Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Yeh! I just celebrated (bad word) the 40th anniversary of my 29the birthday! I'm on a strict seefood diet! If I see it I eat it and usually wash it down with a cold beer! The only time that I can see my feet since I had my hip replaced is when I bend over! I keep saying that I'm going to stop eating but I'd probably just drink more!

The worst bit for me is that I have a bad back anyway so cutting my toenails isn't easy and I have to go to the doctor and get him to trim the ingrowing one.

I have the cure for the both of you come and have a week at Chateau Fred with Mr's H/M doing all the cooking it'll turn you off food for life.

On second thoughts it'll turn you to drink so maybe not such a good idea.

H/M today has a choice starting with large prawns 'Shrimp AM' garlic butter, followed by either grilled pork steak apple sauce, or roast Chicken with roast spuds and veg what a dilemma not knowing what way to turn.

Fred.

H/M.

Bugger me it's just started to rain at least it'll put a stop from watering the plant's.

Mrs H/M will not allow H/M to use his farang kitchen so all the cooking is done in an upturned bucket next to the stables. Mind you there are some interesting smells and flavours around that area.

He has a fridge in every room but that is easy when you have only one room.

That is the first rain in 19 days. It only sprinkled up here. Enough to dampen the dust but that is it.

I'll have you know that I can use the kitchen all the cupboards are full, it's the cooker that cant be used have to use the Thai one in another room.

Mrs H/M orders that is correct and as she does all the cleaning not to mention is bigger than me I have had to bite the bullet and know my place, if something other than water or electric has to be done she the Boss well that's what I'm told as you have met and turned her down as your Mia Noi Bill you would know that she must be obeyed, or she will find a way to deal with you.

That reminds me I haven't told her yet that you turned her down without even a try out be she wont be impressed so next time your round for a coffee bring a taster with you.

Fred.

Forgot to put in that it peed down here yesterday lasted for 5/6 hours.

Edited by fredob43

Rained a little here last night and everything that get wet is black as sugar cane burning and harvesting season has started. Will be that way until Songkran. All has to be done before the migrant workers go home as it's all cut by hand. At peak it's a dirty, dusty and sometimes noisy 24/7 operation. One of the joys of living in the sticks but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Rained a little here last night and everything that get wet is black as sugar cane burning and harvesting season has started. Will be that way until Songkran. All has to be done before the migrant workers go home as it's all cut by hand. At peak it's a dirty, dusty and sometimes noisy 24/7 operation. One of the joys of living in the sticks but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Have had a few lorries carting the cane about over the last few week's but not a sign of any burning or black crap, don't get a lot here at the best of time's only hope that this year will be the same.

H/M.

Normally,they burn it here, usually at night, and I live in the "boonies" smack dab in the middle of hundreds of acres of sugar cane fields, a few, a very few, of them belong to us. (I know, American slang, not proper English). I will translate if you want but think that you get the gist! Once it starts in earnest its a 24/7 operation until it's all cut and delivered to the mill.

Right now the few that want money for the new year are cutting, but after the first it will be in full swing until Songkran. You don't leave laundry out at night and the hounds have to be bathed just about everyday as they just love to run and play in the newly cut field in the morning dew! But, for me, the benefits of living here far outweigh the negative issues, such as loss of electric, internet and telephone due to downed lines from overloaded trucks.

The new shopping centre near Sawan Park is going to be known as the Walk is going to have another Tesco as its anchor store, we live in hope it will not be a clown of the other 2, oh for a Big Mac!

Is it open all hours at Fred's place then?

The new shopping centre near Sawan Park is going to be known as the Walk is going to have another Tesco as its anchor store, we live in hope it will not be a clown of the other 2, oh for a Big Mac!

Nice to see you back David and less of the Fred if you don't mind others colonist's etc might get above their station.

Talking of open all hour's, I see that after 3 years N/S has at last got it's bridge open been closed because it was a bit rubbishy 'read unsafe' so the story go's in the BKK Post today. Didn't they make a film about that a bridge to crappy or something like that???

