New Pcx 150

tekinsel

anyone have an idea how much it would cost new for the pcx 150 in CM? Is it worth the price difference over the 125?

I have owned a 125 before but gave it away, considering purchasing a new bike.

Thanks.

You don't have a choice now if you want a new PCX , only 150cc available, and IMO the new model

is a great bike. i own both 125 and 150cc and find the new 150cc a smoother ride and acceleration

is smoother and quicker

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought one and absolutely love it!

Suprisingly good on fuel too, I'm getting around 40k/lt.

One complaint, there is a slight rattle in the front somewhere when I go over small bumps. When it's time for it's 1000km service I'll get them to look for it.

Not a major rattle, anyone else noticed a slight rattle in the front end?

any news on that rattle? I have it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Have asked all of the dealers in chiang mai that I know about (five or six) and can't get any of them to budge below 78,900 with no insurance included, but they give a helmet for the new pcx 150. I heard it was possibly as low as 68,000 in Bangkok. Anyone know what the recent price is?

Nat's Honda on Huay Kaew Road is 78,500 with insurance. This includes a 2000 baht voucher in case you want to change the seat. I changed the seat on mine but it still sucks. I need to find someone to put some padding in and even the seat out so I can slide forward and back easier. Does anyone know if there is anyone to do the work on the seat in the Huay Kaew Road area?

Nat's Honda on Huay Kaew Road is 78,500 with insurance. This includes a 2000 baht voucher in case you want to change the seat. I changed the seat on mine but it still sucks. I need to find someone to put some padding in and even the seat out so I can slide forward and back easier. Does anyone know if there is anyone to do the work on the seat in the Huay Kaew Road area?

Nat Motors is a very good dealer, fair, honest, easy to work with and some there do speak English

As for the seat, Some like and some don't For those who want a custom seat made how they like, the shop is just across the river. Sorry I do not know the Name. From the nike market, the road between McDonalds and Burger King head east. Next to River Market cross the river on the iron bridge, Turn right and only go a short distance past SP/rimpings and just before the Vespa classic dealer on the left (east) side is a seat shop. Tell them what you want, color etc and go have a coffee at Rimpings for an hour or so and it will be ready

I recently bought 4 New PCX at Mityon Pattaya (Pattaya Tai) and paid 74,000 baht each

Included

1. Tax

2.Government insurance

3. 2 helmets

4. Registration with number

I think now the supply has caught up with demand the price should drop

Edited by PoolHustler

I recently bought 4 New PCX at Mityon Pattaya (Pattaya Tai) and paid 74,000 baht each

Included

1. Tax

2.Government insurance

3. 2 helmets

I think now the supply has caught up with demand the price should drop

Thats a better price - well done.

I'm after one here on Samui ... a dealer just before the official Honda dealership in Nathon has a sign on his lot of 150's for sale at the front with a price of 74,000.

I didn't have time to check if that included:

1. Tax

2. Government insurance

*** How much do the above 3 actually cost ?

Got a feeling that this dealers price of 74,000bht, may not include all, as it sounds too cheap for Samui....

cheers

(PS: I can't get back over to Nathon for a few days to check myself)

Confirmed prices in Nathon yesterday ...

Dealer just before Honda in Nathon (same side of road) has 'em for 74,000bht including

1. Tax

2. Government insurance

3. Registration with number

4. 2 helmets, jacket and umbrella

Main Honda dealer in Nathon wanted 76,000bht (1 helmet only) - came down to 75,000bht after I told them the other dealers price ... wouldn't go down to 74k because they said they are the ones providing the 3years / 30,000km's warranty - free replacement and labour (I doubt it) and the other dealer didn't have any work-shop ...

- said it would could have one in either 3 colors ready in 1hour to go...

