Suthep Warns Red Shirts To Stop Disturbing Democrats Election Campaign

Lite Beer

Huh?

Some people consider that *15 years of free education* as a hoax. And if Abhisit goes out to meet and great the constituents, he should be prepared the met someone who tells him what they think about these *15 years of free education* because that is one of the democrats campaign.

If he want met only Democrats supporter he doesn't understand what a meet and great with the constituents means.

People KNEW that any education was a hoax under Thaksin (remember he was Minister of Ed too .... That education costs less (and yes, is basically free!) and is better now than in the past (though it still has a HUGE way to go.... before it will be equal or even good in much of the country!) and costs less now. There is "free education" where I come from .. and yes there are still expenses attached.

Yes, he should be prepared (and is) for questions about policy. The issue isn't should people be able to ask questions etc ... it comes to organized disruption of campaigning and intimidation. If the UDD/DAAD/PTP folks won't allow him to be heard then it isn't even approaching free and fair elections.

BTW -- I don't know anyone that calls the 3 extra years of free education (more than is required by the constitution) a hoax. Abhisit has acknowledged that there are still expenses in getting to school etc ... What is real is that it costs less now than in the past and the education itself is free.

Again, this thread is about the reds disrupting campaigning ... and if you see that as acceptable or democratic (being prevented from campaigning in certain areas of the country by organized groups) ... I can't help you :) (Even more so, there is no hope for Thailand if that is how it is going to be.... ) Funnily enough, there haven't been complaints by PTP that their rallies/campaigning are being disrupted .... oh ... wait .... could it be that the Dems are smarter than to resort to tactics like that -- which could lead to them being disbanded? --- probably so!

Abhist promised 15 years of free education and he also wants turn Thailand into a welfare state.

The *15 years of free eduction* is just a propaganda hoax that doesn't met reality so don't be surprise if someone criticize him for that.

All I am suggesting is that an informed person should be able to understand it and family men definitely should know it. Most people at Thaivisa are informed people and tend to have a family man personality. That why I spoke of the *family man community*. That has nothing to do with being a red shirt.

And you maybe just hate Thaksin, but have no clue what the Democrats are about.

Which is an increase in free education that was available under TRT/PPP .... which cost the common family more than they are having to spend now. MORE is covered and for more years now than before. That won't matter to a paid protagonist (I mean the hecklers when the PM shows up in public ... not anyone here) ... If they can sidetrack the conversation so that Abhisit is always on the defensive even if they are telling lies ... then it is just another example of "real politik" in the fields ... If a connection can be made between these people and the PTP/UDD leadership like nattuwutt it is game over for PTP. Therefore the reds and PTP (as if there is a difference!) must rein in the UDD/DAAD/PTP crowds making for unfair/unsafe campaigning conditions for their opposition. That is, of course, unless the polls take even a slight turn for the worse for the reds ... then they will step up their game to try for any action against them that they can shout "double standards" about. (All the while forgetting that the term "double-standards" was brought into use about Thaksin getting favorable treatment because of his wealth.

Huh?

Some people consider that *15 years of free education* as a hoax. And if Abhisit goes out to meet and great the constituents, he should be prepared the met someone who tells him what they think about these *15 years of free education* because that is one of the democrats campaign.

If he want met only Democrats supporter he doesn't understand what a meet and great with the constituents means.

You carry on here and slam other posters but you never give any hard data or facts to back up your post. Show us the numbers spell it out for us. How is the 15 years of free education a hoax, you cannot just say things and then have no acttual numbers to back up what you say, unless of course you have no numbers

You carry on here and slam other posters but you never give any hard data or facts to back up your post. Show us the numbers spell it out for us. How is the 15 years of free education a hoax, you cannot just say things and then have no acttual numbers to back up what you say, unless of course you have no numbers

What numbers? those 360 baht that making education for free, or what?

Please feel free to educate me about the *15 years of free education* plan and Abhisit's vision of a welfare state in all its depth as you seems to be an expert on it.

P.S. Wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn?

what is a ''family man community''

i looked at all the categories of the TV forum but could not find one resembling that name

i imagine you believe a forum to be a bit like a kindergarten where adults can play and not get their feelings hurt

maybe you should ask George to start one and then you could confine yourself to that area

perhaps its a bit too rough and tumble for you out here in the real world......

