Mazda Bt-50 Launched

Ordered a BT-50 hi racer AT today . Can pick it up tuesday .

Got a very good price for my 2004 sport cruiser Toyota (50k more than with Ford) .

Good salesman who knows what he's talking about , test drive = no problem .

Same day phone call to buy the Toyota for cash money .

And a lot of free goodies (insurance , gov tax , full tank , window tainting , 3 times free oil change , ect) .

A lot better than wait 3 months , a girl that don't know the answer to any of your questions , no testdrive ,

low price for your trade in and no extras at basicly the same price ( 874k Mazda , 869k Ford) .

Mazda is taking their business much more serious than Ford does in Thailand .

Salesman told me it's 85% Mazda BT-50 sales against 15% Ford Ranger sales in Thailand at the moment .

Most of the Fords made in Thailand are for export he told me . That's probably the reason for the waiting

time on Fords .

Have fun, you'll enjoy it.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered a BT-50 hi racer AT today . Can pick it up tuesday .

Wow they really have done away with wait times?

Was it because they had one that someone else decided not to buy?

It's all about the colour. There are plenty of those awful green ones in showrooms.

It's all about the colour. There are plenty of those awful green ones in showrooms.

They have Green? smile.png

All I have seen in CM is Black or White ones

They call it green, I think the colour chart name is "Christ, what did I eat last night septic teal"

• Like 1

^ Thats a good point.

What extras did everyone get with their car?

I'll admit I didn't push them at all.

I got tint, 3 years roadside assist, rego and first years insurance.

I got the same, plus useless floor mats and number plate holder and 10% off accessories ordered at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Been out today looking at the main Pickups on the market and have decided to go for the Mazda BT-50 2.2 MT at 746,000

I was only offered as a freebie one years free insurance, and after reading this thread i think that might be a bit stingy.

Can others tell me what should be the norm in free extras?

Been out today looking at the main Pickups on the market and have decided to go for the Mazda BT-50 2.2 MT at 746,000

I was only offered as a freebie one years free insurance, and after reading this thread i think that might be a bit stingy.

...unfortunately,there is NO norm...so it's up to your negotiation skills...I was there ones and I told them that on top of what they offer,I want the reverse sensors as well...and they said OK... wink.png

About a month ago, I took a test drive in that model in Chiang Mai. The salesman volunteered quite a lot. Bed liner, insurance, registration were the major ones.

That model doesn't have ABS or airbags, hence the cheap price compared to the Ford Ranger 2.2MT

I got free roadside for 3 years, free insurance, free mazda bedliner, three oil changes, free tint, free mazda rubber floor mats and 2,000 baht fuel and 3000 baht discount. I did buy the spare wheel lock too. Today was one week with my 4x4 and love it!

Edited by gosompoi

This is what I got with the 2.2L Auto model:

First class insurance

3M Tint

bed liner

Rubber floor mats

License plate frame

Paint overcoat

Rust overcoat

VIP discount Mazda parts

Emergency service 24 hrs.

Guarantree 3 yrs. or 100,000km.

This model already comes with reverse sensors.

Edited by mr3cho

Thanks for the advice, im ready to go back and fight my corner now haha

Now i just have to decide, black or gunmetal blue? and i just cannot make my mind up

Any thoughts?

Gunmetal looks great, black to too hot in the sun and shows dirt and scratches too easily.

This is what I got with the 2.2L Auto model:

First class insurance

3M Tint

bed liner

Rubber floor mats

License plate frame

Paint overcoat

Rust overcoat

VIP discount Mazda parts

Emergency service 24 hrs.

Guarantree 3 yrs. or 100,000km.

This model already comes with reverse sensors.

The parts in red are standard services already provided by Mazda HQ when you buy the car. What you really got from the dealer is the remainder (rust coat and paint coat are already very good and useful in themselves). But so far, nothing unusual.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone checked the underbelly of their BT50 or Ranger? I am starting to see rust on some parts on my BT50. Similar to this guy's Ranger. but this guy has it bad. These are images from the newrangerclub forum.

160706ip1q7fvf886p1d8f.jpg

16070248nb9wzz9z94ruw9.jpg

You sure it's not Chilli Orange highlighting? laugh.png

Edited by MESmith

I ordered mine the very end of Feb. They are only making 400 BT-50 Pro 3.2 4x4 for Thailand a year. I have had my 3.2 4x4 for two weeks, within the first week I have noticed heavy rust on front end suspension nuts. I will take pictures tomorrow.

Edited by gosompoi

I ordered mine the very end of Feb. They are only making 400 BT-50 Pro 3.2 4x4 for Thailand a year. I have had my 3.2 4x4 for two weeks, within the first week I have noticed heavy rust on front end suspension nuts. I will take pictures tomorrow.

Any photos mate?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.2 Ranger WT on order and a visit at Ford Pattaya yesterday revealed that they don't know when I can have the truck, but sometime next year. I have also several times asked Ford for a test drive in any Ranger model, but no, no test cars around.

Today we visited Mazda Pattaya and had a look at the 2.2 Hi-Racer auto to 874K bath and I must say I quite like the interior. I asked for a test drive and they said no problem as long as I can drive manual transmission, so off we went.

I am very impressed with the riding position and how quiet and nice the truck fells, good pull from the 2.2L Ford engine as well only thing I felt slightly bad (during a very short test drive) was a noisy vent fan at speed 3&4.

I like the gun metal blue on which there is a 2 month waiting time, 1 month for some other colors, I am not interested in. They don't take orders on 3.2L.

Freebies BT50: 1 year 1st class insurance, matts, window film, bed liner, no. plate frames.

Ranger WT freebies: Matts, window film (have bed liner already) and that's about it. Only free 1year 1st class insurance on XLT models.

Now my big dilemma is: should I cancel my WT 2.2 order and order a BT-50 (I can't take it before Jan 2013, due to work) or should I wait for the Chili WT I really like but haven't tried. We have a 2006 Honda City to technically we can wait, but you know how boys are waiting for Christmas presents, LOL.

I hope you guys are give me some inputs helping me make up my mind, thanks.

I will post this in Ranger forum as well.