Manchester United

redrus

they have got used to years of mediocrity

And I think it's time you lot have to get used to it tongue.png

That may well be so-no club has a divine right to keep winning year after year,the league would become boring if that were to happen.

As a kid in the 60,s I watched Burnley as well as United,in those days football was a sport and Burnley built a very good side without having to spend money... they recruited a lot of there players from the north-east and gave United a panning on more than one occasion, but now small clubs like this cannot compete (sadly) against the "big boys" as money and greed have taken over football and its no longer a sport anymore.sad.png

The situation at City at the moment is disgusting (not for the first time) and I feel for Pellegrini trying to do a job with all the speculation regarding a replacement allready being lined up,but then this is the club that sacked Peter Reid when they were fourth in the table.

but then this is the club that sacked Peter Reid when they were fourth in the table.

When was that then???

Never happened!

Get your facts right in order to make your point..... its not that difficult

Am I missing something here?

Peter Reid, after taking us to two 5th place finishes, was scandalously sacked following the very strange appointment by Swales of John Maddock, a former journalist, who knew nothing about football management. Reidy didn't deserve to be treated like that, and the City fans rightly were pissed off!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-reid-pays-the-ultimate-price-football-for-poor-start-manchester-city-sack-manager-1463753.html

• Like 1

And I think it's time you lot have to get used to it tongue.png

That may well be so-no club has a divine right to keep winning year after year,the league would become boring if that were to happen.

As a kid in the 60,s I watched Burnley as well as United,in those days football was a sport and Burnley built a very good side without having to spend money... they recruited a lot of there players from the north-east and gave United a panning on more than one occasion, but now small clubs like this cannot compete (sadly) against the "big boys" as money and greed have taken over football and its no longer a sport anymore.sad.png

The situation at City at the moment is disgusting (not for the first time) and I feel for Pellegrini trying to do a job with all the speculation regarding a replacement allready being lined up,but then this is the club that sacked Peter Reid when they were fourth in the table.

but then this is the club that sacked Peter Reid when they were fourth in the table.

When was that then???

Never happened!

Peter Reid, after taking us to two 5th place finishes, was scandalously sacked following the very strange appointment by Swales of John Maddock, a former journalist, who knew nothing about football management. Reidy didn't deserve to be treated like that, and the City fans rightly were pissed off!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-reid-pays-the-ultimate-price-football-for-poor-start-manchester-city-sack-manager-1463753.html

Read my first line!!facepalm.gif

This is the Rags thread, best not derail it. Go onto our thread if you are missing my point.

Onto M.U related matters...........................

COME ON YOU SCOUSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

TBh think the whole game was pretty average midfeilds overcrowded and the attacks light weight and powder puff.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

When was that then???

Never happened!

This is the Rags thread, best not derail it. Go onto our thread if you are missing my point.

COME ON YOU SCOUSERS

ooops Jack looks like you cocked up again on both points cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

We was very average but I will take any win against Liverpool, onwards and upwards.

Exactly until Fellaini got his big head on that cross and Rooney smashed it home had 0-0 all over it. In doing so Roo now holds the record for the most goals scored by a player for one club,passing Henry.Bobby C's record is in sight which I think is rather unfortunate as most of his games were from midfield and

the pitches they played on were abysmal compared with todays carpets.

The short corner works well for United.Blind's normal efforts are very poor,struggles to get it past the first defender.

Southhampton at home next,win that one and they are back on track.

When was that then???

Never happened!

COME ON YOU SCOUSERS

ooops Jack looks like you cocked up again on both points cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Being as this is NOT United related, I was not going to comment, but as you obviously dont get it, I will spell it out for you, daft lad.

City did NOT sack Peter Reid when they were in 4th................ not even close.

They sacked him after 4 games of dreary boring football, we lost 3 and drew 1. We were down at the bottom of the table.

City fans were miffed because of the timing of it, in other words he should have been sacked before the season started rather than 4 games in.

