Supreme Court Issues Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those obstacles being other equally rich and powerful families/individuals who are holding a grudge against him due to his very fair and honest business practices and the laws enacted whilst he was in power.

:cheesy:

Well you can giggle but part of the imf deal was to liberalize several industries, one of which was telecoms, and AIS took it firmly up the wazoo, whilst until today the banks remain untouched.

Interesting how, within weeks of using a banking license to land and house bank, all the s**t hit the fan. This is sinothai business war, not anything to do with real judgments of legality.

They have all been at it since they came here.

Edited by Thai at Heart

As unique a man as Thaksin is if he doesn't wish to obey the laws of the land then surely it is best for all concerned if he stays away and let those Thais who do try to get by without him. If he doesn't want to play by the rules then there should be no place for him at the table.

Of course we all think the law is wrong sometimes and we are unfairly treated but old Thaks has been caught out a dozen times already and it's getting a bit embarrassing. Don't want him losing face after all.

Whether you say he is a deposed PM, a convicted criminal or merely someone who fleed the scene permanently (all three are correct) he is still has to be acountable but with the dice loaded in his favour due to so many family members in key positions of power he has a better chance of winning justice than any of us.

Edited by bigbamboo

But but but, this was politically motivated! Sondhi is still free! Thaksin is a great man who can do no wrong! Abhisit went to a rich mans school!

Well 2 out of 4 are right anyway. I'm suprised you think that all 4 are correct.

Typical of your meaningless posts.

Scorecard, I am more surprised that it wasn't understood that Ballpoint was being extraordinarily sarcastic.

Edited by animatic

But but but, this was politically motivated! Sondhi is still free! Thaksin is a great man who can do no wrong! Abhisit went to a rich mans school!

Well 2 out of 4 are right anyway. I'm suprised you think that all 4 are correct.

Scorecard, I am more surprised that it wasn't understood that Ballpoint was being extraordinarily sarcastic.

Agreed.

Why the arguments now about whether he is a "fugitive" or not . . . ?

He has multiple arrest warrants out on him now, already been sentenced in one case, he refuses to comply with all requests to stand trial etc and is now "on the run", therefore he is a "fugitive" from the law. Simple.

Anyone who says or thinks different is just a complete idiot.

In fairness they also could be 'partisan propagandists'.

They know it's not so, but that's not what 'the script' says to say.

So 'nearly an idiot' comes to mind, or 'functional moron',

or just 'amoral running dog lackey of the liege-lord capitalist swine'.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

In fairness they also could be 'partisan propagandists'.

They know it's not so, but that's not what 'the script' says to say.

So 'nearly an idiot' comes to mind, or 'functional moron',

or just 'amoral running dog lackey of the liege-lord capitalist swine'.

Your last sentence is spot on . . . I wonder how many others will agree/disagree cheesy.gif

This is sinothai business war, not anything to do with real judgments of legality.

Ah, it's those awful Chinese again . . . must be.

Have you been in Thailand so long that you blame 'others'? 'Foreigners'

I think you will find it has little to do with ethnicity anywhere, rather it is a matter of power and the resulting corruption and feelings of entitlement.

Sure, there will be Chinese families involved but that's because they work hard and succeed while others can't be bothered - it's easier to bitch about them

This is sinothai business war, not anything to do with real judgments of legality.

I think you will find it has little to do with ethnicity anywhere, rather it is a matter of power and the resulting corruption and feelings of entitlement.

Sure, there will be Chinese families involved but that's because they work hard and succeed while others can't be bothered - it's easier to bitch about them

If as i believe this is money related, show me any of the main protagonists on both sides who aren't Thai Chinese.

• Like 1

Agreed.

I'm even more suprised that you two thought that only ballpoint knows about sarcasm.

• Like 1

Sarcasm is lost on most people . . .

And not recognised by others - animatic and scorecard providing fine examples.

haha that's hilarious, trying to kick you with the 'not getting the sarcasm' boot while oblivious to your even more blatant sarcastic post.

ahhhh, this place.

• Like 1

If as i believe this is money related, show me any of the main protagonists on both sides who aren't Thai Chinese.

I never said it isn't money-related, but you seem to equate money solely with Chinese, which is not the case. You made a statement and should back it up, not expect someone who questions it to do the work.

You certainly have a point to a certain degree