Manchester United

redrus

^"Yep, good response anything but your own money."
Many clubs have changed owners. Some improve the club some don't. Some come with wealth, some suck it out of the club - our owners are the former, yours the latter.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 5/20/2017 at 7:40 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

Out of  curiousity why does the Sheikh allow that?

So Etihad can extend it's airlines' routes into China and Hong Kong. Rich Chinese spending money in Abu Dhabi would not go amiss. Also, Chinese Man Utd fans can do Manchester via Abu Dhabi.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 10:37 PM, nev said:

Yep, good response anything but your own money.

' own money' enlighten us nev? aint that what your mob have, rather stupidly imo, been up in arms about for the last ??? years, think you'll find in general most clubs/ business's are leveraged. so 'own money,' as far as i can tell is a pretty  much a thing of yesterday or a termsomething that little hate mag the daily mail come up with for the ignorant   and that aint saying i'm in agreement in the way man city are run and the precedents their stupidty sets cos i'm not.

34 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

' own money' enlighten us nev? aint that what your mob have, rather stupidly imo, been up in arms about for the last ??? years, think you'll find in general most clubs/ business's are leveraged. so 'own money,' as far as i can tell is a pretty  much a thing of yesterday or a termsomething that little hate mag the daily mail come up with for the ignorant   and that aint saying i'm in agreement in the way man city are run and the precedents their stupidty sets cos i'm not.

But the morals of it is their cash is oil and there aint no question where that wealth is from. Natural resources. But your man's cash, well let's just say he pilfered a few pensions and leave it there. You choose what you wish to see. Selective memory that's called.

If I watch the game it'll be an 0-0 or 1-1 bore-a-thon leading to ET before losing on penalties. If I don't watch it it'll be a thrilling goal fest & a win for UTD...

I'll watch a re-run tomorrow! :) 

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Congratulations and well done United,three trophies this season under our "busted flush/turd" of a manager......Champions League football by rights next season....... and another Europa League Trophy returning to England :clap2:

Congrats.

Loved your post Sparkles...

"...Most Reds have given up coming here as its difficult to have an intelligent debate without the haters and their one liners...

...If United  happen to win, or lose the usual suspects will be on here whining , or mocking, United. Its what makes this forum at times about anything but football and is like a bunch of old womans shelling peas..."

So true and the reason some decent posters have departed here. Your post really makes me consider whether I can be bothered anymore on here after 11 years...

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

well done man u,a bit disapointed with ajax a houseold name that i can remember as being up there with the best in the world.

how they got to the final is a mystery to me,they were never going to win against a side who had a game plan and it worked a treat.

with a side with so many side lined its who's goner stay and who goes.

roll on the 3rd.of june hopefully we will see a GOOD GAME.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Congrats.

Loved your post Sparkles...

"...Most Reds have given up coming here as its difficult to have an intelligent debate without the haters and their one liners...

...If United  happen to win, or lose the usual suspects will be on here whining , or mocking, United. Its what makes this forum at times about anything but football and is like a bunch of old womans shelling peas..."

So true and the reason some decent posters have departed here. Your post really makes me consider whether I can be bothered anymore on here after 11 years...

Sady  a old worn out nark, who thinks he is mightier then   the rest  on this board,     E/S  gets a good fix, from his posts,  leave the old nark be

Edited by evenstevens

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes well done Peter.

Hopefully you will try to sign some better players who will restore some panache to your play next season.

You go with what you have available at the time Ronnie,everyone wants to see exciting attacking football but its not always possible and there was much riding on the result last night from Uniteds point of view,so sometimes the end result becomes all important.

