Anybody Ever Tried E20 In Your Bike ?

wana

theres a bloke on the tiger forum whos apparently done 64,000km+ on a boxer 250 rs without any problems (hard to believe since mine is literally falling to bits after around 7000km,noticed oil dripping out of it yesterday after i parked it after a 30 min ride :rolleyes: )

he puts E20 in it as well ,i thought that would destroy an old boxer or any old carb engine not specificialy designed for flexible fuels such a the new pcx etc

The guy you mean does very much kilometers every day when riding his Boxer. I guess he is changing to benzene before he lets the bike standing still for days or weeks. Maybe it works using E20 if you keep the bike running every day. But i can not plan my movement such detailed for the future and i do not like to do it too. I want riding my bike when i like to, not when the bike needs movement to burn bad gasohol in the carb.

somebody told me an occasional tank of E20 actually helps the engine because it cleans or dissolves some of the crap that builds up from dirty petrol,........im tempted to try a litre someday in one of the scooters to see how it performs ..........but il have a few litres of benzine on standby ......... just in case :rolleyes:

somebody told me an occasional tank of E20 actually helps the engine because it cleans or dissolves some of the crap that builds up from dirty petrol,........im tempted to try a litre someday in one of the scooters to see how it performs ..........but il have a few litres of benzine on standby ......... just in case :rolleyes:

Alcohol can help to get rid of water in the tank. I do not know of more good things it does.

No, wait, of course it helps destroying rubber parts, that have fallen into the tank accidently ;)

I once wanted to write a article about the Tiger Boxer 250 RS and its ability to use E20 fuel, while even some modern fuel injection motorcycles and scooters still have problems with 20% alcohol/ethanol.

Tiger Motor Co. Ltd. claims that the Boxer 250 RS, and some other motorcycles they sell can use E20 fuel, but they use carburetors from Teikei (Japanese company). And Teikei Carburetors (TK Carburetors) has a complete different idea about some of the carburetors Tiger claims to be able to use E20.

For the few hardcore, well known, Tiger motorcycle riders from the first hour – Tiger has probably specially prepped the motorcycle/carburetor... or Mr. Charlie is just singing a Tiger factory tune... he gets lots of things from Tiger... he was also one of the testers for the EFI on a the Tiger Boxer 250 RS

And please not believe me, just ask questions yourself //e-mail removed as per forum rules//

To be fair, not only Tiger does this kind of disinformation. I guess the companies have to declare their bikes as compatible with gasohol, based on laws and pressure from government.

E.g. the english version of the manual for my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance has the following statements:

"Yamaha products can use gasohol (E10) Octane 91 or higher. However, when filling with gasohol, cold engine starting may be difficult...

NOTICE: Using gasohol may cause engine trouble depending on the engine. If gasohol is used and engine trouble occurs, contact the Yamaha dealer as soon as possible."

OK, i used gasohol and trouble occured. The bike stalled many times, which is very dangerous and annoying on an automatic bike. So i went to the Yamaha dealer to ask for help. The Yamaha dealer and also Yamaha Thailand told me to better use benzine.

Good joke, very funny, thanks Yamaha for the great help on using gasohol :D

On the picture you see the opened Teikei carb from my Tiger Boxer 250RS. You can clearly see that the float gauge (black platic) has rotten away at the corners. The whole carb was not funtioning well and i had to replace it. This carb was just two years old!

post-129800-0-57252800-1316347109_thumb.

"Yamaha products can use gasohol (E10) Octane 91 or higher. However, when filling with gasohol, cold engine starting may be difficult...

NOTICE: Using gasohol may cause engine trouble depending on the engine. If gasohol is used and engine trouble occurs, contact the Yamaha dealer as soon as possible."

OK, i used gasohol and trouble occured. The bike stalled many times, which is very dangerous and annoying on an automatic bike. So i went to the Yamaha dealer to ask for help. The Yamaha dealer and also Yamaha Thailand told me to better use benzine.

My CBR250R used to cut out when fired up after 2-3 hours sitting when filled with g/hol. Changed to benzine and it hasn't happened since.