Looking For Business Partner

kiwi6

Looking for an active business partner to open a fastfood franchise brand in Thailand. Approx. total cost 3-4 million Baht, franchise buyers to reach breakeven point in 2-4 years. Partner shares 50% cost and profit. Anyone interested please pm me for more details.

This is a good opportunity to advise people to conduct due diligence before investing with anybody they don't know. (This is an advice to both the OP as well as any interested people.)

Make sure there is a solid business plan, and check the fact on which it is based. Break-even point in 2-4 years: This will be based on market research data. What data is this, where was it obtained from, is it complete and credible? Why would there be space in the market for another fastfood chain?

Check the math in the financial plan. I'm serious.

If the partner's share for cost and profit is agreed upon, make sure you have a good legally binding contract. Oops, there must be at least 51% Thai ownership, so how does Mr. kiwi6 want to ensure that? Or is he a Thai person? (Please let us know.)

There are so many questions, and I thank the OP for bringing it up. It can make this forum very educational. I don't expect the business plan for this particular venture to be laid out on the open forum, but "looking for a business partner" is something we have read so often, it is time to learn how to evaluate such requests. Brooklyn Bridge is for sale you know.

• Like 1

Thanks tombkk for your valuable advice. Sure, I will conduct due diligence regarding the business, as well as the background of a potential partner before starting a new venture. Btw, at the moment I am not interested to buy Brooklyn Bridge smile.png

Thanks Jim. Will update my profile at some stage. I see you are in the rubber business...enjoyed reading your blog...btw are you looking into a partnership?rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the blog comment, unfortunately with the price of rubber at the moment, the only thing I am looking into is a big glass of cold beer. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Kiwi6, not really interested in fastfood, but most people who run or want to have some form of business generally try to keep a high profile on the net, free advertising. Your profile is sadly lacking. jim

The forum rules don't allow free advertising in posts, it would be considered spam. You cannot even put your commercial website into your profile before becoming an official sponsor.

That's the way it is. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Have you tried LinkedIn?

There's also an annual franchise expo at BiTec...

If bringing an existing franchise you may want to consider why it isn't here already and the cost of doing business here when paying franchise fees to the Master Franchise Holder.

If not an existing Franchise 3-4M isn't enough - it may not be enough to break into a crowded market that has brands that spend that amount on launching a product let alone a franchise.

Start up experience, connections and local industry experience will be key - good luck and hope to read of your success...

Kiwi6, not really interested in fastfood, but most people who run or want to have some form of business generally try to keep a high profile on the net, free advertising. Your profile is sadly lacking. jim

The forum rules don't allow free advertising in posts, it would be considered spam. You cannot even put your commercial website into your profile before becoming an official sponsor.

That's the way it is. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

Name, location, occupation, that's advertising. Anyone interested can then Google you.