Why wasn't it sorted before you may well ask lack of monies is the answer, seems they can keep opening stores willy nilly to increase the fume belching motor's/lorries that abound their anyway, but when it come's to getting the hoard's of traffic flowing it's a no no.

Why hasn't there been any report from the locals about this major C@ck up I ask myself, come on then come out of the closet you lot update's sharpish.

We have had a major road work's on the 115 now all finished and I might add a really good job they have made of it. But then again they would as K.P.P is a World Heritage City and other than it's football team possibly the best place to live in Thailand allegedly.

Out dining tonight alfresco as normal Delish, temp: was on arriving home 72f I don't know why but everyone at the restaurant except for H/M had long warm slack's and coat's even the cooks, waitresses, some of the tables had fire's Barbie type thing's next to them.

What it's going to be like at Mike's on Christmas night if all his sexy young waiting staff are going to be covered up I don't know.

H/M has now got his new Santa hat sorted care of Big C and I can assure you H/M shall be on good form twiddling his tinsel.

While I'm at it Happy Christmas and a good new Year to all of you, even the lower classes.

H/M.

Fred but only to the locals.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Nice to see you back David and less of the Fred if you don't mind others colonist's etc might get above their station.

Talking of open all hour's, I see that after 3 years N/S has at last got it's bridge open been closed because it was a bit rubbishy 'read unsafe' so the story go's in the BKK Post today. Didn't they make a film about that a bridge to crappy or something like that???

Why wasn't it sorted before you may well ask lack of monies is the answer, seems they can keep opening stores willy nilly to increase the fume belching motor's/lorries that abound their anyway, but when it come's to getting the hoard's of traffic flowing it's a no no.

Why hasn't there been any report from the locals about this major C@ck up I ask myself, come on then come out of the closet you lot update's sharpish.

We have had a major road work's on the 115 now all finished and I might add a really good job they have made of it. But then again they would as K.P.P is a World Heritage City and other than it's football team possibly the best place to live in Thailand allegedly.

Out dining tonight alfresco as normal Delish, temp: was on arriving home 72f I don't know why but everyone at the restaurant except for H/M had long warm slack's and coat's even the cooks, waitresses, some of the tables had fire's Barbie type thing's next to them.

What it's going to be like at Mike's on Christmas night if all his sexy young waiting staff are going to be covered up I don't know.

H/M has now got his new Santa hat sorted care of Big C and I can assure you H/M shall be on good form twiddling his tinsel.

While I'm at it Happy Christmas and a good new Year to all of you, even the lower classes.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

This new road surface in Kippers, I guess to keep it authentic for a World Hermitage site it must be cobble stone surface, thought as much, still got horse and carts up there in the land that time forgot.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

This new road surface in Kippers, I guess to keep it authentic for a World Hermitage site it must be cobble stone surface, thought as much, still got horse and carts up there in the land that time forgot.
The road that's been sorted is the By-Pass 115 to Phichet was a bit cramped at the light's two 'set's' so they have widened same with a designated left turn ditto right with new Flower bed's in between and not a cobble in sight. What this does is let the SMALL amount of traffic we have here flow more easily. Unlike it seems N/S they just block the Soi's with yet more cement lories.

Sometime towards the end of January H/M has got to go to N/S for his visa so I shall be giving my UN-BIAS report on same. I wouldn't normally bother but I feel everyone that has to travel through the Buddha forsaken place should keep updated with the crappy situation that abounds there most of the time.

Sorry to all for the delay but it seems that the locals are keeping all of us in the dark or smog about what's going on there.

None to warm this morning even had to put a shirt on when I had my tea on the patio. Mrs H/M did offer to warm me up but sorry to say had to turn her kind offer down out of hand.

H/M.

Today we have reports of frost on the grass in the Heavenly City and it has certainly turned a bit parky these last few days, today is the shortest day of the year so now the sun is heading back north from tomorrow and a bit more daylight as well.

I expect the HM has been under the table the last few days and nights as his beloved football team managed to beat the rudderless Spurs.

