• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any of my 5 cbr 150's

Why would anyone have 5 CBR 150s?

Aspirations for a 750?

Any further info anyone? Holing off on a new Er6 here...

It's going to be a while I think, hopefully the rumours are true about it being sold exclusively through Big Wing so we can avoid the usual price gouging ritual of the AP Honda corner shops which should remove the associated 3-6 month wait for prices to return to normal.

On the downside, the lack of price gouging will increase the early sales numbers and hence the waiting list will be pretty big I'd imagine. With dry season just around the corner I'd probably go for a er6 unless the price is a massive issue, in which case I'd get a used er6 :)

any of my 5 cbr 150's

Why would anyone have 5 CBR 150s?

I move around alot and fly back and forth between thailand and the US, modifying them gave me something to do and as a hobby it's cheaper than messing around with a inline 4. Friends ask to buy them after i get them finished too.

some people wouldnt understand.

Edited by KRS1

If Honda are stupid enough to let Mityon anywhere near a Big Wing in Pattaya no-one will have to worry about price gouging! laugh.png

The signs are on the east side of sukumvit (south bound) either before pattaya tai or before teppasit....

The sign is at Soi Khao Talo and Suhkumvit Rd the other side and down 60 metres from Thepprasit Rd

Ok, lets say it's 200.000 baht. Why in gods name would anyone want a 500 when for 40k more they can have an ultra reliable Er6n. I just don't get it! blink.png

Its an ultra reliable Honda. And its cheaper. Why would anyone want to buy something else :)

So basically you just buy a new one every time you come back?

yep thats right, or when i move to another city. Sometimes people offer more than what i bought it for so i let it go too.

Eventhough Im riding a 650 back in the US, i'll probably get another 150 when i get to thailand for driving to the market and 7-11.

sorry folks, that thing really look like shit for a 500, i was expecting something better. strangely it does not look any better than those dressed up market bikes like yammy fz150 or 125er sport bikes for new learners and it look like a megelli 125r, cheap man version that is.

yamaha-fz150.jpg

megelli-125r-wht.jpg

ignoring the price, performance and everything, would you really want to ride that?

i would rather put in 100 man hours rebuilding the good old nsr250. i would shit my in pants from dry clutch even before hitting the peak in the powerband

07202379.jpg

Edited by barefoot1988

Ok, lets say it's 200.000 baht. Why in gods name would anyone want a 500 when for 40k more they can have an ultra reliable Er6n. I just don't get it! blink.png

Where can I buy a brand new er6n for 240k?

A chap I talked to often, at the International gym when I was a member, told me he paid 246.000 baht for one at the Kawasaki dealership up on Sukhumvit Rd. That's what he said. I see no reason for him to lie about it.

I think the Er6N is about 257K.

For me, 57K is a lot of money.

I don't pretend to know your circumstances, but I disagree. It's only a small amount of money. That being said, I would prefer to keep the 57k myself to spend on other things. The truth is I don't need a new bike, not sure I want a new bike, would rather have the 257k (or 246k)...but have been known to fall in love with a bike so much I have to have it! I guess that's what they call a dill-enema.

My guess is that most people (Thais) will never have the need for speeding like us white people. They are happy to cruise at around 150kph... not much more... So a 500 would fit them nicely.

Reliable, ok, history question- Which big bike brand has the reputation of being the most reliable one? I for one would prefer a honda when I am 700km from home, but please tell me, who is considered to be the most reliable?

Does anyone know the seat height of the new honda? Will it be taller than the Er6? what colours will come? many people does not like black and/or green... (they do like the orange..)...

Still, are we sure that this model will be launched here in Thailand? I hope so, but I hope more that honda will create more dealerships in the south, so we can go to the big wing and drool over what we can't have...

57k is not really much money, BUT--- there is always a but... would it not be nice to have that money for modifications? good helmet? fun evening out with friends?

500cc and 650cc in my opinion is not a big difference, it all comes down to how the power is delivered, the ER6 is a very good and extremely capable bike, for the money we pay... Are we really so spoiled now that we can not do anything but complain when the big bikes finaly comes to Thailand? Just wait and your model (the one you really want) might come soon... Good things take time!!!

I don't pretend to know your circumstances, but I disagree. It's only a small amount of money. That being said, I would prefer to keep the 57k myself to spend on other things. The truth is I don't need a new bike, not sure I want a new bike, would rather have the 257k (or 246k)...but have been known to fall in love with a bike so much I have to have it! I guess that's what they call a dill-enema.

