And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Yamaha Nouvo - Lower Seat

EddieSAKAMURA

Hello Everybody, I'm a new member of this Forum.!

I have lived for about six years in Thailand, including more than four years in the near of Chumphon. I hope we will get along well together here.

But now to my request:

Yesterday I ordered a new Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. [- one of the last, as the dealer assured me, the new model with fuel injection coming soon. But I prefer the model with carburator. B) ] My wife is 1,47 meter and I'm 1,88 meter - so we need a second lower 'everyday-bench' for both of us and for long distance I use the original one.

During my research I came across this photo:

1225546525.jpg

Does anyone know the manufacturer of this bench? This looks like the one which will satisfy us.

Thanks in advance.

Eddie

You can take a photo to one of those shops that reupholster seats and they can do it for you. It will cost around 400-600 baht.

Alternatively, you can go buy a thai motorcycle magazine and there will be plenty of advertisements from shops selling seats.

They said: Soon! ;)

Seemed a bit serious for me, cause I went to two independent dealers same day. And both told the same story. The first wouldn't (couldn't) order a new bike for me - told me to wait for the new model!?

I did not care anyway, I wanted the old model.

the carb version is fine and reliable as hell ,ive driven it through floods where the water nearly came up to the ignition keyhole and it didnt die yet :)

since around 2008 or 2009 when yamaha put efi in the spark 135cc people have been talking about an injection elegance being released

im sure it will be at some stage ,will be interesting to see how much it costs though over the carb version

the carb version is fine and reliable as hell ,ive driven it through floods where the water nearly came up to the ignition keyhole and it didnt die yet :)

I hope that I must never do that to her.

You can take a photo to one of those shops that reupholster seats and they can do it for you. It will cost around 400-600 baht.

Alternatively, you can go buy a thai motorcycle magazine and there will be plenty of advertisements from shops selling seats.

Thanks, that's an good idea.

The cheapest and easiest way is to go the many bike seat upholstery shops dotted around - I have a bike business in Chalong and I use the local guys just round the corner for repairs and things and they do a standard recover for 200 THB and if you want added foam it costs about 100 THB extra, you can even get two tone and graphics added if you wanted!

They cut and style the foam to requirements then cover it and stitch the pieces of covering together if required. Probably take about 30 minutes max with a max cost of 500 THB!!!!

Good luck and welcome to the forum - ignore the grumpy cynics on here there's a lot of them.. as I keep reminding them if its THAT bad they would have/ should have gone home by now!

Agree that a custom job is the way to go, I had one done about a year ago on a Nouvo MX and it was one of those rare occasions when you just can't believe they can do such a fantastic job for such a low price. Pretty sure it was 350 baht for materials and labour (had a new cover put on at the same time as adjusting the foam).

Looks as good today as the day they did it.

I've come across this photo too and I've discovered that the guys who make those seats are called Noi Watdan.

They have a website but it's not very good. Grabbing a magazine is a good idea though because most places don't stock them all the time.

I ordered one a few weeks ago (same one as in that photo but with white writing) and was told it would take two weeks to come in. Two weeks later I head on down to the shop and ask if it's in to be told that it might be a few more weeks. Apparently they only order them when they can order 10+ seats. This is in Chiang Mai, I believe they make these seats in BKK.

Hope that helps!

Yes, 'morry', that's exactly what I'm looking for - Noi Watdan.

DSCF0062-1.jpg

Looks Comfortable. If order is not possible in Chumphon, maybe a local 'Upholstery' can do this job for me.

wana, KRS1, DragOnboy, JonnyF, morry thanks a lot for your Posts, good advices and your warm welcome greetings.

Eddie