Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Thanks for posting this, Ron.

Brett Ratten seems to be finishing with his dignity intact.

I hope the fans show him some appreciation at the St Kilda game.

Full cedit to him and I hope the team does the right thing by him with a win.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crucial game for the Eagles tonight.

Win and they stay in the top 4 with a chance at the flag and, at least, two finals games to boost the coffers.

(They did beat the Hawks earlier in the season after failing to score in the first half)

Lose and they may well play Freo in an elimination final without having the full advantage of a home final.

(They did get a hiding from Freo a few weeks back. Freo always play above themselves in a derby)

With some top players back it could be a good game.

Crucial game for the Eagles tonight.

Win and they stay in the top 4 with a chance at the flag and, at least, two finals games to boost the coffers.

(They did beat the Hawks earlier in the season after failing to score in the first half)

Lose and they may well play Freo in an elimination final without having the full advantage of a home final.

(They did get a hiding from Freo a few weeks back. Freo always play above themselves in a derby)

With some top players back it could be a good game.

Leigh Matthews says that Freo should win by less than 10 goals. That way they will ensure they have a home final. http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8525423

This also depends on the game tonight. If West Coast wins then there will not be a chance of the local derby.

Austrlalian Network are already advertising the final series. We should see all games live. This will be good.

Well the Eagles are getting a bath tonight, so barring a miracle they won't be in the four after tomorrow.

Looks set up for Freo to manipulate the finals fixtures.

If Sydney beats Geelong there is a possibility that Freemantle could end up at 6th. Basically anything can still happen. Only certainty is that Hawthorn are minor premiers. Well done.

2012 TOYOTA AFL FINALS SERIES: WEEK 1

Friday, September 7

First qualifying final, Hawthorn v Collingwood at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, September 8

Second qualifying final, Adelaide v Sydney Swans at AAMI Stadium, 2.45pm ACST

Second elimination final, Geelong v Fremantle at the MCG, 7.45pm AEST

Sunday, September 9

First elimination final, West Coast v North Melbourne, Patersons Stadium, 1.15pm AWST

This is my wish for how I want the finals to work out.post-140056-0-87219600-1346570011_thumb.post-140056-0-25492200-1346570129_thumb.

Click on image to enlarge.

That looks good to me.

This is my wish for how I want the finals to work out.post-140056-0-87219600-1346570011_thumb.post-140056-0-25492200-1346570129_thumb.

Click on image to enlarge.

That looks good to me.

I did this with my heart not my head but if it turns out I'll be a very happy man.If the dockers are there at the end,I will have to stick with them to win the flag although they have a big hurdle to clear first next saturday.
  • Like 1

The Lions finished well and must be encouraged for next season, though they're still a long way off the quality of the top sides.

Their main concern at the moment is the club Board's decision to extend the Paddle Pop guernsey for one more year. 87% of those polled on Big Footy were either "royally pissed off" or "disappointed" at this decision. I doubt the players care though.

The Lions finished well and must be encouraged for next season, though they're still a long way off the quality of the top sides.

Their main concern at the moment is the club Board's decision to extend the Paddle Pop guernsey for one more year. 87% of those polled on Big Footy were either "royally pissed off" or "disappointed" at this decision. I doubt the players care though.

Could be worse mate. Back to these glory days:

post-147205-0-54551400-1346581292_thumb.

• Like 2

post-140056-0-52582300-1346631482_thumb.

post-140056-0-63326300-1346631557_thumb.

Can't believe the odds offered on the Eagles Nth Melbourne game.

The only reason I can think of is a lot of money has been put on from WA.

Click on images to enlarge.

Maybe it was after watching the performance against GWS? Didn't inspire confidence in the Kangaroos

smile.png

What a horror! The guernsey, that is, not the sainted Roger.

The Bears only started to have an impact when they wore the maroon guernsey with the gold and white V. From 1994, I think - first year the Bears were in the finals.

Sorry I can't paste photos here for some reason.

Maybe it was after watching the performance against GWS? Didn't inspire confidence in the Kangaroos

No, the Roos seem to have lost their momentum.

smile.png

The Bears only started to have an impact when they wore the maroon guernsey with the gold and white V. From 1994, I think - first year the Bears were in the finals.

This one?

post-147205-0-96499600-1346636196_thumb.

Sad day for Sydney when Capper took the money and went to Brisbane. Financially rewarding for him it didn't pay dividends on the field. While i understand the reason for Sydney releasing him and him going, it was a shame for Sydney at that stage.

Capper finished twice runner up in the Coleman medal, and was the most marketable player the Swans had. When he returned to Sydney his days were over

Sad day for Sydney when Capper took the money and went to Brisbane. Financially rewarding for him it didn't pay dividends on the field. While i understand the reason for Sydney releasing him and him going, it was a shame for Sydney at that stage.

Capper finished twice runner up in the Coleman medal, and was the most marketable player the Swans had. When he returned to Sydney his days were over

You're right. Capper had an average of 3.52 goals per game at Sydney and only 2.09 at Brisbane. Mind you, Brisbane was a very weak side at the time.

The early Bears were about little more than marketing, and inept marketing it was, too. I was told that Warwick Capper, though I think a likable bloke, was resented at the Bears. The players believed he'd be picked regardless of form because of his long blond hair and short shorts. Not good for a footy side trying to build esprit de corps.

The Bears were saved by old Rupert Pelerman, the local liquor discounter ("Pelerman's Barn" at Nerang), and Wokka went back to Sydney.

Edited by Xangsamhua

smile.png

Sainted Roger,tongue in cheek of course.

You're right. Capper had an average of 3.52 goals per game at Sydney and only 2.09 at Brisbane. Mind you, Brisbane was a very weak side at the time.

The early Bears were about little more than marketing, and inept marketing it was, too. I was told that Warwick Capper, though I think a likable bloke, was resented at the Bears. The players believed he'd be picked regardless of form because of his long blond hair and short shorts. Not good for a footy side trying to build esprit de corps.

The Bears were saved by old Rupert Pelerman, the local liquor discounter ("Pelerman's Barn" at Nerang), and Wokka went back to Sydney.

Capper was underrated by many people because of his narcissism and inability to keep his mouth shut. Sydney's play suited him well, because he was basically the main target for the ball up front.

I suspect the money he was getting for going to brisbane also went to his head a bit. They were big dollars for back then

I think when the Eagles field a full strength side, they're pretty hard to beat at Subi.

They've beaten Collingwood by 10 goals and Geelong in the last month and Nth seem

to have dropped off a bit.

The odds seem reasonable to me.

I think Freo look pretty good value at $3.55. Especially with Stevie J being out for Geelong.

Regards

Will

I think when the Eagles field a full strength side, they're pretty hard to beat at Subi.

They've beaten Collingwood by 10 goals and Geelong in the last month and Nth seem

to have dropped off a bit.

The odds seem reasonable to me.

I think Freo look pretty good value at $3.55. Especially with Stevie J being out for Geelong.

Regards

Will

I think Sydney will fancy their chances against Adelaide

smile.png

Sainted Roger,tongue in cheek of course.

He's a legend at Brisbane. laugh.png The B&F award there is called the Merrett-Murray Medal.