Today we have reports of frost on the grass in the Heavenly City and it has certainly turned a bit parky these last few days, today is the shortest day of the year so now the sun is heading back north from tomorrow and a bit more daylight as well.

I expect the HM has been under the table the last few days and nights as his beloved football team managed to beat the rudderless Spurs.

Got those bloody MU peep's tonight at 10pm, H/M will be watching of cause on CTH have you lot got CTH down there or hasn't it arrived yet. Please don't tell me you only have true vision or the Thai crap.

Will be at Mike's bar and restaurant tonight before hand for the odd German beer as you do well I do.

Still cold around 62f at 7am today. Talking of daylight it never got light before 7,30am pitch black at 4,30pm when I left Blighty.

H/M.

We should all be thankful that we live ware we live. Just had a chat with a friend of mine who lives in Phetchabun, cold is not the word he has two duvet on the bed + other blanket's hot water bottles, and he's still cold at night.

Long slacks jumpers coats. Fire's outside the house and the wife is doing the cooking on a Barbie in the sun as the set up in the house is to cold to work in.

He was in a bar yesterday and the temp: was 62f 14c and the sun was still out going lower all the time sound's just the thing What.

H/M.

We should all be thankful that we live ware we live. Just had a chat with a friend of mine who lives in Phetchabun, cold is not the word he has two duvet on the bed + other blanket's hot water bottles, and he's still cold at night.

Long slacks jumpers coats. Fire's outside the house and the wife is doing the cooking on a Barbie in the sun as the set up in the house is to cold to work in.

He was in a bar yesterday and the temp: was 62f 14c and the sun was still out going lower all the time sound's just the thing What.

H/M.

Wimps the lot of you.

I do admit to putting a shirt on yesterday and today but it WAS 13C outside at 6am and 19 in the house. I still only have a single blanket on my bed, no hotties, bottled or otherwise.

Having worked inside the artic circle in Northern Norway in March during my time in the RAF (pull up a sandbag son and I will tell you a desert story) and Kuwait in the summer as a civilian I must admit to preferring it cooler rather than hotter.

• Like 1

H/M.

Wimps the lot of you.

I do admit to putting a shirt on yesterday and today but it WAS 13C outside at 6am and 19 in the house. I still only have a single blanket on my bed, no hotties, bottled or otherwise.

Having worked inside the artic circle in Northern Norway in March during my time in the RAF (pull up a sandbag son and I will tell you a desert story) and Kuwait in the summer as a civilian I must admit to preferring it cooler rather than hotter.

We're still using the ac. Yesterday it was 9 degrees and rose to a heavenly temperature of 22 C. Looking forward to breaking the ice on the lake and taking a skinny dip after our sauna. Interspersed by a lashing with birch twigs of course.

Jerry

• Like 1

H/M.

Wimps the lot of you.

We're still using the ac. Yesterday it was 9 degrees and rose to a heavenly temperature of 22 C. Looking forward to breaking the ice on the lake and taking a skinny dip after our sauna. Interspersed by a lashing with birch twigs of course.

Jerry

Thinks to himself. What strange people. Sort of a cross between a walrus and a masochist.

Wimps the lot of you.

Jerry

Thinks to himself. What strange people. Sort of a cross between a walrus and a masochist.

Next comes speaking to ones-self, a little disconcerting to some, but at least you can have decent conversations.

Having recently seen a photo of myself on a Thruxton, you could be right about the stature.

A more lithe frame was needed. The bike was okay though.

As far as pain goes, I think it is far better to give than to receive. Maybe thats an indication of my generosity.

Jerry

Wimps the lot of you.

Jerry

Next comes speaking to ones-self, a little disconcerting to some, but at least you can have decent conversations.

Having recently seen a photo of myself on a Thruxton, you could be right about the stature.

A more lithe frame was needed. The bike was okay though.

As far as pain goes, I think it is far better to give than to receive. Maybe thats an indication of my generosity.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

You are right about the conversations but at least I win AND get the last word in an arguement.

