange leather accents, carbon fire plastic panels, grey colored mirrors and bumper color. Sitting inside the Madza looking out it feels, looks and drives like 2,000,000 baht sports coupe.

Absolutely agree. Just went for a test drive at the first Mazda dealer I visited and got to drive it around the block. 2.2L Pro AT. Interior is nice and more pleasing to the eyes than the Rangers'. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Has back up sensors that show in the display. The exterior does look 'normal' in person and to me, it now looks pretty good, which is quite a way from my initial impression. Howerever they are also experiencing delivery delays. Part shortage.

I've been to the moto expo plus 3 other Ford dealers and aside from the expo's useless drive in the parking lot, none of the Ford dealers had a ranger for me to test drive, nor did they seem willing to help me or find answers to my questions. When I reserved the ranger they confidently said delivery would be Feb...later moved to March...and now looks like after June. And they didn't call me to tell me this as well that I had passed financing, i had to call them. That really irks me and this is the kind of treatment I get BEFORE they have my money. Ford wins on the looks of the Ranger but fails miserably on customer service. Think about it...customer service for the length of time that I own that Ford. I'm thinking lots of arguments, back and forth and high blood pressure. So they just lost a sale here.

I have to agree the Mazda does look exponentially better on the hoof than in the photos.

Personally, I think all the new models: Ford, Chevy, Mazda and Isuzu all look good.

I thought the tax incentive already expired, no? Either way, I'd rather not get locked into having to hang on to a vehicle for five years.

Absolutely agree. Just went for a test drive at the first Mazda dealer I visited and got to drive it around the block. 2.2L Pro AT. Interior is nice and more pleasing to the eyes than the Rangers'. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Has back up sensors that show in the display. The exterior does look 'normal' in person and to me, it now looks pretty good, which is quite a way from my initial impression. Howerever they are also experiencing delivery delays. Part shortage.

I've been to the moto expo plus 3 other Ford dealers and aside from the expo's useless drive in the parking lot, none of the Ford dealers had a ranger for me to test drive, nor did they seem willing to help me or find answers to my questions. When I reserved the ranger they confidently said delivery would be Feb...later moved to March...and now looks like after June. And they didn't call me to tell me this as well that I had passed financing, i had to call them. That really irks me and this is the kind of treatment I get BEFORE they have my money. Ford wins on the looks of the Ranger but fails miserably on customer service. Think about it...customer service for the length of time that I own that Ford. I'm thinking lots of arguments, back and forth and high blood pressure. So they just lost a sale here.

There is usually a test vehicle parked outside the Chaengwattana ford dealer in Nontahburi. In terms of service I think the main problem would be when somethign unusual goes wrong with the vehicle - what issues would arise with regular servicing, at 15K km intervals? Glad I'm not in a hurry to buy a new vehicle; If I was I'd certainly be looking at the bt50 by now.

post-53608-133078386957_thumb.jpg

I photoshoped and cleaned the BT-50, for those who don't like the tail lights... A local painter should do that for 3000-4000BHT .

Sooner or later it will turn around, and you have to see that ugly front end!!!

I photoshoped and cleaned the BT-50, for those who don't like the tail lights... A local painter should do that for 3000-4000BHT .

no the front is nice... Ranger is boring looks like 10% different then a Vigo

If i get my BT-50 I think I will do it.... every car I had I cleaned all that shit... clean is nice... no license plate frame and all that ugly things...

I don't understand that people with the chrome frame around that tail light... I ask some why they have it... answer: they gave it for free...

I wanna buy the WT before, because of the engine, but I wanna take all the rails off, everywhere... why they do that, even on a fortuner and a pajero...

It make wind noise, it will take more Gasoline...

If i get my BT-50 I think I will do it.... every car I had I cleaned all that shit... clean is nice... no license plate frame and all that ugly things...

I don't understand that people with the chrome frame around that tail light... I ask some why they have it... answer: they gave it for free...

I wanna buy the WT before, because of the engine, but I wanna take all the rails off, everywhere... why they do that, even on a fortuner and a pajero...

You know there are two light bulbs in the tailgates taillights. The whole ulgy thing is fading quickly and growing on me.

You know there are two light bulbs in the tailgates taillights. The whole ulgy thing is fading quickly and growing on me.

I took a really close look today.... the lights only decoration, no bulbs, even the bulb is fake :-)

I took a really close look today.... the lights only decoration, no bulbs, even the bulb is fake :-)

Why would they waste their time and our money! Fake really, that is truly over designed junk added.

I had done the same with the white BT50 pics & decided the same.

The whole ulgy thing is fading quickly and growing on me.

Hehehe - I think it's a bit like the Triton - when it first came out pretty much everyone hated it, but then over time it grew on most people.

I first saw the BT-50 in the metal back in August, and commented here that ppl really need to see it for themsleves, but didn't go into much detail as I knew that no-one else would agree/understand until they did :)

Those rear taillamps are still the biggest issue for me though - the ones on the tailgate make the truck look smaller, and even when 'shopped out (which resembles a Triton to my eyes, heh), you're still left with an awkward side profile IMHO.

The whole ulgy thing is fading quickly and growing on me.

Hehehe - I think it's a bit like the Triton - when it first came out pretty much everyone hated it, but then over time it grew on most people.

