Edited by mania
  • Like 2

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Mania with all your research you are entertaining us and saving us time.

I cant help thinking we've arrived at that point where anyone wanting to compete in this championship has to beat Lorenzo and Pedrosa, they are the two remaining aliens and whilst Marc looks the most likely future alien I think he would be wise to finish today, however I don't think he is all seeing and knowing therefore expect him to be wild. Valentino seems to be able to get up to the bar, then someone puts it higher, it used to be him that did this. Its even applying to Crutchlow and Dovi putting the bar higher for 3rd.

So for me today is crunch time.

Redding can put a big dent in Spanish confidence today.

Moto3 I will barrack for Folger (also go Jack Miller) but expect Maverick to be the one to beat.

• Like 1

Thanks & yes I agree about Lorenzo & Danny being tops in speed & more importantly consistency.

Not to say Marc is not consistent after all he is the one who has finished all races so far on the podium yes?

But while I like to watch the talent what I see is the youthful exuberance that will cost him sooner or later.

I believe he crashed all three session this weekend but would have to read back....This is what will cost him at some point.

Hopping off on purpose at over 200 mph to avoid a wall.....heheh he is lucky to be racing today. I wish him well & hope he stays healthy

Crutchlow is really getting a taste of it now & that could propel him into being a regular now too.

About Dovizioso... did you happen to see Qualifying where Pedrosa was mad & waving his arm at Dovi?

I guess he did not like him drafting off of him to get a good time. But it is not like that is anything new in qualifying smile.png

Looking forward to a great race later today. Italians are a passionate race group & their enthusiasm will be contagious I think

& give us a good race

Edited by mania

Moto 3 you settle into your pack and its on even if your pack is going for 14th or something. Moto2 well Redding is upsetting the Armada good on him.

MotoGP hardly a classic race but the points are starting to tell the tale. Agree Rossi has to qualify better to stay out of Bautista's way, didn't Alvaro take him out first corner somewhere last year?

I saw the Pedrosa arm waving thing with Dovi and just put it down to frustration that he couldn't get a clean lap but he did end up getting one and pole although post race he admitted he was a bit down overall and it showed. Marc 4 crashes for the weekend on the fastest track mmm. All he had to do was finish. Crutchlow still the improver but don't like some of the crashes he is having either.

• Like 1

Yeah that is eh thing with Moto3 you have 2 or 3 pretty great races within the race heheh

I am always amazed to read the times & speeds of those single cylinder 250's

Compared to the 600's & GP class they look a little slow but they are still doing 230kph which is pretty amazing

to me for what they are.

The 600's yeah I would like to see more action because I like watching them.

That class always looks like the fast riders are backing the bikes into the fast turns more than any other class.

I like that

The GP class.....lol

Yes I had to laugh because aside from the Rossi/Bautista tangle it was getting kind of boring.

Although good on Marc to pull right into 3rd early on regardless of starting position then hold it.

I wish they had a little better coverage of his crash. The way he was shaking his head said it all though.

He was bummed & rightfully so. But like I mentioned before the race he impresses me but I know he is very young & using

up his 9 lives rapidly. Even this crash nothing hurt but he cannot keep this up without serious injury & I hope he does stay healthy

as he adds a lot to the action for sure :)

Yeah Crutchlow's accidents are similar as he is pushing to reach the next level too.

Well Catalunya in two weeks & that should be heavily contested by the top three Spaniards ;)

• Like 1

Watched MotoGP this morning, shame for Valentino he said he felt his boot being touched but both he and Alvaro said it was a race incident.

Marc looked like he was held up by Dani and trying to get away overcooked it with front washing with rear following more or less the same time.

Cal was saying he hate's being given hollow victories, and then commented that Jorge is talking with Yamaha on his behalf.

Aleix done it again for sure someone to look out for in the future.

As Jorge and Dani I agree there the ones to beat but Dani seems to be struggling a bit, Jorge was magic to watch.

IOM racing I can only get on utube but on web site John made a nice gesture for those interested :-

To mark the 30th anniversary of Joey’s Dunlop first Isle of Man TT win with Honda, his former team-mate and Honda TT Legends rider John McGuinness will contest today’s Superbike race in tribute Dunlop livery.

The iconic red and black Joey Dunlop/Honda Britain design adorning the Honda TT Legends CBR1000RR Fireblade and McGuinness’s leathers is based on that worn by Dunlop in his final Isle of Man TT in 2000. It was kept under wraps until the very last moment, when 19-times Isle of Man TT winner McGuinness emerged from his team’s pit tent alongside his racing machine.