74-75k is not a bad price for Samui me thinks. Surat maybe 4,000 cheaper ... but could not be bothered doing the ferry hassle bit

Edited by buzz

Dealer just before Honda in Nathon (same side of road) has 'em for 74,000bht including

1. Tax

2. Government insurance

Main Honda dealer in Nathon wanted 76,000bht (1 helmet only) - came down to 75,000bht after I told them the other dealers price ... wouldn't go down to 74k because they said they are the ones providing the 3years / 30,000km's warranty - free replacement and labour (I doubt it) and the other dealer didn't have any work-shop ...

74-75k is not a bad price for Samui me thinks. Surat maybe 4,000 cheaper ... but could not be bothered doing the ferry hassle bit

After reading this this morning i checked out the Honda dealer in Maenam.... just to see where they were at on PCX 150.

77,000 baht... including one helmet, Tax and one year insurance...usually have had a jacket too.... whoopee! biggrin.png

This has been the first time I seen any in stock...

Nathon Honda has had them on and off for months. (Maenam had three, this morning in different colours).... I did forget to ask if any can be driven off or had to order....

I had two bikes from Maenam Honda, always found service to be very good.... thumbsup.gif

I am still dithering whether to move up from my modified 125 to the 150!!!

As for changing the seat hump, on Samui, that can be done for 300 or 400 baht at the foam shop, not far from Honda Maenam... including foam and cover (but cover colours a bit limited...wink.png .)

As for changing the seat hump, on Samui, that can be done for 300 or 400 baht at the foam shop, not far from Honda Maenam... including foam and cover (but cover colours a bit limited...wink.png .)

Thanks for that Jimmy...that hump has to go!

Thanks for that Jimmy...that hump has to go!

But be careful, the elevation in the seat for the pylon passenger needs to be moved back about 1 to 1.5 inches. Just getting rid of the hump doesn't solve the problem (at least not for someone 6' or taller).

Just for info in Pattaya area Mai Thai now selling new PCX 150 for 77000, all in, plus 2000 bahts worth of extra's as in disc lock, 2 helmets. Sourced from Honda main dealer in Bowin.

Rudy the guy in the shop made a fair point about a voltage metre showing when bikes battery is on its last legs as there is no kick start, and obviously can not be jumped started.

Anybody have any views on there usefulness before i shell out for one.

Just for info in Pattaya area Mai Thai now selling new PCX 150 for 77000, all in, plus 2000 bahts worth of extra's as in disc lock, 2 helmets. Sourced from Honda main dealer in Bowin.

Rudy the guy in the shop made a fair point about a voltage metre showing when bikes battery is on its last legs as there is no kick start, and obviously can not be jumped started.

The prices sure have come down since the initial release. They are now 75,000 at Sumet if anyone in the Bangkok area is interested. Includes tax, registration, third person insurance, Nippon helmet, and windbreaker. Optional theft and first class insurance policies also available.

The prices sure have come down since the initial release. They are now 75,000 at Sumet if anyone in the Bangkok area is interested. Includes tax, registration, third person insurance, Nippon helmet, and windbreaker. Optional theft and first class insurance policies also available.

As a matter of interest is it Honda who have reduced the prices or the dealers.

I was just in Mityon last week and asked about a new PCX. The lady sales rep said B73,000 for just the bike and B77,000 with tax, registration, insurance (not sure which ones; probably gov't insurance and 2 years theft), helmets, etc. So, Mityon and Mai Thai are about the same. Sumet looks to be a few thoudand Baht cheaper. I would bet that the Bowin Honda dealer will beat them all if you deal with him directly, as I expect that Mai Thai is taking a cut. The dealers' margin on the PCX has been reduced (supply and demand). Honda has not changed its price to the dealers. BTW, I met a guy at Big C in Pattaya that told me he had bought a new PCX 150 in Surin for B68,000 (just the bike, registration and government insurance B1000 extra), so the dealer's margin at B73,000 is still pretty good (they might disagree), but not as inflated as it was when the new PCX 150 first came out.