The *family man community* is the antipode to the *sexpat community*

Read the comments in this thread http://www.thaivisa....-hates-thaksin/

Read what Thai visa members say about themselves, then you will now that most of thaivisa members belong to the family man category.

i have no desire to read the comments made by members on that student piece

it does not apply to me so i have no interest in the responses made by members to defend themselves

so exactly, where is this mythical family man community to be found on TV forum ?

or is it of your own creation?

if so someone better tell George there is a usurper in the rank and file............

Edited by timekeeper

Abhist promised 15 years of free education and he also wants turn Thailand into a welfare state.

The *15 years of free eduction* is just a propaganda hoax that doesn't met reality so don't be surprise if someone criticize him for that.

All I am suggesting is that an informed person should be able to understand it and family men definitely should know it. Most people at Thaivisa are informed people and tend to have a family man personality. That why I spoke of the *family man community*. That has nothing to do with being a red shirt.

And you maybe just hate Thaksin, but have no clue what the Democrats are about.

Which is an increase in free education that was available under TRT/PPP .... which cost the common family more than they are having to spend now. MORE is covered and for more years now than before. That won't matter to a paid protagonist (I mean the hecklers when the PM shows up in public ... not anyone here) ... If they can sidetrack the conversation so that Abhisit is always on the defensive even if they are telling lies ... then it is just another example of "real politik" in the fields ... If a connection can be made between these people and the PTP/UDD leadership like nattuwutt it is game over for PTP. Therefore the reds and PTP (as if there is a difference!) must rein in the UDD/DAAD/PTP crowds making for unfair/unsafe campaigning conditions for their opposition. That is, of course, unless the polls take even a slight turn for the worse for the reds ... then they will step up their game to try for any action against them that they can shout "double standards" about. (All the while forgetting that the term "double-standards" was brought into use about Thaksin getting favorable treatment because of his wealth.

Huh?

the reds should afford Abhisit the same meet and greet conditions that they demand for themselves

no yellow descenters are allowed at red rallies under threat of a beating

red democracy in action with the necessary double standards built in..........

thats no surprise

it must be a problem for the reds that after 2 years in government the only thing that a red shirted woman could think of to scream at Abhisist the other day, was that she has only received 360 baht from the government for her daughters school uniform and it actually cost 400 baht

she was screaming because she had to find 40 baht for her daughter all by herself

Man that must be embarrassing for the reds.............

If the Democrats call this 360 Baht - *15 years of free education* I can understand if someone heckles Abisit if he comes up with that "for free" story again.

Even childless members of the expat family man community should understand this.

NICE to see the red brand of democracy in action again - At least Abhisit hasnt had to be thrown out of the country for corruption and waged a war from his exiled domicile!!! theif, liar, murderer, corrupt, ..............none of these can be applied to the Prime Minister now on anything like the scale of his Chinese, exiled opposite!! But then some people like corrupt criminals that give them back handers to turn the other way, Al Capone, Hitler................. and dare I add the corrupt Mr T!!

3)an amnesty for Thaksin, whose government was overturned by the 2006 coup(since when there has been an election), and who fled overseas after he was convicted of political corruption.

So We Expats "Childless" or with children know how Peau Thai operate with the RED masters.

Wasn't Thaksin convicted for conflict of interest? Which isn't necessarily the same as corruption.

I think Thaksin called it " political corruption" or "corrupt and political motivated" that he was convicted for conflict of interests. :ph34r:

I like the way youve added the little black terrorist mask to the end of the message.....Thaksin was convicted FOR embezzling funds into Shincorp and then denying he had shares in the company, Also for selling Shincorp to a Singapore company, when he himself had drafted and bought in a law preventing Thai companies from being sold to foreign companies - Do us a favour Samurai - dont think anymore - youre not good at it!!

thats no surprise

it must be a problem for the reds that after 2 years in government the only thing that a red shirted woman could think of to scream at Abhisist the other day, was that she has only received 360 baht from the government for her daughters school uniform and it actually cost 400 baht

she was screaming because she had to find 40 baht for her daughter all by herself

If the Democrats call this 360 Baht - *15 years of free education* I can understand if someone heckles Abisit if he comes up with that "for free" story again.

Even childless members of the expat family man community should understand this.

Multiply that by at least 5 per child as it seems that the schools have a different uniform for each day of the week! Last year, the uniform on one day was a pink polo shirt and blue tracksuit trousers, this year the polo shirt is orange and white! The lady has a point, even if some people are too blind to see it.

