Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The final home and away round for 2013. The winner this week was Chooka with 7/9. Well done.

The overall winner was Bookman with 142 ponits. 2nd was Ron19 with 137. 3rd was Gazman01 with 130

Bookman the 2013 Thaivisa AFL Champion Tiipster (TACT). It is up to you to collect your 6 pack from George.

attachicon.gifAfl TV tips....docx

Thank you very much for the time and effort throughtout the AFL season,much appreciated.

+1

I'm starting to go through withdrawals already, can't wait for the 2014 season.

Thankfully I'm still alive.whistling.gif

Edited by Ron19

The final home and away round for 2013. The winner this week was Chooka with 7/9. Well done.

The overall winner was Bookman with 142 ponits. 2nd was Ron19 with 137. 3rd was Gazman01 with 130

Bookman the 2013 Thaivisa AFL Champion Tiipster (TACT). It is up to you to collect your 6 pack from George.

Thank you very much for the time and effort throughtout the AFL season,much appreciated.

+1

InNdeed. 2014 is promising to be an interesting season. West Coast and North should be challenging for top 8... not sure about Adelaide.. Maybe Gold Coast and Bulldogs as outsiders... Carlton? They might get rid of half their team. Essendon without Jobe Watson? .. First half a dozen rounds could have many a surprise result

• Like 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-01/dons-need-fresh-coach

Well this is an interesting perspective from the Cookie monster...

Personally, I see no reason why Bomber shouldn't be coaching them for next season, given that Little has already indicated that Hird will jump back into the job in 2015.

Suggesting getting a "temp" in for the job seems ridiculous not to mention a complete waste of money.

In other AFL coaching news, seems Rocket's now out of the Dees race also given his recently announced "promotion"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-01/eade-out-of-dees-coaching-race

A smart move by Rocket, imo, given as much as I admire the bloke, I think taking on the Demons job would have been an extreme stretch for him. Although, having said that, he did the same thing with Sydney when he took over.

In grand final day news...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/grand-final-acts-announced

Tina Arena singing the National Anthem! Praise the lord, someone who can sing! If it had been some X Factor or Australia's Got Talent nobody I would have spat my proverbial dummy. Hunter's & Collectors also getting a headline gig along with Birds of Tokyo... Shaping up to be a top day out at the footy... Just need the boys in red & white to step up and well, I'll all but book my flights!

Speaking of the bloods... More good news with a lot of fitness tests being conducted...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/buddys-nervous-wait

"Other Swans to face tests this week include Dan Hannebery (knee), Nick Smith (knee), Adam Goodes (knee), Lewis Roberts-Thomson (knee), Sam Reid (quad) and Lewis Jetta (shin)."

Horse is going to be in for a selection headache should all of these players pass their respective fitness tests...

In less exciting news though, Cyril Rioli looks set to be fit for Friday night's opening final, but he too will face a fitness test.

Finals footy is here boys!

I love September! :D

• Like 1

Personally, I see no reason why Bomber shouldn't be coaching them for next season, given that Little has already indicated that Hird will jump back into the job in 2015.

Suggesting getting a "temp" in for the job seems ridiculous not to mention a complete waste of money.

In other AFL coaching news, seems Rocket's now out of the Dees race also given his recently announced "promotion"

A smart move by Rocket, imo, given as much as I admire the bloke, I think taking on the Demons job would have been an extreme stretch for him. Although, having said that, he did the same thing with Sydney when he took over.

Tina Arena singing the National Anthem! Praise the lord, someone who can sing! If it had been some X Factor or Australia's Got Talent nobody I would have spat my proverbial dummy. Hunter's & Collectors also getting a headline gig along with Birds of Tokyo... Shaping up to be a top day out at the footy... Just need the boys in red & white to step up and well, I'll all but book my flights!

Speaking of the bloods... More good news with a lot of fitness tests being conducted...

"Other Swans to face tests this week include Dan Hannebery (knee), Nick Smith (knee), Adam Goodes (knee), Lewis Roberts-Thomson (knee), Sam Reid (quad) and Lewis Jetta (shin)."

Horse is going to be in for a selection headache should all of these players pass their respective fitness tests...

In less exciting news though, Cyril Rioli looks set to be fit for Friday night's opening final, but he too will face a fitness test.

