Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

I have to admit I did not grew up with The Moody Blues , a bit too early for me , I was a teenager in the late 70's. 

But Justin Hayward, who wrote most of their hits,  made some songs back then that are looked upon as timeless today .  

Another one I forgot completely  

• Like 1

The Letter written by Wayne Carson , here's the original by The Box Tops 1967 

But it became more famous when Joe Cocker and Leon Russell made this cover in 1970

Amii Stewart with a disco version in 79 :

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

I remember when Janis Joplin died and Jerry Garcia took a lot of stick for his comments of along the lines of ' Whatever happens, happens.' Some thought he should have been more proactive and protected her from herself.

Whatever, he didn't take much better care of himself later on!  But Robert Hunter wrote the lyrics and Garcia this tune for her.

• Like 1

That was great jvs and thanks for posting it but I was thinking of the one with Leon Russell on the Mad Dogs tour with the back-up girls. The end is fantastic as they refuse to end the song, trading the refrain between each other.

Here's a version from 69. I remember when some folks took the mick out of Joe because of his unusual arm movements when singing.

Llike a spastic they used to say before that word became non p.c.. But looking at him now I wonder if he was an early proponent of the air guitarist/ come drummer. sometimes he seems to be imitating hitting cymbals, other times his left hand seems to be flaying imaginary strings ( left handed).

• Like 2