I was just in Mityon last week and asked about a new PCX. The lady sales rep said B73,000 for just the bike and B77,000 with tax, registration, insurance (not sure which ones; probably gov't insurance and 2 years theft), helmets, etc. So, Mityon and Mai Thai are about the same. Sumet looks to be a few thoudand Baht cheaper. I would bet that the Bowin Honda dealer will beat them all if you deal with him directly, as I expect that Mai Thai is taking a cut. The dealers' margin on the PCX has been reduced (supply and demand). Honda has not changed its price to the dealers. BTW, I met a guy at Big C in Pattaya that told me he had bought a new PCX 150 in Surin for B68,000 (just the bike, registration and government insurance B1000 extra), so the dealer's margin at B73,000 is still pretty good (they might disagree), but not as inflated as it was when the new PCX 150 first came out.

Well th edealrs amgin was cedrtainly good at 85,000. As an existing customer i hope Bowin have not dropped massively, not in my opinion a good way to market.

I like the idea of the voltage meter, and saw how they install it in the speedometer area where it is not blocking anything else. Nice.

Kind of wish it could toggle between a volt meter and a clock, but if it had a clock function then you'd need a stem through the plastic for setting the clock.

How are the batteries holding up on these PCX's? I rode one last week, liked it, and liked the Idle-Stop feature. But I also noticed that when stopped at a traffic light and Idle-Stop kicks in, the headlights remain on. Is that creating any long-term battery issues?

And finally, while we're on it, what does a battery for a PCX cost?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Incidentally, on that rental PCX150 I had in Pattaya last week, I did get it out on the highway going to Rayong to test top speed with a GPS.

I got on a level area of road and opened it up to flank speed. Speedometer was indicating about 105 km/h. GPS was showing 94 km/h. It peaked at around 97 on a slight down-slope, but 94 seemed to be the true-level maximum speed for me. I'm a big guy (125 kg.)

Thought (from reading here) it would do faster, but actually I'm okay with that. If I have any highway driving of any significance, maintaining a GPS 80 is a nice comfortable pace.

Acceleration on this bike is impressive. Is it good for doing wheelies? laugh.png

I got exactly the same deal from the main Honda dealer here in Samui a week or so ago ...

I always thought bike prices in general here on Samui are higher than other places, but it seems not so bad now ... (prob a bit cheaper than 75k in Surat, but u have to spend money to go & come back, so not much difference in the end) thumbsup.gif

1. Tax

2. Government insurance

After reading this this morning i checked out the Honda dealer in Maenam.... just to see where they were at on PCX 150.

77,000 baht... including one helmet, Tax and one year insurance...usually have had a jacket too.... whoopee! biggrin.png

Nathon Honda has had them on and off for months. (Maenam had three, this morning in different colours).... I did forget to ask if any can be driven off or had to order....

I had two bikes from Maenam Honda, always found service to be very good.... thumbsup.gif

Hey Jimmy, any chance you can post a pic or two of yr seat from the shop in Maenam ?

300-400bht seems very cheap - price in Pattaya much more exxy...

"The seat cost 3000 baht from MaiThai in Pattaya they have dozens of designs and colours, feels very comfortable, The shop is on Soi Bua Khao on the left side as you drive from Pattaya Thai before LK

http://maithai-motorbikes.com/

- just bought one for 3.300 THB there , kept the original one(if not THB 400 discount)"

1. Tax

2. Government insurance

Hey Jimmy, any chance you can post a pic or two of yr seat from the shop in Maenam ?

300-400bht seems very cheap - price in Pattaya much more exxy...

"The seat cost 3000 baht from MaiThai in Pattaya they have dozens of designs and colours, feels very comfortable, The shop is on Soi Bua Khao on the left side as you drive from Pattaya Thai before LK

http://maithai-motorbikes.com/

- just bought one for 3.300 THB there , kept the original one(if not THB 400 discount)"

Ha ha.... I have to laugh when every one says everything more expensive on Samui... biggrin.png ...obviously not! wink.png

I have posted pics before, some where in one of the 125 threads, but cannot find so here is a set of new pics (which I just took ...)

