What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

As I said, up to you! If you are one of these people who give lots of advice and do nothing, that is your choice.

Right on. My advice is to do nothing and save people from wasting their time.

Now instead of all this back and forth bickering, get on with your plan to make a complaint to the police. Please let us know of your progress. Prove me wrong.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter-to-Member_14Aug_website2.jpg

Is this information applicable to all the clubs which have closed???

Is there still a faint glimmer of hope for the Pattaya club?

Seadoo will be here soon to tell us what his meetings with the diraction of the Avenue resulted in.I.m sure that the answer will be that they are above all laws and will defy all court orders.

It may be that nothing will actually come of a complaint, but should they be allowed to perpetuate the belief that this kind of thing is accepted willy nilly in Thailand?

You need to wake up to yourself. The company is broke. There is no money. Get over it.

If some of you want to waste your time, go ahead.

Hmmm....pot... kettle. :)

It may be that nothing will actually come of a complaint, but should they be allowed to perpetuate the belief that this kind of thing is accepted willy nilly in Thailand?

You need to wake up to yourself. The company is broke. There is no money. Get over it.

Hmmm....pot... kettle. smile.png

You missed it again....I'm talking about getting over a wasted membership fee, not getting over the closure of the only decent gym in Pattaya. That won't happen until another decent gym opens up.

For me the small membership fee was not a consideration.

One of the workers at Villa Market (grocery store next to CA WoW), told my Thai buddy that the store (and cafe) has noticed a drop in customers since CA Wow has closed. True, these customers did not buy a whole cart full of food items, but who does in there?

One of the workers at Villa Market (grocery store next to CA WoW), told my Thai buddy that the store (and cafe) has noticed a drop in customers since CA Wow has closed. True, these customers did not buy a whole cart full of food items, but who does in there?

Many members would pop into Villa for a meal or a quick shopping spree. I used to pick up items nearly every time I went to the gym. Often 1000 baht or so per trip.

You'd have to be a tourist with money burning holes in your pocket to buy shopping trolley's full there. It's hard to believe they have customers paying the prices they ask for exotic fruit.

Edited by tropo

Seadoo will be here soon to tell us what his meetings with the diraction of the Avenue resulted in.I.m sure that the answer will be that they are above all laws and will defy all court orders.

5555555555555 - I love your work.

5555555555555 - I love your work.

Can I have a " like this "rolleyes.gif

Hmmm....pot... kettle. smile.png

You missed it again....I'm talking about getting over a wasted membership fee, not getting over the closure of the only decent gym in Pattaya. That won't happen until another decent gym opens up.

For me the small membership fee was not a consideration.

I don't miss anything. When you were told to 'get over it', you cried like a baby. Now you are as harsh and sarcastic as can be,

So, take it easy. You could have expressed your opinion in a much nicer way, whilst keeping good humour..

I don't miss anything. When you were told to 'get over it', you cried like a baby. Now you are as harsh and sarcastic as can be,

So, take it easy. You could have expressed your opinion in a much nicer way, whilst keeping good humour..

I disagree with everything you say, but thanks for taking the time to explain yourself.

Now be a good child and run along now....

As I said, up to you! If you are one of these people who give lots of advice and do nothing, that is your choice.

Now instead of all this back and forth bickering, get on with your plan to make a complaint to the police. Please let us know of your progress. Prove me wrong.

Getting quite nasty with everone. Lost it!

Getting quite nasty with everone. Lost it!

I'd say you've lost it. You told us about your plan to report this to the police. All I'm saying is, good luck and please report back on your progress.

Nothing nasty about that. Are you expecting others to hold your hands?

Getting abusive messages now! He has really spat his dummy out! But if you don't want to do anything, stop complaining.

I was only asking if anyone else was taking any action after being ripped off! Seems that was the wrong question to ask and you are quite happy with the situation.

"up to you"

stop complaining.

I was only asking if anyone else was taking any action after being ripped off! Seems that was the wrong question to ask and you are quite happy with the situation.

"up to you"

I'm not complaining about being ripped off - you are. Sure, some people who paid for memberships near the time of the closure would be really upset, but I got my money's worth and more. No one I know who took lifetime memberships 3 or 4 years ago thought it would last long but the deals were so good one year would have been enough to make it a good investment. The complaints are about there not being a good substitute gym in town.

