Thailand Needs Cricket

I knew Trevor, you know. Best all-rounder Essex ever had! To watch him playing with Doug Insole - what an uplifting experience. But do excuse me, I tend to babble when I get excited.

So long as you don't dribble.

SC

TV Cricket - From each according to their ability, to each according to their knees

Karl Marx (possibly mis-heard)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I told him..or her...no delivery, then in the pigeon pie......You ever see a pigeon shaking at the knees?

If you are unaware of the pigeon's gender, you shouldn't be so narrow minded to assume the pigeon must be a "him" or a "her"... (my bolding)

Agreed ... but 'it' sounds so impersonal.

Maybe kevjohn has a name for the bird with good knees ?

When I'm unsure of the sex of the bird I am talking about - for example, pigeons, or ladyboys, I refer to them as 'them'; just as we always use the plural 'you', rather than 'thou' even when we're talking to one person.

SC

Kevjohn, please take note...

Since we are now on a new page ... there is a reminder of the humour of Rolf Harris.

A natural set of wickets if we ever saw one.

I wonder if he had a brother with the same natural talent?

[media=]

[/media]

What I like about Rolf Harris is that he makes me laugh without saying or doing anything, then he says some funny things and does some even funnier things...

If you don't get your 1,000,000 bht then I doubt if it's a him or her will matter much.

I just wanted to remind you not to ignore androgynous pigeons

Won't they be covered by "Them"?........That way, there will be no discrimination by getting the him and her mixed.

Since we are now on a new page ... there is a reminder of the humour of Rolf Harris.

[media=]

[/media]

What I like about Rolf Harris is that he makes me laugh without saying or doing anything, then he says some funny things and does some even funnier things...

Yeah know Boss.....This is what I like about him.......I only wish I had the same gift.

If you don't get your 1,000,000 bht then I doubt if it's a him or her will matter much.

Won't they be covered by "Them"?........That way, there will be no discrimination by getting the him and her mixed.

I think it is ok to say "them"; that will cover the various pidgeon gender categories

Just be careful not to slip back into your anti-hermaphrodite-pidgeon habits

[media=]

[/media]

Yeah know Boss.....This is what I like about him.......I only wish I had the same gift.

You are a man of many gifts kevjohn; there is no need to be so modest

Few men could develop an appreciation for cricket with such haste

I think it is ok to say "them"; that will cover the various pidgeon gender categories

Just be careful not to slip back into your anti-hermaphrodite-pidgeon habits

Note taken Boss...thumbsup.gif

[media=]

[/media]

You are a man of many gifts kevjohn; there is no need to be so modest

Few men could develop an appreciation for cricket with such haste

When your my age, Boss, and you take on something new........there is a great need for such haste....sad.png

When your my age, Boss, and you take on something new........there is a great need for such haste....sad.png

Your are a wise and I think your insightful statement above applies equally to all ages

I certainly prefer your strategy than that "Good things come to those who wait" nonsense

The obvious exception being when the bowler pitches the ball short of a length

Edited by brit1984

I've never had the tendency, Streetcowboy, to dribble over cricket. However, I do recall a slight salivary seepage during the thrilling final frame of the 1987 "Ladies Nude Snooker Tournament" in Blackpool, (on which I was commentating), when Irish Celeste (Boom Boom) Brannegan potted the black to the bottom right pocket, despite the fact that she was only 5' 0" and still managed to keep one foot on the ground. Who could ever forget how the crowd roared! You must remember that, surely?

And with regard to the state of my knees - I've never had to crawl except just after one terrible pre-Christmas binge on my way home from a British Chamber of Commerce Christmas lunch after helping to tidy up some of the un-emptied wine bottles. It could have happened to anyone. I apologise for any rudeness. I never meant any offence.

But anyway, back to the cricket thing. Sad to note that JT has not fulfilled his early interest and promise. He was clearly trying to learn the game and though he would probably not have been accepted except, perhaps, as a tail end player, but at least he showed an interest. Bravo, JT.

I always thought Michael Bear, the Essex opener in the late1950's was a man to admire. What do you think?

So, on with the game.

Hey, kevjohn ... I think that somehow I have had an interaction with your father recently.

