Hua Hin Immigration Office Question Re: 90 Day

patekatek

I have to do my 90 day visit to immigration for an extension and this will be the 1st time using the Hua Hin office. From your experiences, are there days or times of the day to avoid because of long waits? I am planning on this coming Thurs, Sept.27th. for a morning meeting with them.

Thanks!

i have always found that turning up during the lunch hour, say about 12.45, and waiting for the doors to open at 1, will normally allow you to get dealt with quickly

can you tell me please mate..... i am due my first reporting for my marriage visa soon....... is the period to report to the office within 7 days of the date of next notification, and not after, or does it have to be the exact same date??

Thanks, I will shoot for the Thursday morning time frame. Maybe the after-lunch window if necessary. I had used the Sriracha Chonburi office before and it didn't seem to matter what time you showed up. It always had a queue. Maybe because of all the factory and labor from around that area. Lots of Asians getting work permit stamped.

I usually go before 10 am on a Tuesday thru Thursday and am usually in and out quickly, however, the last time took a little longer because there were many Burmese in there doing visas and 90 day reporting. Never seen that before.

Thats the downside of the new Tesco laugh.png ...too many Burmeese workersbiggrin.png

If you are talking about a 90 day report based on having an extension of stay (thai wife) you have 15 days prior and 7 days after the date stamped on your last 90 day receipt (TM47)

Thanks for pointing is time frame out. It's nice to know there is some flexibility around the immigration requirements.

i have always found that turning up during the lunch hour, say about 12.45, and waiting for the doors to open at 1, will normally allow you to get dealt with quickly

can you tell me please mate..... i am due my first reporting for my marriage visa soon....... is the period to report to the office within 7 days of the date of next notification, and not after, or does it have to be the exact same date??

If you slide a few hundred baht under the table, you can almost be assured to get into the front of the line, there are several people there who are famous for taking all sorts of bribes

If you slide a few hundred baht under the table, you can almost be assured to get into the front of the line, there are several people there who are famous for taking all sorts of bribes

yea, but slipping cash under the table gives the impression to the immigration officers that all farang are loaded and all farang are happy to pay extra..... this then leaves the next guy through the doors being expected to pay some tea money, and creates an awkward situation if the guy doesnt want to / cant afford to etc....

i suppose tea money is good if you really need something done quickly, or you are acting outside of the rules etc, but people who hand it over too readily are making it difficult for those who would prefer to spend their money elsewhere

yea, but slipping cash under the table gives the impression to the immigration officers that all farang are loaded and all farang are happy to pay extra..... this then leaves the next guy through the doors being expected to pay some tea money, and creates an awkward situation if the guy doesnt want to / cant afford to etc....

i suppose tea money is good if you really need something done quickly, or you are acting outside of the rules etc, but people who hand it over too readily are making it difficult for those who would prefer to spend their money elsewhere

Yeah, and if I see someone doing that to jump in front of me I will report both them and the officer. Do not feed the graft monster. As UKJASE said, if you've screwed up and are late or can't produce what you need to, then maybe it's reasonable in this land of bribes to go around the system, but to just jump the queue? Don't let me catch you doing that while I'm waiting!

• Like 1