Manchester United

redrus

Looks like either Mourinho or Pogba has to go. I reckon it'll be Pogba in January. It'll be interesting to see what kind of offers United receive, and from whom. You have to think that at this point Pogba's value has declined some, though there will be plenty of clubs who figure they can get the best out of him. What the "best" of Pogba looks like is another question.

And Mourinho won't come out of thus unstained. One more example of questionable man management skills.

25 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Looks like either Mourinho or Pogba has to go. I reckon it'll be Pogba in January. It'll be interesting to see what kind of offers United receive, and from whom. You have to think that at this point Pogba's value has declined some, though there will be plenty of clubs who figure they can get the best out of him. What the "best" of Pogba looks like is another question.

And Mourinho won't come out of thus unstained. One more example of questionable man management skills.

I actually don't think his stock has gone down.  Managers will recognize he isn't suited to playing in Mourinho's system, and he wouldn't be the first.  But i would agree, Pogba first, Mourinho to follow.  United are not improving despite a quality squad and shedloads of money spent.  He's yesterdays man and United could do much better........and as the weeks go by they just slip further and further behind City and Liverpool.  I for one am more than happy for United to keep Mourinho.  I younger, more forward thinking manager could transform that squad, and if he possessed an ounce of man management which Jose doesn't, would united the squad as well from the somewhat miserable and fractured state it currently looks.  My may concern is where they'll go looking for his replacement.

Mind you, you could buy into the theory that there isn't a problem between the two of them!!!

Salt to the wound would be losing to Derby and only managing four shots on target to a second tier team at Old Trafford, adding credence to Pogba's comments about wanting to play a more attacking style of football at Old Trafford.   

Edited by carmine

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I actually don't think his stock has gone down.  Managers will recognize he isn't suited to playing in Mourinho's system, and he wouldn't be the first.  But i would agree, Pogba first, Mourinho to follow.  United are not improving despite a quality squad and shedloads of money spent.  He's yesterdays man and United could do much better........and as the weeks go by they just slip further and further behind City and Liverpool.  I for one am more than happy for United to keep Mourinho.  I younger, more forward thinking manager could transform that squad, and if he possessed an ounce of man management which Jose doesn't, would united the squad as well from the somewhat miserable and fractured state it currently looks.  My may concern is where they'll go looking for his replacement.

Mind you, you could buy into the theory that there isn't a problem between the two of them!!!  

You are right, Mourinho is a master tactician but not a good man manager. Very few, if any, of the current squad are achieving their full potential.

Best man for the job? Espirito Santo at Wolves. Has done wonders with his squad and his players would die for him. Also learned his tactics under Mourinho.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You are right, Mourinho is a master tactician but not a good man manager. Very few, if any, of the current squad are achieving their full potential.

Best man for the job? Espirito Santo at Wolves. Has done wonders with his squad and his players would die for him. Also learned his tactics under Mourinho.

I'm very impressed with Santo but a club like United can appeal managers across the board.  Mourinho was a master tactician but his current system seems to begin and end at "stifle the opposition."  Look at the football City and Liverpool are playing, its light years ahead.  

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You meant better really didn't you? 

Come on mate, I've supported United all my life and was chuffed when Mourinho arrived, but he hasn't delivered. Time for him to go. We deserve better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I’m quite happy for United to give Moureen plenty more time. Probably best if they give him a contract extension till about 2025

All joking apart, i'm sure you actually would!!  Alas,  sadly Jose is not long for this job.  

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Should give Moyesy another chance....after all, he still has a year of his initial contract left:biggrin:

I found the original appointment of Moyes one of the most bizarre decisions in living memory.

There were tried and proven candidates, winners of european silverware, skilled in the workings of a big club like United and they pick wee Davey Moyes, a man so hopelessly under qualified and out of his depth it was a jaw dropper!!  And never at any point did he look anything other than over awed and a rabbit in the headlights.

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

I found the original appointment of Moyes one of the most bizarre decisions in living memory.

There were tried and proven candidates, winners of european silverware, skilled in the workings of a big club like United and they pick wee Davey Moyes, a man so hopelessly under qualified and out of his depth it was a jaw dropper!!  And never at any point did he look anything other than over awed and a rabbit in the headlights.

We have SAF to thank for that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"There were tried and proven candidates, winners of european silverware, skilled in the workings of a big club like United and they pick wee Davey Moyes..."

In fairness to Moyes, (1) he was doing a great job at Everton so his stock was high and (2) ManU have since tried TWO of those tried and proven candidates, winners of european silverware, and they've shown it isn't easy to replace Fergie.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jellydog said:

Best that he goes IMO as his lack of people management skills has been evident here and at Chelsea and seem to have gotten worse.

Pay him off now as it doesn't look like Utd are due any silverware this year, so can't be any worse if he goes.

Just now, xylophone said:

Best that he goes IMO as his lack of people management skills has been evident here and at Chelsea and seem to have gotten worse.

Pay him off now as it doesn't look like Utd are due any silverware this year, so can't be any worse if he goes.

I agree with this. Who seriously is looking at Jose as a long term plan. He's just too toxic these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I agree with this. Who seriously is looking at Jose as a long term plan. He's just too toxic these days. 