It's not a difficult job, the hump is only screwed in.... The guy rough molded the new foam and used a special glue to attach to original foam.... initially and then after sitting on it, carved out to fit the "royal bum" wink.pngthumbsup.gif ... my second long trip on the bike was much more comfortable. smile.png

All it involves is some new heavy foam, not the soft stuff, some glue, and staples to attach vinyl sheet, to the plastic base which remains the same... Certainly no where neat 3000 baht in material! I've read some people have paid 1500 baht....and thought that was too much!

Whether a 125 or 150 PCX I can't see there would be any difference.... It sounds like they gave you a complete new plastic base??? ummm .... that was not necessary....IMHO!

The pad on the Shad box cost about 100 baht... another simple process... piece of plywood, soft foam and stitched vinyl and four screws!

post-85461-0-27579800-1349613581_thumb.j

post-85461-0-09290400-1349613585_thumb.j

post-85461-0-33421800-1349613592_thumb.j

Edited by samuijimmy

just bought one for 3.300 THB there , kept the original one(if not THB 400 discount)"

If you are in Bangkok or Pattaya, and you want a new seat for your PCX, the place to go is Noi Wat Dan 24 or Kan Wat Dan, which is right across the street. That is where Mai Thai gets his seats made and then triples the price. Check out http://www.noiwatdan.com. There are dozens of seat pictures on his site. If you take your seat to him and he reshapes and recovers it, the price is B1200, and not B3300. After he has reshaped it and added new foam, he brings it out for you to sit on and try. If it is ok, then he puts on the new cover. Lots of cover materials and colors to choose from. Noi and Kan are about 4 km from the Bearing BTS station, and any motorbike taxi can take you there. Really great places. Noi is closed on Thursdays. Noi did 2 PCX seats for me last month. Both Noi and Kan are highly recommended.

Thanks for your reply Jimmy ...

(I was just quoting another poster who bought fm MaiThai in Pattaya - I haven't replaced mine yet)

Also thanks for your reply Thailaw - learn something everyday - I like those ones, and at 1,200bht, right on the money !

I have posted pics before, some where in one of the 125 threads, but cannot find so here is a set of new pics (which I just took ...)

It's not a difficult job, the hump is only screwed in.... The guy rough molded the new foam and used a special glue to attach to original foam.... initially and then after sitting on it, carved out to fit the "royal bum" wink.pngthumbsup.gif ... my second long trip on the bike was much more comfortable. smile.png

All it involves is some new heavy foam, not the soft stuff, some glue, and staples to attach vinyl sheet, to the plastic base which remains the same... Certainly no where neat 3000 baht in material! I've read some people have paid 1500 baht....and thought that was too much!

Whether a 125 or 150 PCX I can't see there would be any difference.... It sounds like they gave you a complete new plastic base??? ummm .... that was not necessary....IMHO!

The pad on the Shad box cost about 100 baht... another simple process... piece of plywood, soft foam and stitched vinyl and four screws!

No offense intended, but the seat on your PCX looks like it cost B300. If I had a 10 year old Honda Wave, maybe the seat you show would be acceptable. But on a relatively new "upper end" motorbike, I think most people want something that is comfortable and also looks good on the bike, and not just a shiny plastic slab. Noi's and Kan's seats are in a whole different league than the ones done by the local seat recoverer for the beaten up motorbike taxis. B3300 is indeed too much, but for what Noi and Kan provide, B1200 is a steal. Here is what Noi did for me. Both seats are great, but the one in the foreground is more comfortable, at least to me. And the red stiching on the black seat is a nice touch. Again, highly recommended. I expect that they can supply long distance, since they ship seats all over Asia.

