Can Anyone Recommend A Good Lawyer

UKJASE

Does anyone know of a good lawyer that could help us with the purchase of a company, without relieving us of too much money???

we have not lived in hua hin very long so need ourselves some legal representation, as we are looking at buying a small company.

Can anyone recommend someone they have used personally??

i have had two recommendations and they have both been for Chavalit Finch, so i have contacted them. The only thing is is i think it is a farang company, so the fees will be quite high i imagine

does anyone know of any other companies that they would recommend, so i can approach them for a quote also???

Hey guys - i posted the original post on this thread, and see there have been only a couple of replies..... this has got me thinking that :-

1 - there are no good lawyers in Hua Hin

or

2 - people find them too expensive

if 2 is the case, who do people use instead, if say, purchasing a house or a company

i have heard several people say they didnt use a lawyer for their purchase.... and someone else has recommended a good accountant, who they say they use for purchases........

so, do you think it is safe to go down the company transfer of shareholders, when purchasing a company, using an accountant, rather than a lawyer? it does ceratainly seem cheaper........

does anyone know of such an accountancy firm they would recommend?

We know (and have used) a lady that has worked for one of the big real estate firms in town for years. She is not a lawyer, but I believe she knows real estate law and all the necessary paperwork (and has contacts at the land office) better than any lawyer in town. She does freelance work outside the real estate office with the blessings of her bosses and will set up any kind of ownership you need at a very low price. I know she can handle any kind of home or condo ownership setup but you'd have to talk to her to see if she can set up business ownership (I suspect she can).

PM me if you want her contact details.

We know (and have used) a lady that has worked for one of the big real estate firms in town for years. She is not a lawyer, but I believe she knows real estate law and all the necessary paperwork (and has contacts at the land office) better than any lawyer in town. She does freelance work outside the real estate office with the blessings of her bosses and will set up any kind of ownership you need at a very low price. I know she can handle any kind of home or condo ownership setup but you'd have to talk to her to see if she can set up business ownership (I suspect she can).

PM me if you want her contact details.

I think I know who you are referring to and yes, she is quite good. I have used her once for translation service and we talked a lot of real estate issues and all traps a foreigner can fall into if he / she isn't paying attention to them.

• 3 weeks later...

i have had two recommendations and they have both been for Chavalit Finch, so i have contacted them. The only thing is is i think it is a farang company, so the fees will be quite high i imagine

does anyone know of any other companies that they would recommend, so i can approach them for a quote also???

Jim Finch is the American half of the company, but he has a Thai partner, we have used them in the past and didn't find them to be that expensive.

If you havnt lived in Hua Hin 'that long' and donet know a lawyer....what do you know about the company you are buying........not wanting to put you off but there are a lot of unsrupulous people selling businesses and decent laweyer should be a must!!!

If you havnt lived in Hua Hin 'that long' and donet know a lawyer....what do you know about the company you are buying........not wanting to put you off but there are a lot of unsrupulous people selling businesses and decent laweyer should be a must!!!

Agreed.

Equally scary that you're talking about saving $$ where a local Lawyer would be concerned to a Western one.

First golden rule here is do not cut corners where Lawyers fee's are concerned.

I'd personally pay more for a Western one to be honest.