Err, ManU's management  are, as illuatrated by him signing a contract extension in January, committing his future to the club until 2020 with the option of another year; would they be extending him if they wanted him out?

He took over from the dutch fella who'd done not alot,

won two trophies 1st seaon, came 2nd last season, got in to CL and ManU have just announced record revenues.

So while there's a few bumps in the road arguably ManU are still going along ok under Maureen.

Who would they replace him with anyhow?

Would they  really want to tear up the script and start again for the 4th time in is it 5 years?

I reckon unless Maureen shoots himself  in the foot he'll  be there for quite a while yet to see if he can push the squad forward - with that squad and a few additions it's possible.

Rule no 1. Make no decisions on the basis of a result in the wretched (insert latest sponsor name) Cup.

I don't give a blind F if Brentford beat us tonight! That cup's only merit is a run-out for a B team and I hope our new manager follows the old manager's lead in that regard - just about the only thing Arsene got right in his dotage. I won't berate Unai too much if he feels he has to be his own man for now though.

1 minute ago, SantiSuk said:

Rule no 1. Make no decisions on the basis of a result in the wretched (insert latest sponsor name) Cup.

I don't give a blind F if Brentford beat us tonight! That cup's only merit is a run-out for a B team and I hope our new manager follows the old manager's lead in that regard - just about the only thing Arsene got right in his dotage. I won't berate Unai too much if he feels he has to be his own man for now though.

How's the team looking this season Santi? Look ok to me going forward but i bet those centre backs give you the collywobbles.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Err, ManU's management  are, as illuatrated by him signing a contract extension in January, committing his future to the club until 2020 with the option of another year; would they be extending him if they wanted him out?

He took over from the dutch fella who'd done not alot,

won two trophies 1st seaon, came 2nd last season, got in to CL and ManU have just announced record revenues.

So while there's a few bumps in the road arguably ManU are still going along ok under Maureen.

Who would they replace him with anyhow?

Would they  really want to tear up the script and start again for the 4th time in is it 5 years?

I reckon unless Maureen shoots himself  in the foot he'll  be there for quite a while yet to see if he can push the squad forward - with that squad and a few additions it's possible.

I don't agree. I believe a fresh face could have that team rocking. Playing to the players strengths  keeping with the clubs traditions of attack mindedness is the way to go. He did well in season 1 but this behind the scenes info of not relocating his family and continual player upheaval adding to the fact he is at odds with two of his major signings. Sanchez completely underperforming for his manager and pogba rightly critical of the current methods. Klopp fine tuned his systems from s1 to now.  We have seen a different approach  to ensure fatigue was not apparent as it was perviously. What harm could it do to listen to your main players, pundits and fans and find out if they have the guile to play with more flair? Pride is in the way I think and that's a personal matter not a professional one.

re BB's how's it going question .....

Rocky road. Each match seems to be just a question of whether we can outscore our own defence! Interesting to watch for the neutral and much use of a sofa's behind for the gunner fan!

More options to play with and maybe a better outcome as and when Koscielney and Kolasinac return to full match fitness though the former is getting slower and the latter sometimes error prone. Even having a shout for fourth still looks a long shot, unless Spurs fail to recover their mojo. The last few times we were fourth it was mostly about beating all the teams that should be beaten more consistently than most and I suspect we have a chance of getting that capability back.

Happy with Emery - looks less likely to tolerate fools out of misplaced loyalty like Arsene. He might have to alter his 'play-out-from-the-back' strategy though if the defence/keeper continues to be caught in posession. No shame in hoofing a few if you have the likes of Aubamayang and Lacazette on the other end.

Edited by SantiSuk

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I don't agree. I believe a fresh face could have that team rocking. Playing to the players strengths  keeping with the clubs traditions of attack mindedness is the way to go. He did well in season 1 but this behind the scenes info of not relocating his family and continual player upheaval adding to the fact he is at odds with two of his major signings. Sanchez completely underperforming for his manager and pogba rightly critical of the current methods. Klopp fine tuned his systems from s1 to now.  We have seen a different approach  to ensure fatigue was not apparent as it was perviously. What harm could it do to listen to your main players, pundits and fans and find out if they have the guile to play with more flair? Pride is in the way I think and that's a personal matter not a professional one.

Who's a "fresh face" they would replace him with then?

Looks like Pogba wants to give Mourinho a knuckle sandwich.:hit-the-fan:

Honestly, how much longer before United decide to remove Pogba from the squad ? It doesn't matter who's to blame you can't have that going on without responding. It looks like Pogba would be content to take a holiday until he's sold in January.

• Like 1

Seriously though this is embarrassing for any club. Every club has a few wobbles every now and then but this thing at United is just fractured from top to bottom. It's not just every now and then either it's week in week out problems and you only have to glance at that team and know something is very wrong there.

Which other thread would you end up with a City, Liverpool and Spurs fan the only ones discussing a club which isn't even their own. It's like the Middle East with people who like talking politics, suddenly everyone's a <deleted/> expert.

I'm withholding any comment until the media led *** fest is over.

• Haha 1