Spurs (since they were dumped out of the European comps) have played some wonderful football especially at home and yet have nothing to show for it......no one remembers runners-up :sad:

The most pleasing aspect of the game was that 4 of the players involved grew up in Uniteds academy and 4 more made their debuts last weekened,most have represented England at a junior level,hopefully they can take the next step up and give all english football fans something to shout about in the future :thumbsup:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Congrats United

Much appreciated Barry,not the prettiest of games but in the  "big business" of football today the result was all important :wai:

15 hours ago, evadgib said:

If I watch the game it'll be an 0-0 or 1-1 bore-a-thon leading to ET before losing on penalties. If I don't watch it it'll be a thrilling goal fest & a win for UTD...

I'll watch a re-run tomorrow! :) 

VPN needed but other streams weren't working when I tried earlier...

https://www.itv.com/hub/uefa-europa-league-highlights/1a8629a0123

On 24/05/2017 at 9:25 AM, Sparkles said:

Most Reds have given up coming here as its difficult to have an intelligent debate without the haters and their one liners

Pogba as I have said before will be a major influence next season now all the hype has died down and prove the knockers dead wrong.His sublime pass for Harrop was what he can do but needs to play further up the pitch in an attacking role.  Bailly will also prove to be one of Uniteds best ever defenders

If United  happen to win, or lose the usual suspects will be on here whining , or mocking, United. Its what makes this forum at times about anything but football and is like a bunch of old womans shelling peas.

We are used to it Sparkles,been going on for years its all based on jealousy,in all walks of life there are folk out there who begrudge anyone and anything that is successful/popular.......they say Mother Teresa used to get hate letters enquiring  as to why she was so popular :clap2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Sady  a old worn out nark, who thinks he is mightier then   the rest  on this board,     E/S  gets a good fix, from his posts,  leave the old nark be

With age comes knowledge and a lifetime of experience. Far from worn out but perhaps you can explain why this forum has lost so many  football people,espeially on the United thread. Unlike yourself they were  knowledgable people who have been there and done it and dont whine everytime a bit of club news makes the tabloids.

Its comes down to boredom why they have left,never to return

Your club will never reach the heights that United have achieved and I am relieved you get a fix from my posts and learn a bit along the way.

Heaven knows you need some help

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, petermik said:

We are used to it Sparkles,been going on for years its all based on jealousy,in all walks of life there are folk out there who begrudge anyone and anything that is successful/popular.......they say Mother Teresa used to get hate letters enquiring  as to why she was so popular :clap2:

Well petermilk you could well be left holding the baton on this forum next season. I have tried to get fellow footballers I know involved and when they see some of the posts they say"why would you bother"

What eventuated last night in a drab game was the only way United would get back in the CL.They did it to a tee and the City of Manchester got a lift

United simply suffocated Ajax who had 67 % possession but the not the ability to breakthrough.Wayne Rooney could have played 90 mins in goal.It wasnt pretty but it was effective.

Looking at the player ratings this morning Pogba and Fellaini scored high and I totally agree Ajax seemed unable to deal with their physical prescence and after hitting the post 8 times this year Pogba finally got a break with a deflected goal.

The medal presentation set a record for players on crutches but nice to see Zlatan walk unaided.

I wish there was a team format where it was compulsory for teams to field a certain number of players that have come through the Academy but the method escapes me.I look at the likes of Tueznabe, Fonsu, Harrop, Peirara,Mitchell,Gomes and others and the last thing they need is to be sitting in the stands

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I wish there was a team format where it was compulsory for teams to field a certain number of players that have come through the Academy but the method escapes me.I look at the likes of Tueznabe, Fonsu, Harrop, Peirara,Mitchell,Gomes and others and the last thing they need is to be sitting in the stands

You may recall that this was tried in the Champions League in the mid 90s. United suffered under the rules (I think it was before the class of 92) and the likes of Keane, Cantona and Konchelskis had to be omitted from the team. 

United show what can be done with a properly run youth system but I think having the same manager for 26 years did help. If Utd go into the practice of changing manager every 2 or 3 years it could damage the youth system. Utd fans have to hope that Mourinho is there for the long run and gets to grips with the style of play required. 2 trophies in the first season is a pretty decent starting point.

• Like 1