Of course she does - the point is - bring back thaksin and then the poor can all get into DEBT for their school uniform. Some people wouldnt recognise a sensible Government that doesnt have to be impeached if it landed on their noses!!

Please feel free to educate me about the *15 years of free education* plan and Abhisit's vision of a welfare state in all its depth as you seems to be an expert on it.

Samurai - give it up - anyone can see you havent a clue what youre talking about - youre just digging yourself deeper. Either provide some links to back up what youre saying - or give it up and admit THAKSINS a criminal

Perhaps the "family community man" can give some more details of the costs of education and what is and is not currently covered....

Although I do realize that it's easier to make snide comments than provide facts.<_<

It's been a few years since I taught at a government school, but here's my understanding of the current situation:

The basic tuition fees up to grade M3 are no longer charged and the students get an allowance for their school uniforms. I don't know if they get a book allowance as well.

So, what do parents still have to pay for?

1. Classes that are outside of the regular school budget. For instance, English with a Native Speaker.

2. Gifted/ EP programs. These can cost, on average, about 35K per term.

3. Field Trips.

4. Costumes/decorations/etc. for school shows, sports days, etc..

5. BRIBES TO SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS.

#5 is obviously a ig issue, but it's like the proverbial elephant in the living room - everyone knows about it, but no-one wants to talk about it.

Not all government schools are equal. Obviously, parents will want their kids to go to a 'good school'. With limited numbers of spaces available, the opportunities for corruption are obvious.

Then there's 'Rien Piset" เรียนพิเศษ. These are the after school classes that are offered either by the school or sometimes directly by teachers. Teachers will frequently cover topics in their Rien Piset classes that students will be tested on, but won't learn in their regular classes. So, the students and parents know that they have to pay for Rien Piset, or their children will be at a disadvantage when Exams are given. In many schools, 75 - 80% of the students will be taking these extra classes after school & on the weekends.

Perhaps our "Family Community Man" would care to expand upon or correct my post.... or maybe it's easier to just complain without giving any substance to back up your complaints.<_<

How can one be "childless" and yet also an "expat family man" ? :blink: Muddy thinking or poor expression ! <_<

Would it not be better to agree that, in the interests of democracy and a fair & balanced (as far as possible) election, the Reds should stick to campaigning on their policies, rather than trying to disrupt the campaigns of other non-Red parties ? Or is it still their policy, that people can be as democratic as they wish, but only so long as they're red ?

Maybe they should propose a new education-policy, of free school-uniforms, but with bright-red shirts ? ! :rolleyes:

I thought the dems would be happy with an amnesty because one PTP are in power the dems will no longer control the courts and all their wrongdoings will be investigated and charges will follow, such as the person who ordered the slaughter of unarmed people on the streets of Bangkok last year.

They will be begging for amnesty at that point.

I thought the dems would be happy with an amnesty because one PTP are in power the dems will no longer control the courts and all their wrongdoings will be investigated and charges will follow, such as the person who ordered the slaughter of unarmed people on the streets of Bangkok last year.

They will be begging for amnesty at that point.

Are you suggesting that when the PTP are in power, they are going to influence what the police and courts investigate?

3)an amnesty for Thaksin, whose government was overturned by the 2006 coup(since when there has been an election), and who fled overseas after he was convicted of political corruption.

So We Expats "Childless" or with children know how Peau Thai operate with the RED masters.

Wasn't Thaksin convicted for conflict of interest? Which isn't necessarily the same as corruption.

I think Thaksin called it " political corruption" or "corrupt and political motivated" that he was convicted for conflict of interests. :ph34r:

I like the way youve added the little black terrorist mask to the end of the message.....Thaksin was convicted FOR embezzling funds into Shincorp and then denying he had shares in the company, Also for selling Shincorp to a Singapore company, when he himself had drafted and bought in a law preventing Thai companies from being sold to foreign companies - Do us a favour Samurai - dont think anymore - youre not good at it!!

Errm no. Thaksin was convicted because his wife bought some land from the state at the time he was PM. That was a conflict of interest. But don't get facts disturb your hate ramblings.

thats no surprise

NICE to see the red brand of democracy in action again - At least Abhisit hasnt had to be thrown out of the country for corruption and waged a war from his exiled domicile!!! theif, liar, murderer, corrupt, ..............none of these can be applied to the Prime Minister now on anything like the scale of his Chinese, exiled opposite!! But then some people like corrupt criminals that give them back handers to turn the other way, Al Capone, Hitler................. and dare I add the corrupt Mr T!!

