High Season?

eljeque

I have not seen the number of tourists here that I would have expected at this time. My developer's sales ladies tell methe same, that sales are really slow versus the same time as last year. I have heard the same from another couple of real estate agents and from some store owners as well.

What does everyone else see?

There are probably at least double the number of real estate agents than there were a year ago; so maybe that is contributing to the reduced numbers of customers each are seeing.

No shortage of Russian visitors around Jomtien. There is however a noticeable reduction in bikini size this year.

I have not seen  the number of tourists here that I would have expected at this time.  My developer's sales ladies tell methe same, that sales are really slow versus the same time as last year.  I have heard the same from another couple of real estate agents and from some store owners as well.

off topic but....

I see trees of green, red roses too

I see them bloom for me and you

And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white

The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky

Are also on the faces of people going by

I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do

They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow

They'll learn much more than I'll never know

And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world

Thanks Louis....I will sleep well tonight :o

I have not seen  the number of tourists here that I would have expected at this time.  My developer's sales ladies tell methe same, that sales are really slow versus the same time as last year.  I have heard the same from another couple of real estate agents and from some store owners as well.

From what I hear it is getting very difficult to book a decent hotel for Xmas/New Year, so sounds like things will be hotting up soon.

maybe air fares got too expensive at xmas.

You might be right there buff.

I have been hanging on to book my flights in the hope that i finish a day or 2 early before xmas. Upto now they are about £850 each, return :o Normally i pay £400-£450 (admittedly not at xmas). So, where it would normally cost me about £900 for me and the Mrs, it looks like it will now cost me about £1,700. Makes a big difference.

I agree that I cannot base the numbers on real estate agents and developers, or bars and restaurants, as they base their numbers on the number of tourists divided by the number of establishments.

If the TAT would simply upload their visitor numbers daily, so that "I" could look at arrivals in real-time, I would be most appreciative.

I read that planes were booked up coming from Scandenavia, but I do not know if there are fewer planes or not.

Anyone out there have a good way to estimate numbers?

I have been hanging on to book my flights in the hope that i finish a day or 2 early before xmas. Upto now they are about £850 each, return :o Normally i pay £400-£450 (admittedly not at xmas). So, where it would normally cost me about £900 for me and the Mrs, it looks like it will now cost me about £1,700. Makes a big difference.

I booked mine a couple of months ago and only got them for £700, they were filling up fast then. I managed to get a hotel booking but my mate couldn't get into the same place as me as they were fully booked. He had difficulty getting a room. So it looks like the flights and hotels are full but the tourists aren't in the bars. Is it a different kind of tourist now holidaying in Pattaya?

I booked mine a couple of months ago and only got them for £700, they were filling up fast then. I managed to get a hotel booking but my mate couldn't get into the same place as me as they were fully booked. He had difficulty getting a room. So it looks like the flights and hotels are full but the tourists aren't in the bars. Is it a different kind of tourist now holidaying in Pattaya?

What day are you flying on Jack?

If the seemingly never-ending procession of mainly full Bahtbuses on Thappraya Road heading for Jomtien at lunchtime today is anything to go by, there are plenty of temporarily accompanied Tourists in town.

There again, it could have been the Beach Road solicitors relocating to a new legal office on Dongtan beach... :o

What day are you flying on Jack?

Flying Boxing day, return on the 16th

If the seemingly never-ending procession of mainly full Bahtbuses on Thappraya Road heading for Jomtien at lunchtime today is anything to go by, there are plenty of temporarily accompanied Tourists in town.

There again, it could have been the Beach Road solicitors relocating to a new legal office on Dongtan beach...  :o

High session Is always fun,. Loads of talk but no people.

Only a buyers point of view.

Merry Christmas

There is a lot of talk that the number of family tourists to Pattaya is increasing and I think it is probably right. There seems to be lots of Eastern European and Scandi families about. As the number of high quality resorts continues to grow it is a trend that is likely to continue.

High Quality Resorts???

Where?

Only one I have seen that would make four stars is the new Mercure.

There is a lot of talk that the number of family tourists to Pattaya is increasing and I think it is probably right. There seems to be lots of Eastern European and Scandi families about. As the number of high quality resorts continues to grow it is a trend that is likely to continue.

The numbers of high quality tourists (not backpacking Lonely Planet zombies) is still fairly high. My tour business caters to higher-end tourists and we've had a wonderful low season. The high season bookings keep coming in too.