I love September! biggrin.png

Hanneberry will be back but I don't believe that LRT, Goodes, Jetta or Reid will be back this year. Those players IMO are the difference between Sydney being able to win the GF this year or not. Jetta and Goodes especially.

I only saw the second half of the Hawks V Sydney game last week on TV, but I like the extra options Sydney gave themselves up front, and with Tippet returning I think Sydney need to have 3 talls presenting to keep hawthorn guessing.

Roughead was amazing at times last week and with Rioli back this week both those players can lift and turn a game in the space of ten minutes. If Buddy is out then that is an advantage for Sydney and I believe they could win this week, but I favour Hawthorn until I see final teams.

I love September! biggrin.png

Hanneberry will be back but I don't believe that LRT, Goodes, Jetta or Reid will be back this year. Those players IMO are the difference between Sydney being able to win the GF this year or not. Jetta and Goodes especially.

I only saw the second half of the Hawks V Sydney game last week on TV, but I like the extra options Sydney gave themselves up front, and with Tippet returning I think Sydney need to have 3 talls presenting to keep hawthorn guessing.

Roughead was amazing at times last week and with Rioli back this week both those players can lift and turn a game in the space of ten minutes. If Buddy is out then that is an advantage for Sydney and I believe they could win this week, but I favour Hawthorn until I see final teams.

I actually think the Hawks play better without buddy and it unsettles the opposition more when he is out.

I actually think the Hawks play better without buddy and it unsettles the opposition more when he is out.

I kind of agree with you chooka. They have such a strong line up and they use their other options when he is out.

I don't think it will be such a bad thing if Hawthorn lose him at the end of the season.

Of course, he almost won them the GF last year against Sydney

Jetta played in the reserves last week and is pushing for selection...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/swans-call-for-speed

If Jetta is selected to play alongside Rohan... Holy Jesus! Rohan's an excitable lad, his 2 goals last week just seemed to lift the boys, simply because he was so excited.

55 minutes of footy is nothing to turn your nose up to after coming back from injury. Hopefully he can train strong during the week...

Still awaiting the MRP report for the week, shouldn't be too long before it's out...

If Jetta is selected to play alongside Rohan... Holy Jesus! Rohan's an excitable lad, his 2 goals last week just seemed to lift the boys, simply because he was so excited.

55 minutes of footy is nothing to turn your nose up to after coming back from injury. Hopefully he can train strong during the week...

Still awaiting the MRP report for the week, shouldn't be too long before it's out...

Talk is Buddy will walk away with a tap on the wrist.

Its a good workout for sure and i would love to see him back. I don't know hos his form was in the reserves, but it wasn't great before he was injured, so I'd think it would be risky to include him this week on a few levels. That article sounded like a bit of spin and smoke to me.

Next year the Swans are going to be worth watching on many levels

• Like 1

+1

Thankfully I'm still alive.whistling.gif

Do you feel you can beat Geelong this week?

Anyone in the top 4 is in with a chance so I have to say yes to that.

They were saying on SEN that Ross rested his team because he knew they were playing at the catery where Geelong definitely has a huge advantage, just wanted to even up the odds a little.

Anyway as a saints supporter and a Victorian I have to go for the cats (Vic side) and still haven't forgiven Ross for jumping ship. I do want to see South Melbourne beat the Hawks tho.

• Like 1

Anyway as a saints supporter and a Victorian I have to go for the cats (Vic side) and still haven't forgiven Ross for jumping ship. I do want to see South Melbourne beat the Hawks tho.

Don't worry chooka I haven't forgiven him for leaving the Swans, and if Roosey takes the gig at Melbourne, I'll add him to the same list as Lyon :P

• Like 1

They were saying on SEN that Ross rested his team because he knew they were playing at the catery where Geelong definitely has a huge advantage, just wanted to even up the odds a little.

I think Freo's chances of making the GF have dropped significantly, having to play at Simmonds.

Being a West Aussie I'd like to see Freo win it although I like Sydney and it's hard to dislike Geelong.

I think if there was going to be a final there, it should've been advised at the start of the year. Also,

the AFL said it would only apply to Freo. I think they either get to play one there or they don't. It's a

bit unfair to say Syd won't have to play there but Freo do IMO.

