New Pcx 150

tekinsel

I was in the GT Rider store today trying to buy a set of YSS with the XXL rating for my 150 PCX. They only had the XL model and the lady didn't seem interested in ordering the XXL in. Does anyone know of any other suppliers at a reasonable cost?

I am also looking for a black colored graphic decal kit for the PCX, I had one on my 125 PCX and spruced up the white painted sections.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the GT Rider store today trying to buy a set of YSS with the XXL rating for my 150 PCX. They only had the XL model and the lady didn't seem interested in ordering the XXL in. Does anyone know of any other suppliers at a reasonable cost?

I am also looking for a black colored graphic decal kit for the PCX, I had one on my 125 PCX and spruced up the white painted sections.

Mai Tai some times have them in, they had some about 3 weeks ago, i was in last week and they had gone. If Rudy's about he would order a set or maybe the staff would

I think you talked to the wrong person at GT Rider. if you talk to one of the sales guys, I am pretty sure that he can get you the XXLs quickly. Otherwise, the Mityon Honda shop on 3rd Road on the left going north, about 1 km before the old Exyte location should have them within B50 of the GT Ryder price (including installation), which is a much lower price than Mai Tai sells them. There is also a Thai bike repair shop on Pattaya Tai, almost across (100 meters west) from Tukcom that does a lot of work on PCXs. He sells them for about B4200.

GT Rider also sells the PCX decals. I got the black ones (the new ones are silver) there about 2 months ago, and they put them on for me for B90.

I think you talked to the wrong person at GT Rider. if you talk to one of the sales guys, I am pretty sure that he can get you the XXLs quickly. Otherwise, the Mityon Honda shop on 3rd Road on the left going north, about 1 km before the old Exyte location should have them within B50 of the GT Ryder price (including installation), which is a much lower price than Mai Tai sells them. There is also a Thai bike repair shop on Pattaya Tai, almost across (100 meters west) from Tukcom that does a lot of work on PCXs. He sells them for about B4200.

GT Rider also sells the PCX decals. I got the black ones (the new ones are silver) there about 2 months ago, and they put them on for me for B90.

Thanks for the informative reply Thailaw - GT rider said they ordered the decal package I wanted but it has not arrived yet. I will talk to another salesperson about ordering in the shocks - the young lady I talked with was helpful but seemed new, they had lots of YSS stock just none in the XXL rating. It's nice to have a well laid out motorcycle accessory store like GT Rider with decent staff that can communicate in english. Mai Thai is a bit on the expensive side and not as shopper friendly for parking, access and viewing parts. I tried the other Mityon at Soi Lengkee and 3rd road (near Soi Xcyte)but they seemed to quit carrying PCX parts (or were under renovations). Is GT Rider owned by Mityon, Mityon seems to send many people there? Last year I purchased PCX parts at Pattaya Tai and Soi Buakhao but that has closed down.

Edited by gerry53

Thanks for the informative reply Thailaw - GT rider said they ordered the decal package I wanted but it has not arrived yet. I will talk to another salesperson about ordering in the shocks - the young lady I talked with was helpful but seemed new, they had lots of YSS stock just none in the XXL rating. It's nice to have a well laid out motorcycle accessory store like GT Rider with decent staff that can communicate in english. Mai Thai is a bit on the expensive side and not as shopper friendly for parking, access and viewing parts. I tried the other Mityon at Soi Lengkee and 3rd road (near Soi Xcyte)but they seemed to quit carrying PCX parts (or were under renovations). Is GT Rider owned by Mityon, Mityon seems to send many people there? Last year I purchased PCX parts at Pattaya Tai and Soi Buakhao but that has closed down.

They are more expensive i must agree but they know what they are doing more so than the Mityon "Mechanics" but even they should be able to put some shocks on. As for the parking i never had a problem there's a whole street down the side of the shop.

I went back to GT Rider to find out what happened to the decals I had ordered, they said they had not gotten any shipments because they were not working (rice harvest) and to check back in another week?

I tried to order the YSS shocks in XXL and they claim they never carried them and cannot get them???? I mentioned others had purchased them here in XXL but to no avail. I talked to the guys and the ladies in the store and had my Thai lady with me so there was no communication problems.

I love the business ethics here, everything is very challenging!!!! I will try the other suggestions next.

Edited by gerry53

Madmax in bangkok has an extensive amount of pcx gear availible ,facebook and website is availible

Thanks for that, I am heading there Thursday.