The tribute is part of a weekend-long celebration by Honda that will pay homage to the ‘King of the Road’. The manufacturer last night hosted a gala dinner with special guest appearances by Dunlop’s former team-mates Ron Haslam, Roger Marshall, Roger Burnett, Carl Fogarty, Phillip McCallen, Michael Rutter and John McGuinness as well as his wife Linda Dunlop and nephews Michael and William Dunlop.

“There are a few reasons why we’ve decided to celebrate the life and times of Joey Dunlop this weekend,” explains Honda (UK) Racing Manager Neil Tuxworth. “First of all he is Honda’s longest standing factory rider – he rode for us longer than any other rider in any championship in Honda’s history – and on top of that he won five world championships and 26 TT races, 24 of which were on Honda machinery. It was in 1983 that Joey secured his first TT win with Honda so 2013 marks the 30th anniversary and it seemed the perfect time to honour him and his career achievements.”

“It’s an honour to be asked to take part in the tribute to Joey,” says John McGuinness. “He was and still is the most famous road racer of all time and although it’s 30 years since his first Honda win he’ll never be forgotten. Seeing the tribute design for the first time brought back all the memories of being Joey’s team-mate, when he wore the red and black livery and I was in pink and purple! It’s an iconic design and he just looked so cool so it’s going to be pretty special getting to wear it in his memory. I can’t wait to see all the faces of the fans and hopefully we can bring home a result for Joey.”
  • Like 1

As Jorge and Dani I agree there the ones to beat but Dani seems to be struggling a bit, Jorge was magic to watch.

IOM racing I can only get on utube but on web site John made a nice gesture for those interested :-

Dani does tend to look more under pressure

especially if someone is nipping at his heels like Marc was for so many laps.

Yet when he gets in front he does calm & get down to business like he did in France & Spain

But yes he looks like he is a bit pressured or struggling when working.

Jorge is like a clock when he gets going

Marc is scary fast but on the edge constantly

That is a cool sidebar on John McG !!

• Like 1

Like BT, ive had a double dose of the breakbone fever, it really knocked me for 6 for a few weeks, but getting over it now,

Heres a few links for live TT racing, although the most exciting is probaly over now, the best was Mc Pint on the last lap of Sundays superbike race, he had to make up 8 or so seconds on Guy Martin for 3rd, which he did and broke the lap record, Kudos to him for getting Joeys leathers on the podium, he said it was the same 13 years ago, Joey on the top step and him 3rd, this time it was Michael Dunlop on the top step, anyway, onto the links,,

http://ttlive.iomtt.com/ this is the live race, look at the left side, click Radio for the live commentary and after race interviews!!

http://www.filmon.com/#Sky-News-_-Spotlight-Entertainment This is where you can watch the days events, scroll down the channels till you come to Live UK TV, [union Jack} click this, then click ITV4, its starts at 4am thai time, and it seems the only prog on that site, i dont think its repeated during the day, or look up ITV4 on Utube,

Seems Toms WSB capaigm is back on track, Scott & Cal doing well, but just now im all wrapped up with the TT, Can Michael do 6 outa 6? well, hes halfway there,

• Like 2

Cheers guys.

Not been posting recently, excuses are, working all hours god sends and my 5 year old playing on line "paint the Unicorn game" and the such like.

Will be watching the first race WSBK tonight, I'll be in bed for the second but will catch tomorrow.

Must say I am mighty impressed by Tom Sykes, go for it boy! Same for Scott Redding in Moto2, and Cal MotoGP. Marquez is already a giant in bike racing, he will become a multi world champion, this year.....well it will fight between Lorenzo and Pedrosa, I am hoping Pedrosa can keep in front, I would love to see Cal be the top Yamaha man though.

Rossi, well, not doing much better than he was with Ducati. He has had a couple of unfortunate incidents but it would great to see the doctor at the front. I don't think he has it in him anymore though.

Cheers

yes when Melandri wins there is usually a lot of action.

race 2 Tom what were you thinking. I didn't see it but to fall off on the sighting lap (not the warm up lap) is not good form. Then pull a lap record from 7 laps down it was all happening. Melandri from hero to zero, Laverty didn't blow up so got his deserved win, and Guintoli added to his points lead. For me the confirmed Ducati man it was good to see Checa start to get the pancake going

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

Not been posting recently, excuses are, working all hours god sends and my 5 year old playing on line "paint the Unicorn game" and the such like.

Will be watching the first race WSBK tonight, I'll be in bed for the second but will catch tomorrow.