Has nothing to do with Mr. T.

That woman complains about the realities of Abhisits 15 years of free education campaign. Can't you handle it like that? Just as criticism of that campaign. without coming up with stories about Al Capone and Hitler?

Samurai - give it up - anyone can see you havent a clue what youre talking about - youre just digging yourself deeper. Either provide some links to back up what youre saying - or give it up and admit THAKSINS a criminal

Do you realise that is not about Thaksin but about Abhisit *15 years of free education* campaign.

the funny thing is it got praised by Thaksin haters. But when ever you ask member of a special subgroup of Thaksin haters (not the family men) if they could tell you some more details about the *15 years of free education* campaign it turns out they know nothing about.

The only reply they have is insult you, telling you to shut up, or rant about Thaksin again or calling you a red shirt.

Typical WINNER personalities in internet discussions.

Perhaps the "family community man" can give some more details of the costs of education and what is and is not currently covered....

Although I do realize that it's easier to make snide comments than provide facts.<_<

It's been a few years since I taught at a government school, but here's my understanding of the current situation:

The basic tuition fees up to grade M3 are no longer charged and the students get an allowance for their school uniforms. I don't know if they get a book allowance as well.

So, what do parents still have to pay for?

1. Classes that are outside of the regular school budget. For instance, English with a Native Speaker.

2. Gifted/ EP programs. These can cost, on average, about 35K per term.

3. Field Trips.

4. Costumes/decorations/etc. for school shows, sports days, etc..

5. BRIBES TO SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS.

#5 is obviously a ig issue, but it's like the proverbial elephant in the living room - everyone knows about it, but no-one wants to talk about it.

Not all government schools are equal. Obviously, parents will want their kids to go to a 'good school'. With limited numbers of spaces available, the opportunities for corruption are obvious.

Then there's 'Rien Piset" เรียนพิเศษ. These are the after school classes that are offered either by the school or sometimes directly by teachers. Teachers will frequently cover topics in their Rien Piset classes that students will be tested on, but won't learn in their regular classes. So, the students and parents know that they have to pay for Rien Piset, or their children will be at a disadvantage when Exams are given. In many schools, 75 - 80% of the students will be taking these extra classes after school & on the weekends.

Perhaps our "Family Community Man" would care to expand upon or correct my post.... or maybe it's easier to just complain without giving any substance to back up your complaints.<_<

this is a great post

Samurai, of the underground ''family community forum''

why don't you step up and debate it for the benefit of all of us?

i can't do it myself as in your words i am one of those ''sub forum members'' (sexpats) that know nothing about this kind of thing........

Edited by timekeeper

Reality check.

Has every Thai child (the ones smart enough to study at university) the opportunity and chance (and financial background) to take these offer of 15 years of "free" education or is it just empty words of a political campaign?

What can they do... the voice of Yellow, Nation/Post have all but declared the wonderful K. Yingluck the winner with how many days to go... If there is a coup I home NATO comes to the rescue this time! No Gadafy for Thailand...

Reality check.

Has every Thai child (the ones smart enough to study at university) the opportunity and chance (and financial background) to take these offer of 15 years of "free" education or is it just empty words of a political campaign?

why not accept the challenge made to you in the previous post by otherstuff?

er back to the thread....

One of the classic Thaksin strategies is to run a parallel campaign of violence with their political demands. This ended last year when the red/black shirt thugs were driven off the streets and Jatuporn given notice not to up the ante with his LM nonsense. The physical stuff is always ratcheted up bit by bit. It is this physical escalation for which PTP announcements are being made which mostly amount to 'not yet'. Why not now? Because this time the establishment is ready. They have learned. So the reds are being told to control themselves, though their lying makes it difficult to be absolutely sure. Once the PTP realsise that they are not going to get their majority, then Thaksin will give the green signal and go to the next reconciliation to avoid the 'people's upset', 'electoral fraud' and other bullshit. Thaksin is so bloody obvious. A cheap crook to his core.

Reality check.

why not accept the challenge made to you in the previous post by otherstuff?

Reality check.

Reality check.

They will have more of a chance with a few extra years of "free" education.

Will every child take advantage of it and stay at school during this whole period? Very unlikely.

What can they do... the voice of Yellow, Nation/Post have all but declared the wonderful K. Yingluck the winner with how many days to go... If there is a coup I home NATO comes to the rescue this time! No Gadafy for Thailand...

Huh?

Where did you see this declaration?