You're the only one that I've heard of who wants to report the situation to the police. Now please go ahead and do that and report back here about what goes down. It could be quite amusing but I suspect you won't do it and you're just blowing hot air. As you're so fond of saying... "up to you".

In the meanwhile all we can do is sit back and wait. The gym and all its equipment is still intact. Something has to happen sooner or later - perhaps a new operator may step in.

Edited by tropo

Enough !! one more tantrum from anyone and I will close the topic.

Everyone is sick and tired of this bickering all the time, facts about the closure and the alternatives are what is important here.

I have news for all the Tony's fans - the new gym on Soi Buakhao has finally opened. It's 24 hours and it is not air conditioned with small wall mounted fans only. Being on the top floor with a tin roof it will be the hottest Tony's yet, so people who like to sweat a lot, get on down there when the sun is beaming in the afternoons - you won't be disappointed.

There's lots of weight machines of all types. They have Cybex Stickers, but judging by the finish I don't believe they are genuine. There's 2 refurbished Hammer Strength machines from the old Soi 16 gym. There's a rack of old DB's gleaned from his other gyms... one bench press with an old set of plates, an ezy curl bar with preacher bench and a Smith Machine - that's it for free weights. There is no rack for squats. The mirrors are of no use unless you are standing up.

For anyone interested in working up a sweat on cardio - 2 steppers, 2 new upright LifeCycles, 2 new recumbent LifeCycles, 2 new LifeFitness Ellipticals, 5 new LifeFitness treadmills... so if you don't mind the heat, you get to train on some new cardio machines. Don't expect to have a fan blowing on you either as they are small and not well positioned.

He's set this up as a cheap option gym with daily visits of 90 baht, weekly at 1250 and a yearly membership of just over 5000. Lifetime for this gym only is 14,999 baht. It will likely appeal to the tourists wanting a quick and cheap workout.

So there's an early review of his brand new "amazing" Soi Buakhao gym.

woah not even a new set of db's or some nice bench.. and no ac, I'm really amazed tongue.png

Glad I did not take his crap offer of lifetime deal betting this new gym would be any better.. biggrin.png

There are some new benches to lie/sit on with the old DB's. All the plates for the Smith Machine and bench press are old too... and that's ok in terms of function - but they do look out of place amongst his new equipment.

If you were thinking of taking the lifetime deal in the hope this gym was going to make it worthwhile, you made a good decision. Low overheads were obvioulsy his goal here - low electricity bills and run by staff working in his new bar next to the gym.

Edited by tropo

I have news for all the Tony's fans - the new gym on Soi Buakhao has finally opened. It's 24 hours and it is not air conditioned with small wall mounted fans only. Being on the top floor with a tin roof it will be the hottest Tony's yet, so people who like to sweat a lot, get on down there when the sun is beaming in the afternoons - you won't be disappointed.

There's lots of weight machines of all types. They have Cybex Stickers, but judging by the finish I don't believe they are genuine. There's 2 refurbished Hammer Strength machines from the old Soi 16 gym. There's a rack of old DB's gleaned from his other gyms... one bench press with an old set of plates, an ezy curl bar with preacher bench and a Smith Machine - that's it for free weights. There is no rack for squats. The mirrors are of no use unless you are standing up.

For anyone interested in working up a sweat on cardio - 2 steppers, 2 new upright LifeCycles, 2 new recumbent LifeCycles, 2 new LifeFitness Ellipticals, 5 new LifeFitness treadmills... so if you don't mind the heat, you get to train on some new cardio machines. Don't expect to have a fan blowing on you either as they are small and not well positioned.

He's set this up as a cheap option gym with daily visits of 90 baht, weekly at 1250 and a yearly membership of just over 5000. Lifetime for this gym only is 14,999 baht. It will likely appeal to the tourists wanting a quick and cheap workout.

So there's an early review of his brand new "amazing" Soi Buakhao gym.

So I wonder how much hotter it is going to be than the plastic tent? It is much close for me and cheaper. I dont do any cardio anyway so I might try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

So I wonder how much hotter it is going to be than the plastic tent? It is much close for me and cheaper. I dont do any cardio anyway so I might try it out tomorrow and see how it goes.

I think it would probably depend on the time you go. The plastic tent could be cooler after the sun has gone down until before they turn off the aircon at 9pm. The new gym may be cooler after 9pm because it's wide open. During the day - I predict it will be hotter than the plastic tent.

Please let us know how you go.