Must say I am mighty impressed by Tom Sykes, go for it boy! Same for Scott Redding in Moto2, and Cal MotoGP. Marquez is already a giant in bike racing, he will become a multi world champion, this year.....well it will fight between Lorenzo and Pedrosa, I am hoping Pedrosa can keep in front, I would love to see Cal be the top Yamaha man though.

Rossi, well, not doing much better than he was with Ducati. He has had a couple of unfortunate incidents but it would great to see the doctor at the front. I don't think he has it in him anymore though.

Cheers

Looks like you will have to get another computer.laugh.png

And yeah VR not happy having some bad luck and worse in the championship points wise than last year.sick.gif

BBC 2 commentary :-

A guy they were talking to, I think a manager of VR did say Yam's in 2 years have move on and he has some learning to do.

He apparently is involve with talks at Suzuki too and It was nice to hear him say if Suzuki comes onboard in MotoGP 2014 he will be considering Cal for a factory ride. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yeah that whole thing at Yamaha with Cal is confusing

I imagine their budget is full or close but if Rossi does retire then Cal maybe?

But Cal is not that young either & folks are seeing guys like Marquez now.

I think it would be cool if Cal hooked up with Suzuki though.

@Kwasaki Do you mean VR is talking with Suzuki too? How long was his Yamaha contract for?

@BT: I agree what was Tom thinking eh? Also I have thought the same about Checa & wondered whats what.

Yeah that whole thing at Yamaha with Cal is confusing

I imagine their budget is full or close but if Rossi does retire then Cal maybe?

But Cal is not that young either & folks are seeing guys like Marquez now.

I think it would be cool if Cal hooked up with Suzuki though.

@Kwasaki Do you mean VR is talking with Suzuki too? How long was his Yamaha contract for?

@BT: I agree what was Tom thinking eh? Also I have thought the same about Checa & wondered whats what.

No talks with Suzuki about Valentino just his manager who is involve in trying to get Suzuki back into MotoGP.

Valentino is signed up for 2 years with factory Yam's, so no chance for Cal there.

It would be great for Cal if Suzuki go ahead, I certainly hope they do but there's always that CRT carrot.

With MotoGP it looks to me like they want to do away with it, I wish everyone involved would take a pay cut maybe that would save it.

They are cutting fuel down in MotoGP to 20 litres next year, I just don't understand the people in charge anymore, guess they just want another form of WSBK.

• Like 1

Just got done watching FP1 MotoGP class

Very good & looks like the usual suspects except Marc for some reason was not doing well.

Lor,Ped,Cal, & Rossi all doing well & the only 4 in the 1:42

Have not heard yet what was up with Marc a full second + down

I tell you though look at the track map above & see turn 10?

Must have seen at least 4 guys run out there & almost hit the barriers.

Hayde,Esp,Iannone, & Pesek I think

Looks like that may be a problem spot for race day.

Rossi was cooking along really well & I see he is not wearing the new turtle helmet :)

You know how superstitious they all can be after last weeks helmet debut maybe he

is hanging it up....lol...we will see at race time.

Man I have to say I saw the coolest thing as I was watching this on some Spanish TV

they showed a on board of a Pedrosa lap

But it had a GUI of sorts on the screen with tach & gear.

Was very cool to see so many 2nd gear turns & watch the tach

Looking forward to a good race.

MotoGP FP3

Interesting too !

Marquez is back & took top spot but how about Hayden?

In number 2 slot

Also yesterday he Matched top speed record set in 2004 by Alex Barros on Repsol Honda

at 339.4km/h (210.8mph)

Hey remember I joked about Rossi not using his new helmet he used last week & crashed?

Well Lorenzo has a new helmet this weekend

Today he low sided slid out

Also I saw that GUI onscreen deal again today & took a screen shot of it.

I wish they would use it more often

Very cool ! Lean angle, gear,speed,rpm

Here is one of Marc although not while leaning much. Check out the rpm smile.png

Also Lorenzo new helmet

Here's to another podium Cal.

Great qualifying ride by Dani, now the fastest man ever around the circuit (he will be well chuffed with that).

I missed Qual last night as I had to go out.

Sounds like it was a good one though. Hope to catch a replay today

before the race

Well its hard to go past Dani after a lap like that I saw your post Mania about the top speed, I dunno but I saw Dani hit 342 in QP.

So Dani with Cal and Jorge, qualifying order, race order hmm chuck Jorge up 1.

Re Moto 2 Soihok I want Scott to win this championship too but tonite he may be wise to go for points or at least chill a bit at the start let the paella go down and the Spaniards knock each other round a bit.

Moto 3 well looking at Salom again I think, my man Folger is nursing a motocross injury. Go Jack Miller also of course, my new man.

• Like 2