Price Of The Harley Sportster ?

JohanBKK

Hi,

What is the normal price for a the second hand Harley Sportster with the green book ? All the bikes i've found don't include the green book and are all for sell between 280 000 and 400 000. It's impossible to find anything with a green book.

What do you think if i buy a Harley Sportster for 300 000 without the book and try to make one ?

Thanks.

What you mean by "NOOOO+..." ?

ok English is not your native language SO.

nicht, geen, pas, не, jo, nincs.

It can be very expensive and difficult getting a green book, especially on a bike that has been in Thailand for some time, import paperwork lost etc..

The man to speak to is Richard-bkk as he knows people who know people who can do things.. at least that's what he always tells us. But NEVER giving details.

The people who know people are all getting a very high profit on this also.

As i don't see ANY Harley Sportster with green books my only option is to buy one without. The vendors don't make the books until someone pay for it first.

That's what they call business.

As i don't see ANY Harley Sportster with green books my only option is to buy one without. The vendors don't make the books until someone pay for it first.

So in fact it is possible to buy one with green book,you only don't like to pay for it.

Keep in mind that a confiscated bike cost more than making a green book.

Edited by janverbeem

No, it's not possible to buy one with a green book, you buy one without the green book and then you pay for a green book that you may never have. This is how the import market works.

There is only two ways to get one with a green book : Get a new bike at the dealer or find one from a customer who want to sell his bike.

All the shops i visited only sells bikes without green books.

up to you .. but i would not .. unless you want headaches..but then to be fair i would NOT buy a Harley.

Richco have a 2009 sportster 883 for 450,000b with book.

if you want to look at non Harley choppers.. see here.

all plated.

http://www.pattayasuperbikes.com/Stock_%20Yamaha.htm

Edited by thaicbr

No, it's not possible to buy one with a green book, you buy one without the green book and then you pay for a green book that you may never have. This is how the import market works.

There is only two ways to get one with a green book : Get a new bike at the dealer or find one from a customer who want to sell his bike.

All the shops i visited only sells bikes without green books.

I have bought several imported bikes from the shops already,ALL with green book,which came between 3 to 9 months after purchase.

Thing is go to a trusted bike shop and if they say that they will make the green book then you will get one,but of course not for free and it can take some time.

You can also go to the one who promises you the cheapest deal but then you will get a bogus book or none at all.

up to you .. but i would not .. unless you want headaches..but then to be fair i would NOT buy a Harley.

all plated.

http://www.pattayasu...k_%20Yamaha.htm

I bookmark your link, if you know any other site that sells only plated choppers and big bikes don't hesitate to send me a link. I will maybe make an offer for one of those.

all plated.

http://www.pattayasu...k_%20Yamaha.htm

I bookmark your link, if you know any other site that sells only plated choppers and big bikes don't hesitate to send me a link. I will maybe make an offer for one of those.

Strange,but why do i get the feeling that the OP has nothing to with not being able to buy a registered bike but only with money.

I also want to make a good deal, it's not only "buying bikes at any price and then loose money on the resale value".

At 450 000 it's a bad deal for a Sportster. No matter how you see it, it's way overpriced.

A thai shop is selling a 2011 Sportster for 300 000 baht but they don't have yet the green book, they are asking 50 000 baht for it but i believe it's a scam at that price as i readed the forum and the price should be more like 80 000 baht for the book of this harley model.

I also want to make a good deal, it's not only "buying bikes at any price and then loose money on the resale value".

At 450 000 it's a bad deal for a Sportster. No matter how you see it, it's way overpriced.

A thai shop is selling a 2011 Sportster for 300 000 baht but they don't have yet the green book, they are asking 50 000 baht for it but i believe it's a scam at that price as i readed the forum and the price should be more like 80 000 baht for the book of this harley model.

So 300.000 Baht for an illegal bike that can you can lose at the first road check is a fair price?

By the way I don't think that you still can get a bike legally registered for 80.000 these days.More like 100.000 up.

That depends on how many middle mens you are paying to get it done. The Sportster with the green book should be under 400 000 baht, even if it's only 1 year old. The price of the new is 560 000 baht at the dealer with a guarantee and all the papers.

That depends on how many middle mens you are paying to get it done. The Sportster with the green book should be under 400 000 baht, even if it's only 1 year old. The price of the new is 560 000 baht at the dealer with a guarantee and all the papers.

Well if you consider a road legal bike in Thailand to lose 30% of it's value in a year,I suggest you stay in your dreamworld and keep buying bike magazines.

It's the "second hand lose value", not the "lose value in 1 year thing".

There is a limit between the second hand and the new price, i don't know much people that would be ok to pay less than "30% lose value" for a second hand bike, no matter if it's 1 year old, 6 month or 1 week.

If i had 440 000 baht for my bike i would prefer to wait and buy a new one for 560 000 baht. That's all. But under 400K the deal it's ok if the bike is not too old, and then per year the "lose value" is pretty minimal, a 2005 Sportster will sell at the same price of a 2008 in this market (if the condition of the bikes are "same same").

If you want to buy a Sportster get a 1200 cc, the 883 lacks power. The 48 and Nightster are very high on my wish list. The 48 is extremely cool looking but not very practical, but never mind about that, he-he.

If I ever buy a big bike again I would love to get something like that and also newer than 2006 in order to get FI.

where did you get that price from?????

also check here..

http://hd-playground.com/v4/home.php

http://hd-playground.com/smf/index.php/topic,43445.msg746009.html#new

Edited by thaicbr

where did you get that price from?????

also check here..

http://hd-playground.com/v4/home.php

http://hd-playground...746009.html#new

Thanks i will check that website with my google translator.

The 560 000 price is for the 883 model, it's the price at the harley shop. If the bike you mentionned at 440 000 it's the 1200 model, well, that's another thing. Anyway i will check that website now.

I can tell you something as a biker now. You're really disgusting. ..jap.gif

Edited by sirchai

I can tell you something as a biker now. You're really disgusting. ..jap.gif

Why is the OP disgusting??????????????????

You haven't looked hard enough. There are plenty of second hand legally plated Harley's for sale in Thailand, including Sportsters. Best of luck!

You haven't looked hard enough. There are plenty of second hand legally plated Harley's for sale in Thailand, including Sportsters. Best of luck!

That's what i said. I'm buying one with the green book.