Sorry you are having problems with GT Rider. They have always been pretty good for me. If you are headed to Bangkok, you might check out Likito. They have a website with contact information http://www.likito.com/. Their site has the YSS G-Euro shocks XXK for B3900.

YSSGRPCX -- โช๊คอัพหลัง YSS G-EURO For PCX

- G-EURO แบ่งเป็น 2 ขนาด ได้แก่

- SIZE XL สำหรับน้ำหนัก 70 - 90 Kg. มีสีสปริง CROM & RED

- SIZE XXL สำหรับน้ำหนัห 90 - 110 Kg. มีสีสปริง CROM

** ขดสปริงมีลักษณะเยื้องออกข้างเพื่อหลบยางในกรณี ใส่ล้อโต ยางใหญ่** B3900

From the map on their site, it looks like they are not far from Mo Chit.

I'll stop in GT Rider this week and try to see what is going on and get a name and number to contact.

Great site Thailaw and thank you. After looking at Likito and MadMax pricing I have been paying too much for accessories and convenience. thumbsup.gif

I stopped in GT Rider yesterday. As you said, they had the YSS G-Euro L (50-70 kg) and XL (70-90 kg) shocks., but no XLL shocks. They did have the YSS "G-Plus" shocks, which have a coil spring that looked much heavier than the XL model. The sales woman said that several large farang had purchased them recently for their PCXs. Perhaps the G-Plus model replaces the XXL model, not sure. There was no weight capacity on the box, so I could not tell if they were equivalent to the XXL model. The one problem that I noticed was that the side gas cylinder came down from the top rather than up from the bottom, as on the G-Euro model. I would want to ensure, before purchasing them that they could be installed on the PCX without modification (the Gazi shocks also have the cylinder coming down from the top, and some cutting is required to install them). If I was in the market for a shock upgrade for a PCX, I would definitely check out the YSS G-Plus shocks. The price was B3900. The saleswoman said that the YSS XXL model could be ordered, but "it would take a long time".

So, as usual, some questions that need answers. You can avoid these by getting the G-Euro XXL shocks at Likito in BKK.

I would want to ensure, before purchasing them that they could be installed on the PCX without modification

If I was in the market for a shock upgrade for a PCX, I would definitely check out the YSS G-Plus shocks. The price was B3900. The saleswoman said that the YSS XXL model could be ordered, but "it would take a long time".

If they were the same as below then this place says they're for the PCX 125/150 (3,700 Baht) :- http://www.kd-shop.com/store/product/view/SHOCK_YSS_G_PLUS-19657094-th.html

pc0061.jpg

I went into GT Rider again today. They had the PCX decal package but it was the silver colored one which would not look good on my white-red PCX with a custom back - red seat. They will reorder an old decals package again, should be in in 2 weeks.

Still only the YSS in XL ( no XXL ) but the guy selling these parts said XL would be big enough because the 90 kg rating was per shock for a 180 kg total. I questioned him with my Thai lady and he said restated it - I assumed the 90 kg weight rating was for the set of 2. I would have purchased them on the spot but I thought I would ask here and research it myself. Any comments?

The YSS G-Plus look good but I can't find a rating in KGs either. I only want to do this once and do it correctly the first time.

Who would have thought adding oversized shocks and a decal package to a new PCX would become a one month project with no resolution so far??

Edited by gerry53

Honda should be able to get you the decals you need in a couple of days, unless they are customized of course.

I tried numerous shops including a few Mityon with no luck. If you are aware of one that has the black PCX decals (stickers) please let me know. Thanks

I went into GT Rider again today. They had the PCX decal package but it was the silver colored one which would not look good on my white-red PCX with a custom back - red seat. They will reorder an old decals package again, should be in in 2 weeks.

Still only the YSS in XL ( no XXL ) but the guy selling these parts said XL would be big enough because the 90 kg rating was per shock for a 180 kg total. I questioned him with my Thai lady and he said restated it - I assumed the 90 kg weight rating was for the set of 2. I would have purchased them on the spot but I thought I would ask here and research it myself. Any comments?

The YSS G-Plus look good but I can't find a rating in KGs either. I only want to do this once and do it correctly the first time.

Who would have thought adding oversized shocks and a decal package to a new PCX would become a one month project with no resolution so far??

http://www.yss.co.th/ try contacting them direct i have in the past and got a fast responce. there is deffinatly a xxl i saw a set in Mai Tai a few weeks ago but they were gone when i went back. Again could not give a monkeys staff just gave it the "go already". If Rudy is about he would sort it but i saw the xxl on the shocks few days before. I went for the xl and they handle 170kg no problem. Pesronally when i am on my own the factory fitted shocks were fine but with a passsenger bottomed out a few times.