Bit like hiring a manager and then sacking him after a few months...... am experience that your lot have gone through and will go through again and again since old red nose has packed it in.cheesy.gif

Or are you going to go on record and say that LVG will get to the end of his contract??laugh.png

Secondly, if you are actually happy about that performance yesterday, then good luck to you!! Just another dull boring performance, lucky to get anything out of it and destined ONCE MORE to win zip this year!!clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Have to agree with Jack here. van Gaal proclaims after an ill deserved victory that United can win the title! Perhaps he should be informed that his United side are possibly playing the worst style of football seen by a United side in thirty years. Most players, bar de Gea and Smalling have regressed under his reign and past greats like Paul Scholes are openly saying they wouldn't want to play in his side.

Frankly he just sounds like a clown. He has a wealth of talent being wasted week in week out, and after eighteen months in charge his game plan seems to consist of hoofing the ball up to Fellaini and relying on the usual outstanding goal keeping of de Gea.

I have no doubt he'll be replaced in the summer and with the talent in this squad United will bounce back in style.

No offense meant chaps, just my humble opinion!

Have to agree with Jack here. van Gaal proclaims after an ill deserved victory that United can win the title! Perhaps he should be informed that his United side are possibly playing the worst style of football seen by a United side in thirty years. Most players, bar de Gea and Smalling have regressed under his reign and past greats like Paul Scholes are openly saying they wouldn't want to play in his side.

Frankly he just sounds like a clown. He has a wealth of talent being wasted week in week out, and after eighteen months in charge his game plan seems to consist of hoofing the ball up to Fellaini and relying on the usual outstanding goal keeping of de Gea.

I have no doubt he'll be replaced in the summer and with the talent in this squad United will bounce back in style.

No offense meant chaps, just my humble opinion!

TVF post of the month

and speaking of Fellaini, although he has played reasonably well he has also missed some very easy scoring opportunities in the last 3-4 games, his part in the goal you mention above I believe was an accident

you say LVG will be gone in the summer, well I think he needs to go now, he is an idiot of the highest order and has no business being involved in a world class outfit like Manu

Question for the ABU,s

Which player created a Premier League goal scoring record over the weekend.............biggrin.png

p.s.....a clue...................it wasn,t any of your teams players whistling.gif

so the general consensus of our critics was the United were lucky at Liverpool?

give me lucky over good anytime wai2.gif

Question for the ABU,s

Which player created a Premier League goal scoring record over the weekend.............biggrin.png

p.s.....a clue...................it wasn,t any of your teams players whistling.gif

Congratulations!!!!

And with that goal it means you have scored 1 more goal than Fat Sams Sunderland!!clap2.gifclap2.gif

You must be very proud!!

Carry on LVG...................sterling workcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Question for the ABU,s

Th i'de put entertainment right next to if not infront of 'winning'

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

JacknDanny/rijit

Perhaps I,m missing something here..........can you both please post your clubs achievements in comparison to Uniteds over lets say the last 10/20/30.................. or even 50 years?

It will make very interesting reading and may provide me with a laugh or two ?

Jealousy is a very bitter pill to swallow for some people.......the sooner you get rid of the monkey that is MUFC off your backs the happier your lives will be,but then again I suspect you enjoy being masochists whistling.gif

sent by carrier pigeon in chonburi

JacknDanny/rijit

Perhaps I,m missing something here..........can you both please post your clubs achievements in comparison to Uniteds over lets say the last 10/20/30.................. or even 50 years?

It will make very interesting reading and may provide me with a laugh or two ?

Jealousy is a very bitter pill to swallow for some people.......the sooner you get rid of the monkey that is MUFC off your backs the happier your lives will be,but then again I suspect you enjoy being masochists whistling.gif

sent by carrier pigeon in chonburi

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nostalgia!! You cant beat it can you!!