I have a Honda Phantom as it suits my "tall portly" body size and it is fairly comfortable to ride as well.

About 3 years ago I went BKK and back in the same day about 800 km. An early start and a look at a Yamaha Virago 535 then the return.

A great ride down and a love sunny day. Coming back through Nakhon Sawan I could see the thunder and lightning storm ahead and that was fantastic, until I got to Salok Bat. By then it was dark and the rain simply pissed down. Nothing slowed down on the road except me and I was soaked through in a couple of minutes and dodging trucks, cars and the odd trees in the motor cycle lane. The Phantom never missed a beat.

For 3 days afterwards I walked like a cowboy without a horse.

I also agree about being the pain giver though the odd times I mention it to her, my wife gets a strange look in her eyes and starts to sharpen all the knives in the kitchen. The conversation drops dead about then for some reason.

Bill,

I saw a Google Streetview car this morning in rural Kamphaeng Phet, heading towards Khlong Lan.

Let's hope the pictures come out well, although there is not much to look at out here.

Geoff

Hi Geoff

There is me and I am Hansum man and I reckon that the scenery around here is a lot better looking than some scabby back sois I have been in.

Parties are just about now and have just been to the hospital for the annual MOT and got a clean bill of health, the x ray of the lungs showed no traces of any of the fumes that are peddled by country yokels from over the border, it seems that most of machines that perform a good impression of a steam engine are in fact from over the border in HeritageLand, the machines certainly fall into this category, some do not even have doors or windows which does not help either!

The new Tesco/Index shopping mall continues to progress adjacent to Sawan Park but no date of opening has yet been released, we just hope that the Colonel is replaced by Ronnie, the last thing we want is halo fat swirling over the park.

See WHU are at Forest today, more bad news for all East Enders what!

Edited by nong38

The new Tesco/Index shopping mall continues to progress adjacent to Sawan Park but no date of opening has yet been released

Aka The Walk. Maybe 13/2/2557 ?

http://www.izekimo.com/

สนใจเป็นเจ้าของร้าน izekimo สาขา The Walk จ.นครสวรรค์ เปิด 13 กุมภาพันธ์ 2557 รายละเอียดเพิ่มเติม ติดต่อ 083-3891688 คุณเอก

Parties are just about now and have just been to the hospital for the annual MOT and got a clean bill of health, the x ray of the lungs showed no traces of any of the fumes that are peddled by country yokels from over the border, it seems that most of machines that perform a good impression of a steam engine are in fact from over the border in HeritageLand, the machines certainly fall into this category, some do not even have doors or windows which does not help either!

The new Tesco/Index shopping mall continues to progress adjacent to Sawan Park but no date of opening has yet been released, we just hope that the Colonel is replaced by Ronnie, the last thing we want is halo fat swirling over the park.

See WHU are at Forest today, more bad news for all East Enders what!

WHU are playing in the wee small hour's channel 7 shall H/M be watching well no. Just about had enough of them loosing, talking of loosing I see that us Brit's have been buggered by those bloody Australian 5/0 no less a whitewash not to good being a Brit at the moment.

While you mob are musing over if you will get a big Mac or some greasy Chicken H/M has been to the opening of the new flagship restaurant in BKK from Harrods and very good it was to, believe it or not cheap well cheapish for what you get, R/Beef with all the trimming's at around 500bt and it was delish with excellent Beef. Service top notch,

If the mob in BKK doesn't burn it down and your passing well worth a detour.

I don't like to boast but they did ask me if I could open it, had to decline as had to be present at the Hunt Ball that day.

H/M shall be passing through N/S tomorrow will give my view of how thing's are later that's if on my return I can catch my breath, and don't have to many coughing fits.

Glad to hear that you got a clean bill of health Dave at least some good news for us Brit's at last.

H/M will be orf to Pattaya for a few days on or around the 13th till about the 18th, not for a holiday like some peep's, going sea fishing with the upper class lad's from up here. Only going fishing 1 day but as peep's would know if you had been there angling it can take a lot out of you and will need the other few day's to get over it. That's what I've told Mrs H/M anyway, well something like that.