He sent me this photo ...

post-104736-0-38977100-1338476548_thumb. .......... post-104736-0-74536300-1338476785.gif

I can see the distant likeness.

Maybe I am mistaken and more likely your grandfather.

Edited by David48

Your are a wise and I think your insightful statement above applies equally to all ages

I certainly prefer your strategy than that "Good things come to those who wait" nonsense

The obvious exception being when the bowler pitches the ball short of a length

I'd never have any GOOD THINGS come to me, if I waited.....sad.png

Hey, kevjohn ... I think that somehow I have had an interaction with your father recently.

post-104736-0-38977100-1338476548_thumb.

Can anyone else see the strange figure-of-eight shaped ghost / poltergeist at the front of the image?

You should send this evidence of the spirit world into that Thai television show for a proper appraisal

post-104736-0-38977100-1338476548_thumb. .......... post-104736-0-74536300-1338476785.gif

I can't believe the resemblance......I think you just snaped that with my web camera.....clap2.gif

I can't believe the resemblance......I think you just snaped that with my web camera.....clap2.gif

Most fathers pass some physical traits onto their children.

Some can see their eyes or their nose

When I asked your father about what he passed onto to you, he replied ...

'kevjohn has my knees'

richardjm65 said

I always thought Michael Bear, the Essex opener in the late1950's was a man to admire. What do you think?

Hey....did you guys have TV back in the 50's. If so, I want to complain because we didn't get it till the 60's here in Aus.

I've never had the tendency, Streetcowboy, to dribble over cricket. However, I do recall a slight salivary seepage during the thrilling final frame of the 1987 "Ladies Nude Snooker Tournament" in Blackpool, (on which I was commentating), when Irish Celeste (Boom Boom) Brannegan potted the black to the bottom right pocket, despite the fact that she was only 5' 0" and still managed to keep one foot on the ground. Who could ever forget how the crowd roared! You must remember that, surely?

And with regard to the state of my knees - I've never had to crawl except just after one terrible pre-Christmas binge on my way home from a British Chamber of Commerce Christmas lunch after helping to tidy up some of the un-emptied wine bottles. It could have happened to anyone. I apologise for any rudeness. I never meant any offence.

But anyway, back to the cricket thing. Sad to note that JT has not fulfilled his early interest and promise. He was clearly trying to learn the game and though he would probably not have been accepted except, perhaps, as a tail end player, but at least he showed an interest. Bravo, JT.

So, on with the game.

Great commentary again and excellent paragraph structuring

richardjm65 said

Hey....did you guys have TV back in the 50's. If so, I want to complain because we didn't get it till the 60's here in Aus.

Television or ThaiVisa?

richardjm65 said

Television or ThaiVisa?

I didn't have either as my father was not born by then, and I was not born until well after his birth

Most fathers pass some physical traits onto their children.

Some can see their eyes or their nose

When I asked your father about what he passed onto to you, he replied ...

'kevjohn has my knees'

Well....I was trying to keep a secret.....but now that it's out....... SC... I'm good for 2 a knee = 4

richardjm65 said

Television or ThaiVisa?

Boss....It's to early in the morning so I'll let you take your pick

Hey David48......What are you doing up at this time?

Edited by kevjohn

richardjm65 said

Television or ThaiVisa?

I didn't have either as my father was not born by then, and I was not born until well after his birth

Well Boss....Don't blame me for that...whistling.gif

Actually, I was thinking the same about you just now.

It's 1.30am here in Australia.

He says yawning ...

I'm chatting to my lady in Thailand on Yahoo and sharing the joys of Rolf Harris and his wobble board.

Edited by David48

Actually, I was thinking the same about you just now.

It's 1.30am here in Australia.

I'm chatting to my lady in Thailand on Yahoo and sharing the joys of Rolf Harris and his wobble board.

Thats what I like to hear......He can bring untold joy to people in more ways than one.....Good one.thumbsup.gif

Serious question: will those of you who are currently residing elsewhere be relocating to Thailand once cricket has fixed things over here?

Boss...if cricket can fix up things with the Aussie government, I'd be there today...thumbsup.gif