I first saw the BT-50 in the metal back in August, and commented here that ppl really need to see it for themsleves, but didn't go into much detail as I knew that no-one else would agree/understand until they did smile.png

Those rear taillamps are still the biggest issue for me though - the ones on the tailgate make the truck look smaller, and even when 'shopped out (which resembles a Triton to my eyes, heh), you're still left with an awkward side profile IMHO.

Would the ranger rear lights fit with a bit of work or are they too large?

Saw a white bt50 last night. It was dark but didn't look too bad from the rear, though I went by it at some speed.

Would the ranger rear lights fit with a bit of work or are they too large?

Saw a white bt50 last night. It was dark but didn't look too bad from the rear, though I went by it at some speed.

They are a lot taller...not even close actually

Looks like they go from top to where the Mazda has the smaller light below

post-51988-0-79875100-1330842934_thumb.j

post-51988-0-09599800-1330843220_thumb.j

Edited by flying

Was designed after the Ford F150 and that design came from the F100 whick have been around long before the Toyota. Its OK to like Ugly, everyone gets an opinion! Nothing wrong with a Mazda, Ford had to do something with the parts that didn't pass the Ford test!! LOL

Was designed after the Ford F150 and that design came from the F100 whick have been around long before the Toyota. Its OK to like Ugly, everyone gets an opinion! Nothing wrong with a Mazda, Ford had to do something with the parts that didn't pass the Ford test!! LOL

Look from that perspective

post-53608-133085416023_thumb.jpg

There is not that much difference...

Even said before... Same when they released the triton ....

That's why most all the current pickups look like the '97 Ford F-100

Just for trivias sake, the F100 was last made in 1984, the F150 debuted in 1975, and in 1984 F100 dicontinued and F150 officially the base truck for the F series!

Whilst on trivia........ the first F100 was approx. 1953 and it was a great looking truck. It still looks great in my opinion.

Edited by Woodsie888

Anyone tried to cancel their order for the new Ranger and get the deposit back?

Not yet but will try when our BT50 is delivered..expect it to be a shit fight though....

I cancelled mine 4 weeks ago, money is back in the account pending and should clear tomrw. No fight, no rebuttal what-so-ever when cancelling.

I understand that there is a shortage of parts due to the floods. And the truck is admittedly nice. But I'm not happy with their poor customer service so taking my business elsewhere.

Not yet but will try when our BT50 is delivered..expect it to be a shit fight though....

I cancelled mine 4 weeks ago, money is back in the account pending and should clear tomrw. No fight, no rebuttal what-so-ever when cancelling.

I understand that there is a shortage of parts due to the floods. And the truck is admittedly nice. But I'm not happy with their poor customer service so taking my business elsewhere.

Honestly I'm not buying the whole "Ford is cr*p at customer service and everyone else is light years ahead".

I bet if a thread was set-up on ever car manufacturer in Thailand we'd find a negative comment on them all.

Also, I'd be very surprised if anyone that's changed to the BT50 3.2 from the Wildtrak, that they'll get it any quicker.

It's been 3 weeks on now since Ford dropped the bomb on deliveries.

I haven't read any posters saying they've received their BT50 yet.

offtopic.gif

Edited by stefan2519

Honestly I'm not buying the whole "Ford is cr*p at customer service and everyone else is light years ahead".

I bet if a thread was set-up on ever car manufacturer in Thailand we'd find a negative comment on them all.

Also, I'd be very surprised if anyone that's changed to the BT50 3.2 from the Wildtrak, that they'll get it any quicker.

It's been 3 weeks on now since Ford dropped the bomb on deliveries.

I haven't read any posters saying they've received their BT50 yet.

offtopic.gif

Yes I think ford/mazda honestly do not know when they can say when trucks will definitely be supplied by - if it's a parts supply problem it's really out of their hands. Only seen on bt50 on the road, last week. According to the newrangerclub website, quite a number of rangers have already been delivered to customers. Seems overseas orders have not been filled also - the Thai market is much smaller so we are put down the pecking order seemingly!

good news!..they gave you a cheque?

I reached the conclusion that I am happy to wait for the new Ford Ranger. It's what I wanted in the first place and I know that I'll be happiest with it, regardless of the delay. I haven't had any issues with the Ford customer service - they're obviously having a tough time of it.

So go ahead, stomp your feet and demand your princely 5,000 Baht back if you wish. As for me, it's the New Ford Ranger baby! yeah

post-30245-0-94955200-1330998757_thumb.j

post-30245-0-64339700-1330998828_thumb.j

post-30245-0-33025700-1330998853_thumb.j

post-30245-0-85106900-1330998913.jpg

Just for trivias sake, the F100 was last made in 1984, the F150 debuted in 1975, and in 1984 F100 dicontinued and F150 officially the base truck for the F series!

Whilst on trivia........ the first F100 was approx. 1953 and it was a great looking truck. It still looks great in my opinion.

Okay: That's why most all the current pickups look like the '97 Ford F-150

I think before '53 it was the F-1, yes?

I had a '53, Fords 50th anniversary edition.

Okay: That's why most all the current pickups look like the '97 Ford F-150

I think before '53 it was the F-1, yes?

I had a '53, Fords 50th anniversary edition.

Before 53, 48-52 was calld the Ford Bonus-built, in 53 the F1 was introduced!