Thanks for the update from your resident snapper H/P they look delish then I thought of how Thai Strawberries taste rubbish at the best of time so might/will give it a miss if you don't mind.

Stand by for the next un-bias report on N/S to follow shortly.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

No need to go near the water, I heard that shellfish are in season on walking street! Would like to try Harrods but don't think I can get in with buckskins and a "Davey (not David) Crockett" hat!

No need to go near the water, I heard that shellfish are in season on walking street! Would like to try Harrods but don't think I can get in with buckskins and a "Davey (not David) Crockett" hat!

No your right not a chance of getting in unless you English of cause, anyway they don't serve RIZZODO it's all English stuff and bloody nice it was too.

H/M went to N/S today as stated and the trip was fine well till I got to the your just leaving K.P.Phet province (try and make it through the next bit sign) when the Sh/t hit the fan, when I can only ask are you mob going to sort out the road's there pot hole every ware at best pore, worst drive on the hard shoulder.

On entering N/S H/M also noticed that the verges in the centre of the main road hadn't been watered and everything was a shade of Brown, that's if you could see it through the Plastic bag's bottles and general flotsam and jetsam that abounds.

Liked the snake thing that's at the base of the clock (Still telling the wrong time) but does add a bit of colour (color AM) to the general drab look of the place.

What are they doing blocking orf the cross road's right and left just before the bridge yet another b/ll's up if you ask me.

As we turned right at Big C H/M also took note of the many blocking the pavement (Side walks AM) place's selling the petrol pork and delish they looked too albeit a trite grubby.

Then it was time for the real reason for going there that was to get Mrs H/M a new sewing machine. Right where do we have to go I asked the afore mentioned, 'Oh' you should have turned left at the bridge and not right 'don't you just love how Thai's navigate a U Turn proceeded and then we had to sort out the not going strait across bit that led to yet more confusion until I stopped and took control of the directions. Eventually we found the place and got thing's sorted. I know what's going through all your mind's he had to come to N/S as couldn't get what he wanted in K.P.P well I could it's just that they didn't have one in stock and it would have been several day's before the new one's arrived.

After sorting out the sewing thing we decided to get some food not going to Big C as the stuff they sell there is at best inedible, we trundled orf to a place not far from the Visa place owned by Burmese as luck would have it it was very nice and they also have a sign that say's they don't sell any contaminated pork (direction for same can be ascertained with the aid of a small back hander) Via H/M.

It was then time to travel home to the World Heritage City I must point out at this juncture that the roads going north are also rubbish till you get to the your now entering K.P.P province sign after that it's smooth sailing on roads you could play snooker on not to mention the tree's and foliage are all green and not the grey they are lower down.

I don't know if you lot have grasped the RIZZODO bit said in a American accent, but it's risotto H/M found out via a cooking program on CTH, along with the EEEEEB'S instead of herbs.

Note to self it's Davey and not David I consider myself told. Thanks for the tip about the shell FISH, talking of delish food Mrs H/M has just returned from the night food market with about 1/2 kg of cooked chicken's feet and she tucking into same with a big smile on her face as I tap. H/M is having roast pork with apple sauce roast spud's etc.

5/0 my favourite Numbers told you they were rubbish Dave.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

Edited by fredob43

No your right not a chance of getting in unless you English of cause, anyway they don't serve RIZZODO it's all English stuff and bloody nice it was too.

H/M went to N/S today as stated and the trip was fine well till I got to the your just leaving K.P.Phet province (try and make it through the next bit sign) when the Sh/t hit the fan, when I can only ask are you mob going to sort out the road's there pot hole every ware at best pore, worst drive on the hard shoulder.

On entering N/S H/M also noticed that the verges in the centre of the main road hadn't been watered and everything was a shade of Brown, that's if you could see it through the Plastic bag's bottles and general flotsam and jetsam that abounds.