post-44514-0-85981200-1349663403_thumb.j

No offense intended, but the seat on your PCX looks like it cost B300. If I had a 10 year old Honda Wave, maybe the seat you show would be acceptable. But on a relatively new "upper end" motorbike, I think most people want something that is comfortable and also looks good on the bike, and not just a shiny plastic slab. Noi's and Kan's seats are in a whole different league than the ones done by the local seat recoverer for the beaten up motorbike taxis. B3300 is indeed too much, but for what Noi and Kan provide, B1200 is a steal. Here is what Noi did for me. Both seats are great, but the one in the foreground is more comfortable, at least to me. And the red stiching on the black seat is a nice touch. Again, highly recommended. I expect that they can supply long distance, since they ship seats all over Asia.

Well to each his own, but with your seat I see the same problem of not being able to slide back, which makes it the same problem as having the original hump, so hard to have a nice ride especially on long distance runs. It suits me fine, thank you!

Plus I can get three kids on there which I sometimes need to do...

Considering my seat is well over two years old now, I think it has held up well... The base plastic molding is the original, so it no different than what was there except for the foam and vinyl on top......had the opportunity to mold the seat as needed... You cannot do that by ordering a stock item even if custom made and you are not there...

The fact that the picture was taken with flash in the dark, last night does not enhance the look, which is actually fine...IMHO

If I was to get a PCX 150 I would do the same.... Practicality and my comfort, rather than keeping up with the Jones' wink.png

Well to each his own, but with your seat I see the same problem of not being able to slide back, which makes it the same problem as having the original hump, so hard to have a nice ride especially on long distance runs. It suits me fine, thank you!

Considering my seat is well over two years old now, I think it has held up well... The base plastic molding is the original, so it no different than what was there except for the foam and vinyl on top......had the opportunity to mold the seat as needed... You cannot do that by ordering a stock item even if custom made and you are not there...

The fact that the picture was taken with flash in the dark, last night does not enhance the look, which is actually fine...IMHO

If I was to get a PCX 150 I would do the same.... Practicality and my comfort, rather than keeping up with the Jones' wink.png

Just one point to be careful about when sliding back. Depending on your weight, sliding too far back in the seat can unbalance the bike. I once rode a bit on the "back" seat (before removing the hump) and the front of the bike was very unstable as most of the weight was over the back and the front was slightly lifted (though still in contact with the ground of course)

do you really put 3 kids on a motor bike?

do you really put 3 kids on a motor bike?

If mama can't make it to skool, to pick em up, sometimes, yes, only a short trip 1.5 kms on a quiet road, I would not do on main road!!!! ... but I make them wear helmets, which they hate doing...wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

"Well to each his own, but with your seat I see the same problem of not being able to slide back, which makes it the same problem as having the original hump, so hard to have a nice ride especially on long distance runs. It suits me fine, thank you!

If I was to get a PCX 150 I would do the same.... Practicality and my comfort, rather than keeping up with the Jones' wink.png"

As you say, "to each his own". If you're happy with that seat, its fine for you. I wouldn't be, and I am not in any way trying to keep up with the Shinawatras, the Vejjajivas or the Jones. My point was only that when you say "all it involves is some new heavy foam, not the soft stuff, some glue, and staples to attach vinyl sheet, to the plastic base which remains the same..." that can be had for B300, you're not talking about the materials and labor in one of Noi's seats. There is a lot more cost of materials and labor than could ever be bought for B300 (or even B1000). You're comparing apples and oranges (or an avocado with a banana). In my view, at B1200, Noi's seats are great value -- they look great (yes, that is important too), they are comfortable and the price is very reasonable -- what a PCX deserves (as do I). I agree that the seat on my PCX 125 doesn't allow the rider to slide back. The seat on my PCX 150, however, does. And I would take that one on long trips. .As for transporting 3 children on a motorbike, I hope that you will reconsider doing that.