Staying At Hotels

Some may think that I am a bit worried about my new bike !!

Just wondering what you guys do for security when you stay at hotels around Thailand. Are there any 'bike friendly' hotels that have secure parking, or do you simply park it in a very visible location (in front of reception) ? Any tips ?

Unsuccessfully tried a search for the like in this forum, so I'd be grateful if people can list the hotels that they have stayed at with their motorcycles, for Chiang Mai, Lamphun, Pattaya and Rayong (to start with!)

Thanks, in advance

just stay at the 24hr short time hotels (they are everywhere) all ground floor from 500-700b a night (200B + FOR 3 HOURS. put ya bike in the room with ya. sorted biggrin.png

PS: STOP WORRYING SO MUCH. ya blood pressure will go through the roof.

Edited by thaicbr

Stay in decent hotels with covered parking and 24 hour security. Tip the security guard(s) and sleep well knowing that the chances of anyone making off with your rare and very difficult to sell or chop bike are very slim. Finally, make sure you have decent insurance, just in case :)

• Like 1

Only time I ever got worried was turning up back at my hotel in Mae Sai to find my bike no longer outside. Woke the sleeping security guard up to find he had moved it into reception.

Top North Hotel Chiang Mai has bike parking away from sight. I don't put allot of trust in security guards on site in Thailand as most times at night when you see them they are fast asleep however a brake lock and a position undercover away from street view is always best.

Your risk is relatively low depending on the type of bike .. the rarer the bike in Thailand the less demand for parts , the less incentive to steal .

Doesn't mean you should go get a Bimoto or an Aprilla but just be aware that a popular scooter probably has more risk of being stolen than say a Gixxer/ Fazer/ BMW 1200/ Honda Fireblade etc.

Some of the little guest houses I have stayed in such as in phitsanoluk/ sukhothai often will let you park your bike well inside their gated are and even near your room.

One tip is that if you have clutch and brake levers that have adjustable settings always check them every time in the morning as the goblins in the night sometimes fiddle... came out other day and some thai loon was sitting on my bike.. annoying.