Liked the snake thing that's at the base of the clock (Still telling the wrong time) but does add a bit of colour (color AM) to the general drab look of the place.

What are they doing blocking orf the cross road's right and left just before the bridge yet another b/ll's up if you ask me.

As we turned right at Big C H/M also took note of the many blocking the pavement (Side walks AM) place's selling the petrol pork and delish they looked too albeit a trite grubby.

Then it was time for the real reason for going there that was to get Mrs H/M a new sewing machine. Right where do we have to go I asked the afore mentioned, 'Oh' you should have turned left at the bridge and not right 'don't you just love how Thai's navigate a U Turn proceeded and then we had to sort out the not going strait across bit that led to yet more confusion until I stopped and took control of the directions. Eventually we found the place and got thing's sorted. I know what's going through all your mind's he had to come to N/S as couldn't get what he wanted in K.P.P well I could it's just that they didn't have one in stock and it would have been several day's before the new one's arrived.

After sorting out the sewing thing we decided to get some food not going to Big C as the stuff they sell there is at best inedible, we trundled orf to a place not far from the Visa place owned by Burmese as luck would have it it was very nice and they also have a sign that say's they don't sell any contaminated pork (direction for same can be ascertained with the aid of a small back hander) Via H/M.

It was then time to travel home to the World Heritage City I must point out at this juncture that the roads going north are also rubbish till you get to the your now entering K.P.P province sign after that it's smooth sailing on roads you could play snooker on not to mention the tree's and foliage are all green and not the grey they are lower down.

I don't know if you lot have grasped the RIZZODO bit said in a American accent, but it's risotto H/M found out via a cooking program on CTH, along with the EEEEEB'S instead of herbs.

Note to self it's Davey and not David I consider myself told. Thanks for the tip about the shell FISH, talking of delish food Mrs H/M has just returned from the night food market with about 1/2 kg of cooked chicken's feet and she tucking into same with a big smile on her face as I tap. H/M is having roast pork with apple sauce roast spud's etc.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

What a load of rubbish you write.

This is how to dot it.

Motored down to the Heavenly city, got the wife's sewing machine sorted out ( as KPP cannot) got some top notch food and tootled orf home! 5-0 5 bloody-0!

See how much time you would saved?

Life is good in Nakhon Sawan, go with the flow, enjoy yourself and of course, we do have a first rate Immigration Office.

H/M.

K.P.PHET.

W/H CITY.

What a load of rubbish you write.

This is how to dot it.

Motored down to the Heavenly city, got the wife's sewing machine sorted out ( as KPP cannot) got some top notch food and tootled orf home! 5-0 5 bloody-0!

See how much time you would saved?

Life is good in Nakhon Sawan, go with the flow, enjoy yourself and of course, we do have a first rate Immigration Office.

H/M did dot it if Id have given a full report I would still be tapping.

Heavenly city !!! yes must admit that the visa office isn't half bad, not to good today when I went in though, just to make sure that I have the up to date info on what's required when I do my report in a month or two, it was full and I mean FULL over flowing at the seams in fact with Burmese doing there visa's the pore young ladies were pulling their hair out.

Update on Sewing thingy we could have waited but as H/M will be away FISHING when it arrived here thought that it would be a good thing to get her a pressy to soften the blow.

Just been watching the travel program on CTH about traveling down route or is that rout??? 66 in America and they stopped at Ted Brewes place that sold frozen CUSTARD turns out that it was ice cream I ask you why would you call ice cream Custard. Maybe the colonial could answer that.

I did watch the last half of the game last night and we were bloody lucky to only have lost by the mere 5 goals, the BKK post said it was on at 1.30am and it turned out that it was on a lot earlier, only found out as was watching Sky news and they gave the football result's out and we were down 1/0 at half time so H/M switched over to channel 7 to see the final half at least I did see 4 goals what made it worse was that it was in H/D. Cant see Sam lasting much longer.

And just to round orf my 24 hour's of gloom I had to travel to N/S "heavenly city" icing on the cake so to speak.

H/M.

You know the rest.

Edited by fredob43