Getting To Hua Hin From Bkk (Sbia)

shdevine

Was wondering if anyone knows the approximate cost of a taxi from SBIA to Dusit Thani on Rama IV Road?

Is it a journey that would take over an hour from the airport early afternoon mid-week? (I wouldn't have thought so)

From the Dusit in BKK, we were planning on taking the Dusit shuttle to Hua Hin - 600 THB pp - not unreasonable.

I know we can get to Victory Monument and take our chances with a minibus from there, but I haven't heard too many good things about that option. I'm meeting my girlfriend at the airport at about 1 p.m. and we want to get on our way to Hua Hin straight away. Don't want to end up getting stuck in BKK waiting for a minibus that may not leave on schedule (that's assuming there is any schedule).

I know there's an airport link to BTS and then go to Victory Monument. I gotta wonder how long all that ends up taking. And I don't have a great deal of confidence in the safety or scheduling of the minibuses from Victory Monument.

I received one recommendation to use a pre-arranged personal driver from the airport, but that's a bit pricey, or so it seems to me. Sounds like it would end up being over 2000 THB.

Thanks.

OMG!

booking the Dusit Thani Hotel but 2,000THB for 230km in private car is too expensive, not considering that the guy needs to go back as well.

i used a taxi service company from hua hin 3 weeks ago superb service big comfortable 4x4, leather seats,air con, ect,2.30 mins pick up airport bkk,drop off hotel hua hin 1800bht telephone number,0852651265.

No you didn't True Blue. Was the number 0859690194 ? Because all the taxi requests for that number you quoted which ceased a taxi service 6 months ago use the company whose number I have quoted. And yes it is 1,800 Baht incl all tolls.

• Like 1

OMG!

booking the Dusit Thani Hotel but 2,000THB for 230km in private car is too expensive, not considering that the guy needs to go back as well.

ok.... you've made your point. just to clarify... i didn't state that it was "too expensive"; i commented that it seemed pricey. i'm not knowledgeable about what the market rate is, that's why i'm asking. thanks.

No you didn't True Blue. Was the number 0859690194 ? Because all the taxi requests for that number you quoted which ceased a taxi service 6 months ago use the company whose number I have quoted. And yes it is 1,800 Baht incl all tolls.

thanks yorkshire. i will try the number you have provided above. rgds.

seems like i have a well informed group here...

if you were given a choice between the antara and dusit thani (2 nights, price is about the same, a bit less at the antara), which would you choose?

from what i can glean out of guest reviews, the antara might have a slight edge; a bit closer to city center and breakfast buffet selection and quality perhaps a bit better.

thanks.

ye yt, your right i had the two numbers but rang the first one then thai lady pu, e mailed me with second number 0859690194,in fact if you go to trains planes and autos in hua hin forum,i put the right number there,but anyway digressing its a good service,

ye yt, your right i had the two numbers but rang the first one then thai lady pu, e mailed me with second number 0859690194,in fact if you go to trains planes and autos in hua hin forum,i put the right number there,but anyway digressing its a good service,

just a quickie kevin,it was you that give me the first telephone number,lol.

Yes True Blue but not 3 weeks ago! Actually I thought the service ended last year but I see my post was early in Jan. Where's the blushing icon ??

I used the other service again 2 weeks ago to Swampy and booked a return pick up. When I went to the airport for my return flight from Vietnam at about 9 pm I found out it had been cancelled ! so with only a few hours to go I sent a SMS to Pu on the number me and TB have now posted and sent an sms to a relative in HH to phone her to confirm. Next morning another phone call from a relative to rebook for 7 pm. Arrived at the airport and driver waiting with my name on a card. No dramas or cancellation fees about the cancelled taxi, just a good reliable service.

Also booked them for early July for my mate coming over with his family who has also used them before to come to HH then from HH to Patts.

Hi.

My view is that the best and most relaxing way to Hua Hin is by railway. Minibuses are o.k but traveling by train is much more relaxing and spacious. When my partner and i have gone we have always got a seat with a table. Great views of the countryside, rather than highways, have a beer to relax. It takes a bit longer but you arrive relaxed having enjoyed the journey - it's cheap also. Trains depart from Hualampong Station. There's probably some way of checking departure times to see if they match. Otherwise, although not that comfortable by comparison, minibuses from Victory Monument are o.k. About 200b per person last time i took one a couple of years ago. They get you there quick- about three hours but drive aggressively and thus not a particularly enjoyable ride. I travel there by car these days.

City link from the airport is ok and one stop on the skytrain to Victory Monument to catch the mini van. I'd allow 3.5 hours from leaving the airport to arriving in Hua Hin at a cost of about 240 baht per person.

The train is fun but slow and getting to the station is a problem if you have a large suitcase because they don't allow them on the MRS which is the best way to get there.

IMHO the best and easiest option has to be book a car to meet you on arrival.