Well at least you can look back to the nineties and remember how happy you were!! Good for you.

Me? I would rather live for the day and amuse myself, in a footballing way, and see the cr@p being churned out week after week by your manager!laugh.png

Never mind, your new chant, I believe, is an old Elaine Paige number!!

Memory

All alone in the moonlight

I can smile at the old days

It was beautiful then

I remember

A time I knew what happiness was

Let the memory live again

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif .LVG is my hero!!

Hahaha, one minute everyone's looking back, while we're looking at the present and we can't win.

Now, we're not playing so well, and looking at our past achievements and every other f&£%*#r's lookin at the present.

And......, we still can't win.

Good job I've a sense of humour and I can see the irony. Again.

[emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

• Like 1

Question for the ABU,s

See you are still using that childish, self obsessed "ABU" nonsense!

btw, lucky is the wrong description. Dreadful is more appropriate. van Gaal is gone in the summer, the only question that remains is who will replace him. He's spent in the region of 200m and theres little of no improvement since Moyes, bar a more solid defense. Of you two best performers, De Gea and Smalling, one will be off to Real Madrid and the other he can't even get his name right.

So, my question for you; how do you compare van Gaals efforts against Ranieri of Pochettino who has an eighteen month net spend of 5.7m?

Question for the ABU,s

btw, lucky is the wrong description. Dreadful is more appropriate. van Gaal is gone in the summer, the only question that remains is who will replace him. He's spent in the region of 200m and theres little of no improvement since Moyes, bar a more solid defense. Of you two best performers, De Gea and Smalling, one will be off to Real Madrid and the other he can't even get his name right.

So, my question for you; how do you compare van Gaals efforts against Ranieri of Pochettino who has an eighteen month net spend of 5.7m?

If Real don't get De Gea in Jan then he won't be able to go there for a couple more years due to their transfer ban.

Question for the ABU,s

If Real don't get De Gea in Jan then he won't be able to go there for a couple more years due to their transfer ban.

I think you'll find theres a rule for Real Madrid and a rule for everyone else.

Question for the ABU,s

I think you'll find theres a rule for Real Madrid and a rule for everyone else.

Yes, plus they'll need to sort out their fax machine!

• Like 1

Hahaha, one minute everyone's looking back, while we're looking at the present and we can't win.

Now, we're not playing so well, and looking at our past achievements and every other f&£%*#r's lookin at the present.

And......, we still can't win.

Good job I've a sense of humour and I can see the irony. Again.

[emoji23][emoji23]

redrus

I ain't gonna panic either Redrus, it is what it is. My lifespan only goes back to the Tommy Doc era & then Sexton plus I remember very well Ron Atkinson & Fergies 'barren' first 6-7 years in charge.

It's all entertainment at the end of the day & the other teams in the league are hardly setting the world on fire, apart from Leceister. If Arsenal don't win the Prem this year, they never will!

I ain't gonna panic either Redrus, it is what it is. My lifespan only goes back to the Tommy Doc era & then Sexton plus I remember very well Ron Atkinson & Fergies 'barren' first 6-7 years in charge.

It's all entertainment at the end of the day & the other teams in the league are hardly setting the world on fire, apart from Leceister. If Arsenal don't win the Prem this year, they never will!

I go back to 1962 as a 13 year old and the signing of Denis Law (as mentioned previously in this forum) was the catalyst for my supporting United,and I,ve seen the highs (many many of them) and luckily just a few lows,I,ve admired many other clubs achievements and styles of play throughout this time too numerous to mention excepting for one, and that is Liverpool,s record in European competitions as it is better that ours,wonderfull nights watching them on TV during the 70,s and 80,s playing attacking football of the highest order,and I commend and acknowledge this.

I asked a simple straightforward question a few post previous to two regular critics of this great club challenging them to post their clubs past achievements if they felt they could match or better United,s............of course they could not-no English club can thumbsup.gif

I rest my case biggrin.png