Big Bike In Pattaya - Useless/Dangerous?

roban

Ok, it's not really a BIG bike.

But with it's 400 cc and nearly 60 hp, it could be a lot of fun, if there were any decent roads in/around Pattaya.

Every day, I see some annoying idiots (mostly farangs) on their extremely noisy Harleys, or other big Bikes, riding up and down the main roads on the dark side. (Kao Talo/Kao Noi). annoyed.gif

They never wear a helmet, so I think, they won't even cross the railway.

But imho, this is not the way, such bikes should be used.

I like to ride my bike, but end up 90% ot the time, on my 125cc scooter.

So I am really undecided.

Edited by roban

I have had big cruisers for the past 10 years living in Pattaya with which I have been all over Thailand,but will never use them in Pattaya.It seems like there are mark points far north and far south on sukumvith where the hell starts and stops.

To be honest driving it in Pattaya gives me the sweat in my hands as 6 eyes are not enough to avoid accidents.They seem to come from everywhere,not yet from the sky but I'm sure they will find a way someday.

there are some nice smooth undulating roads winding thru the hills and scenery not far from Pattaya.....turn left in Bang Saray (about 20km east of Pattaya on 3 ) towards Silver Lake. I cant remember the road names but there are some nice riding thru there. Check google maps. There are several roads that lead u there, all different but nice riding.

There is a nice winery at silver lake and also nice Pizza restaurant. Its well worth a visit. Even a microlight airfield if u feel adventurous for a birds eye view.

But remember......the idiots coming round the corner towards u on your half the road!!!

I am or was one of the idiots on a big Harley, LOL.

The Road King was completely unsuited for the traffic in Pattaya down town, but a dream on the open roads and took it on many 4 days trips around the Kingdom.

Yes a scooter is much better in Pattaya, even a nippy Kawa 650 Versus is too big there in my opinion.

Take it it Bira circuit smile.png

www.bira.co.th , check out calender section for free days

Better not, could be an expensive trip. Not easy to find spare parts for my bike..tongue.png

there are some nice smooth undulating roads winding thru the hills and scenery not far from Pattaya.....turn left in Bang Saray (about 20km east of Pattaya on 3 ) towards Silver Lake. I cant remember the road names but there are some nice riding thru there. Check google maps. There are several roads that lead u there, all different but nice riding.

There is a nice winery at silver lake and also nice Pizza restaurant. Its well worth a visit. Even a microlight airfield if u feel adventurous for a birds eye view.

But remember......the idiots coming round the corner towards u on your half the road!!!

Thanks for the tip, it's not too far away. I will definitely check it out.

I am or was one of the idiots on a big Harley, LOL.

The Road King was completely unsuited for the traffic in Pattaya down town, but a dream on the open roads and took it on many 4 days trips around the Kingdom....

Well, these (nearly) straight roads may be the reason, why these "poser" bug the people on the darkside.

Edited by roban