Golf In Kanchanaburi

pmf113b

Hello,

Me and my husband visit Thailand every year and stay in Chiang Mai.

It is his birthday in Jan and I am looking to book somewhere as a suprise as we are both very keen golfers. We have visited Kanchanaburi before but only to visit the River Kwai etc. Could you please give me some ideas on best places to stay and golf courses. Are there hotels on site of any golf course? How much will the green fees be in Jan ?

We will be flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then get the bus into Kanchanaburi so won't have any of our own transport. Is it easy enough to get around? Do you need transport?

many thanks in advance.

Paula

I recently played Nichigo, Mission Hills, Evergreen Hills and Blue Sapphire. All are fine courses and some have hotel arrangements but nothing to do there other than golf and sleep. Although I did not see their rooms I expect they are spartan and for the Korean type market. Suggest staying in town and commuting to the golf courses. All are about 30 minutes from town in various directions. I had my own transportation and did my own bookings so cannot recommend anyone in Kanchanaburi. Suggest you visit their websites and see what rates may be on offer during the high season. I played in August and all had promotions and very quiet. Will mention that Blue Sapphire has water on many holes and borders on being difficult for regular golfers. Probably would enjoy the other three more and all were fine. Here is a website about golf in Kanchanaburi.

http://kanchanaburi.sawadee.com/golf.htm