Another case of a non-Victorian side getting shafted.

Edited by Will27

I think Freo's chances of making the GF have dropped significantly, having to play at Simmonds.

Being a West Aussie I'd like to see Freo win it although I like Sydney and it's hard to dislike Geelong.

I think if there was going to be a final there, it should've been advised at the start of the year. Also,

the AFL said it would only apply to Freo. I think they either get to play one there or they don't. It's a

Thats my thoughts exactly.I'm not dirty that they have a home final but annoyed that the rules changed mid stream.I now wonder what would have happened if fremantle had made 2nd spot.

Thats my thoughts exactly.I'm not dirty that they have a home final but annoyed that the rules changed mid stream.I now wonder what would have happened if fremantle had made 2nd spot.

I wasn't aware it only applied to Freo. I thought 1 & 2 automatically got a home final, so it would be the cats choice? In the case of Sydney, if they got a home final, they would play ANZ stadium due to some deal they had done in the past.

I wasn't aware it only applied to Freo. I thought 1 & 2 automatically got a home final, so it would be the cats choice? In the case of Sydney, if they got a home final, they would play ANZ stadium due to some deal they had done in the past.

Same applies to Victorian based teams.. 3 or more games at the G or Etihad and then it can be switched.

But the AFL has the option to pay the MCG or Etihad off in the event that there wasn't enough games played there and/or Geelong kicked up a big enough stink to have it at Kardinia, given that it now meets all the AFL's criteria ie lights and capacity.

Claims dwarf set on fire at AFL club's Mad Monday bash

Claims have emerged that a dwarf entertainer was set on fire in a prank gone wrong during the Mad Monday celebrations of an AFL club.

Representatives for Blake Johnston, one of two dwarf entertainers allegedly hired by AFL players to perform during celebrations in South Melbourne on Monday, claim Johnston was lit on fire by a player from behind on the lower back.

It was reported on Channel Nine's Footy Classifieds on Monday night that the club involved was St Kilda.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/claims-dwarf-set-on-fire-at-afl-clubs-mad-monday-bash-20130902-2t1fz.html

Claims have emerged that a dwarf entertainer was set on fire in a prank gone wrong during the Mad Monday celebrations of an AFL club.

Representatives for Blake Johnston, one of two dwarf entertainers allegedly hired by AFL players to perform during celebrations in South Melbourne on Monday, claim Johnston was lit on fire by a player from behind on the lower back.

It was reported on Channel Nine's Footy Classifieds on Monday night that the club involved was St Kilda.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/claims-dwarf-set-on-fire-at-afl-clubs-mad-monday-bash-20130902-2t1fz.html

The St Kilda Club won't take to kindly to this, they are very quick to sack players who misbehave these days. Personally I don't care who the player is once he is identified he should be dismissed from the club. Setting people on fire is not acceptable.

The St Kilda Club won't take to kindly to this, they are very quick to sack players who misbehave these days. Personally I don't care who the player is once he is identified he should be dismissed from the club. Setting people on fire is not acceptable.

Maybe it's because none of the Saints were "on fire" for the year"..................

• Like 1

The St Kilda Club won't take to kindly to this, they are very quick to sack players who misbehave these days.  Personally I don't care who the player is once he is identified he should be dismissed from the club.  Setting people on fire is not acceptable.

Andrew D got s case of the giggles wen asked about it

http://youtu.be/_3AGfZIF9zA

http://youtu.be/_3AGfZIF9zA

Quite a shock to learn it was Clinton Jones, last person I would have suspected. Donates 3 K to a charity of the dwarfs choice. Now they heat is on Andrew D who appears to have upset the little guys more than Clinton did.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8716943

For those who may be interested.................

ALERT

Due to Australia Network coverage of the Australian Federal Election 2013 on Saturday 7th September, we will not be able to bring you live coverage of the AFL Second Elimination Final between Collingwood vs Port Adelaide.

Check back here later to find out how to watch this game live and free from http://afltv.afl.com.au/ANSept7DayPass

Just logged into it and yes it is definitely free so for those of you outside Australia, you can watch in good quality via the net. I just plug the laptop into the T.V so just the same very clear good quality.