$1,845,00 is a small amount of money. really!!. can i have a small loan pleasebiggrin.png

• Like 1

$1,845,00 is a small amount of money. really!!. can i have a small loan pleasebiggrin.png

Some people do not accept that others have much fun with well priced bikes. 50k Baht is neither "a big amount" nor "a small amount", its simply 50k Baht. For everyone.

Where can I buy a brand new er6n for 240k?

A chap I talked to often, at the International gym when I was a member, told me he paid 246.000 baht for one at the Kawasaki dealership up on Sukhumvit Rd. That's what he said. I see no reason for him to lie about it.

How long ago did your friend buy his because all recent evidence suggests nearly 260k?

Two weeks ago we phoned every, and I mean every dealer in BKK. Best deal we could get on a brand new er6n was 256k. And that was with early next year delivery.

Just out of interest, how many dealers are there in BKK selling ER6n's ?

I can't imagine this study took too long...

sorry folks, that thing really look like shit for a 500, i was expecting something better. strangely it does not look any better than those dressed up market bikes like yammy fz150 or 125er sport bikes for new learners and it look like a megelli 125r, cheap man version that is.

yamaha-fz150.jpg

megelli-125r-wht.jpg

ignoring the price, performance and everything, would you really want to ride that?

i would rather put in 100 man hours rebuilding the good old nsr250. i would shit my in pants from dry clutch even before hitting the peak in the powerband

07202379.jpg

To be honest, you could put a wing on the tank of either of those bikes and people would queue up to buy them. Same as they will if this 'cbr'400/500 is ever released. Sad but true...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy

Two weeks ago we phoned every, and I mean every dealer in BKK. Best deal we could get on a brand new er6n was 256k. And that was with early next year delivery.

My wife phoned 5 different dealers, all the ones we could find dealing in kawas, trying to find a new one for my cousin. None had one for immediate delivery and all quoted between 256 and 258k for new year delivery.

yamaha-fz150.jpg

megelli-125r-wht.jpg

07202379.jpg

you are talking about how shitty the 500cc bike is.

We do not even know if it will appear or you never see one or ride one so how can you be sure? Or you are just talking from your ass?:) just to talk about shit on something?

And, if you want to rebuild a 30 years old petrol drinker unreliable narrow banded nsr 250, it is your choice of course. But where will you work on it? or find one in good condition?

I never seen a good mechanic here competent enough to restorate one for a "farang" or how much will it cost?

Just be realistic man.

My wife phoned 5 different dealers, all the ones we could find dealing in kawas, trying to find a new one for my cousin. None had one for immediate delivery and all quoted between 256 and 258k for new year delivery.

5 dealers in BKK selling the er6n? Could you list them please?

Kawasaki,kawasaki,kawasaki,kawasaki,kawasaki

it just seems like 5 because the dealers dont answer the phones so try another number.

Wifey had two official kwak numbers she called and was quoted 256 and 257 bht.

Realmotosport and motoholic both said 258k.

We were given a fifth number of a small shop who said they could also get one for 257k but no delivery date. Sorry don't have their name.

I think that quite a few people bought them for 225000 a few years ago... Seem to remember that was the price when they launched the bikes... The after the intro they were raised to 247000... I might be wrong ofcourse but i cant be bothered to check...

I think the Honda will outsell the kwak once it is released... I am sure that the brand name alone will attract every middleclass Thai... I for one is happy that the selection is getting bigger...

Back on target; has anyone heard rumours that the CB400 is going to be discontinued? If there is going to be (an apparent) twin 400 or 500 semi naked released at what everyone is assuming is going to be ~50 HP, how will that erode, or end, the sales of the current 400 bike which has 52BHP? I'd assume that the CBR*00 from this thread should be quite a bit lighter than the 199+ kg of the CB400 and should be much more entertaining as a result.

I think that quite a few people bought them for 225000 a few years ago... Seem to remember that was the price when they launched the bikes... The after the intro they were raised to 247000... I might be wrong ofcourse but i cant be bothered to check...

The first model year was sold without ABS, subsequent model years with - hence the price increase. ABS doesn't come cheap.

For 2012 I think the suggested retail price is 250,000, an increase of 5k baht over the previous - some things on the bike were upgraded. Plus, it looks way better... the old ER-6n was a love/hate kind of design, the new one is simply looking good.

Sorry to be so OT...

Edited by nikster