I also booked mine a few months ago from USA - going to Pattaya for the first time with family - but not to the bars. We'd been to Phuket too many times and willing to try Pattaya for the first time. We'll be staying in Jomtien area though, not in Pattaya. This time our family will try to do some beach combing along the eastern seaboard route (Chonburi to Rayong)

The air tickets from here are quite expensive, they told me that during this holiday season it's not difficult to do transit in Japan, but most of connecting flights from Japan to BKK are mostly full!...and...Teipei/ or soul to BKK - all booked!

Look like it will be a busy season in Thailand this year!

The only things that move along Jomtien Beach Road in the evening are the stray dogs and the tumbleweed. I've never seen it so devoid of people. Normally, I have to stop before leaving my home entrance to pull out onto Jomtien Beach Road but, last night, there wasn't a car, or person, in sight.

High Quality Resorts???

Where?

Then I suspect you haven't looked very hard. The new Mecure is not even nearly the best in Pattaya. Do you know the city at all?

Try any of the following,

Dusit

Royal Cliff

Sheraton

Marriott

Cabbages and Condoms

Rabbit Resort

Sunset Park

The Sails, on which construction is just starting will be another 5 star resort. The Amari has had a very nice upgrade and they are building new rooms too.

These places and others are catering to an increase in family tourists. That's why hotels and flights are full, but some of the areas in town do not appear as busy as in previous years, particularly at night.

High Quality Resorts???

Where?

Then I suspect you haven't looked very hard. The new Mecure is not even nearly the best in Pattaya. Do you know the city at all?

Dusit

Royal Cliff

Sheraton

Marriott

Cabbages and Condoms

Rabbit Resort

Sunset Park

And Sugar Hut. An ex-GF worked at Royal Cliff and liked S.H. better.

The new Mercure isn't even near the water, its in a noisy downscale neighbourhood.

Many long overdue for a refurb.

Havent seen the new SHeraton.

High Quality Resorts???

Where?

Dusit

Royal Cliff

Sheraton

Marriott

Cabbages and Condoms

Rabbit Resort

Sunset Park

And Sugar Hut. An ex-GF worked at Royal Cliff and liked S.H. better.

The new Mercure isn't even near the water, its in a noisy downscale neighbourhood.

Sounds to me like you haven't seen any of them. The Marriott was completely redone when it changed from the Royal Garden, the Dusit is in fantastic shape, you will go a long way to find nicer boutique resorts than Cabbages and Condoms and the Rabbit Resort, at the Royal Cliff, the Royal Wing is superb, like I said before the rooms at the Amari have just been redone to a very high standard, to even suggest Sunset Park is in need of a refurb is utter nonsense.

Frankly, you are talking complete rubbish. I have no doubt you have not been to any of the places I listed (maybe you once went to the Royal Cliff Beach resort which is the poorest of their hotels, but also one that has just been refurbished).

If you don't know what you are talking about, keep quiet. Otherwise you just look like a total idiot.

yes crazy! The water and the beaches are ugly. Pattaya has good bars and whores.

For family any other destination is better. Just maybe Pattaya is relative cheap.

It amazes me a little that Pattaya can attract a large number of family tourists. I know there's plenty to do but if I was taking my family, I'd want a nice beach to go to.

So in conclusion, the place is fully booked the bars aren't. Sounds good to me :o

I am sure you know best

However 100 usd for a room like this(marriot) you might pay.

Not mepost-3741-1135316311_thumb.jpgpost-3741-1135316311_thumb.jpg

Sounds to me like you haven't seen any of them. The Marriott was completely redone when it changed from the Royal Garden, the Dusit is in fantastic shape, you will go a long way to find nicer boutique resorts than Cabbages and Condoms and the Rabbit Resort, at the Royal Cliff, the Royal Wing is superb, like I said before the rooms at the Amari have just been redone to a very high standard, to even suggest Sunset Park is in need of a refurb is utter nonsense.

Frankly, you are talking complete rubbish. I have no doubt you have not been to any of the places I listed (maybe you once went to the Royal Cliff Beach resort which is the poorest of their hotels, but also one that has just been refurbished).

If you don't know what you are talking about, keep quiet. Otherwise you just look like a total idiot.

post-3741-1135316374_thumb.jpg