Company/work Permit With The Possibility To Do Freelance Work

Dielie

I am looking into starting up a tourism related business (diving, tours and accommodation). The only real problem that I see is how to be able to actively go out and freelance legally in the diving part of the business.

And what would be the best way to establish this business? The business would be owned/operated by my Thai wife and me.

These are the questions I still have concerning the setup of a partnership compared to a sole proprietorship (individual company), So I am looking for an answer to every question for both possibilities.

1) Is it possible at all to get a work permit on this type of company? (I've heard that some labour offices in some provinces don't issue work permits on partnerships, only on a company limited.)

2) Is the work permit valid for 1 year, or only 3 months? (I have a non Immigrant-O visa, based on marriage.)

3) How much are the costs for setup/registration?

4) What are the monthly accounting costs?

5) What are the annual accounting costs?

6) Are there any additional Thai employees necessary in order to obtain the foreigner work permit?

7) What is the requirement for the registered capital and how does this have to be shown/proved ?

Special questions regarding our specific company identity:

I would like to do freelance diving work under the name of our company. I (the foreigner employee) need to be able to accompany my own customers (when diving, not on tours etc., as I know this is not allowed for foreigners) and to be hired out to other companies (dive shops) to take on jobs. An invoice will be issued on completion of the job. See us as a diving service, not a dive school/shop.

1) Would this be this possible?

2) What would be the type of company/company description we need for this ? As we want to do a variety of things, like villa rentals and tour sales, we don't want to be an actual dive company.

3) If we do need to make this a dive company (we will not have any boats or even equipment) , what are further regulations? I would think of insurances, licences, etc....

4) What would be the job description in the work permit? I would think of a combination of the following: office manager, dive consultant (enough to actually go out and dive with people?), sell services/products online.

5) How do we get our TAT license? What is the cost for this (as we've heard about 10,000 and 100,000 Baht deposits)?

6) As we intend to do business online, I assume we would need an e-commerce permit as well. What are the costs for this?

Thanks all !

That's right. There were some rumors, but nothing so far. The option i am looking into right now is somehow being able to work as an employee for one company while still taking on jobs for other companies. Sort of a covered up freelance formula. We'll see what we can do with the job description in the work permit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App