Honda should be able to get you the decals you need in a couple of days, unless they are customized of course.

I tried numerous shops including a few Mityon with no luck. If you are aware of one that has the black PCX decals (stickers) please let me know. Thanks

Hmm, well I have got stickers/decals from my local Honda dealer in Sukhumvit BKK many times for different bikes. As long as they are original stickers that came with the bike. (Are black PCX decals standard on any previous PCX?) They handed me a book containing the parts list of all previous honda models. Find the model that has the decals you want and order them. (even the stickers have part numbers) Mostly the dealers had them in stock already and if they didn't, I ordered them. It never took longer than 3 days to get them.

Hmm, well I have got stickers/decals from my local Honda dealer in Sukhumvit BKK many times for different bikes. As long as they are original stickers that came with the bike. (Are black PCX decals standard on any previous PCX?) They handed me a book containing the parts list of all previous honda models. Find the model that has the decals you want and order them. (even the stickers have part numbers) Mostly the dealers had them in stock already and if they didn't, I ordered them. It never took longer than 3 days to get them.

The previous decals I had for my 125 PCX were I think an aftermarket product (from Mityon) made specifically for the contours of the PCX. You must have a greater selection in BKK than we have in Pattaya area. Most shops are owned by Mityon here and each shop carry less parts and refer customers to GT rider (who I am trying to deal with).

They did get me the silver set but I want the black for contrast.

Edited by gerry53

• 3 weeks later...

post-71632-0-93429300-1355208443_thumb.j

I think the Tribal decal package helps to break up the white body and looks OK with the red plastic inserts. If I get fed up with the red it only costs 1500 baht to change over to black.

I got them from JRMotor - 450 baht. http://www.jrmotor.c...tomize-PCX.html

I finally ordered YSS shocks (G-Euro) in XXL from http://www.auto2speed.com/product_749594.749607.749719_th?lang=en

They seemed to be the only people around who could get the XXL rated ones. They should arrive this week.

Thanks

Edited by gerry53

We were a little out of Pattaya on a recent moonless night and it was dark. Discovered the high beam is......not as good as the low beam! sad.png

I noticed the same thing. I think the low beams are more important because it illuminates the potholes (and missing metal grates) and we all know there are far too many. On high beam you get a bit better distance but can't concentrate on the road surface right in front of you. Can you get larger bulbs for increased lighting without adding new external lights?

Can you get larger bulbs for increased lighting without adding new external lights?

Yes Gerry,

Xenon direct replacements same wattage so they don't effect the electrics but 50% more light. Doesn't change the pattern but does give more light. About 1500 baht or less.

They are usually, but don't have to be, blue

50b45_h4_60_55w_hid_xenon_super_31rYtiVOUKL.jpg

Be sure it is from a known manufacturer or at least says xenon on the box. If it too cheap it will simply be a blue bulb.

Hi Gerry53,

please let us know once you received the shocks and about the performance - considering to order too(Price/payment conditions?) Thanks

Cheers Jay

Hi MrJ,

Price quoted was 3990 baht for the G-Euro in XXL (up from 3900 listed). That included delivery charges from BKK to Pattaya. I paid with an online banking (K-Bank) transfer once they assured me they could get the XXL size. I almost got the G-Plus shocks but I could not find their rating in KGs. Some shops I talked with said the G-Plus was the Asian version of the G-Euro, which has already been successfully tested in the field by many PCX owners. I had emailed the YSS distributor for Thailand over 2 weeks ago to try to get answers but I got no response ??

I will post again once I have them installed and tested.

Can you get larger bulbs for increased lighting without adding new external lights?

Yes Gerry,

Xenon direct replacements same wattage so they don't effect the electrics but 50% more light. Doesn't change the pattern but does give more light. About 1500 baht or less.

They are usually, but don't have to be, blue

50b45_h4_60_55w_hid_xenon_super_31rYtiVOUKL.jpg

Be sure it is from a known manufacturer or at least says xenon on the box. If it too cheap it will simply be a blue bulb.

Thanks VocalNeal - I will check these out. I would rather spend the extra baht than T-Bone a water buffalo or car parked in the middle of the road with it's lights out!!! whistling.gif

I have some LED running lights I can fit. They are 6 bright white blue LEDs in a chrome housing. I have 2 pair...but I think one pair would be sufficient to light up the 20 metres ahead in conjunction with better headlight bulbs.