True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 900b a month for all games, how can anyone reasonably complain?

WE all got it to watch the matches, and we can.

Tennis, rugby, ping pong? U sure.

It is ok and will get better. Meself, like many mates are more than happy.

The garbage on True is easy to download but CTH has the footie which is why we all signed up 4 it.

It's not ALWAYS about the money with EVERYONE old boy.

• Like 1

The garbage on True is easy to download but CTH has the footie which is why we all signed up 4 it.

Some people are happy with mediocrity that's why they follow clubs like Spurslaugh.png

Some people are happy with mediocrity that's why they follow clubs like Spurslaugh.png

Hold on a minute an australian man u fan has cracked a joke laugh.png

I've kept part of my True service, and I also get EPL on CTH which is why most out here have sat services.

Everything else is available online.

<deleted> has money got to do with it, old man?

pLs explain your continual pro-True stance when they now have little to offer.

Phoned up and asked to cancel true gold package today.

Was asked why and said switching to cth for epl.

Offered upgrade to platinum free for three months.

No thanks.

What do I want to remain with true I was asked?

Half price gold package for one year I said.

Final offer is upgrade to platinum for 6 months.

No thanks.

Ok, somebody will collect your box in the next 5 days.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Channel hopping on Gmmz right now and surprised to be watching Saturdays Fulham v Arsenal game. Wonder how many other games they show? Anyone a link to their schedule?

Wrote this before

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658384-i-have-had-cth-installed-gosh-what-have-i-done/#entry6693882

I missed Club Channel, that is here

http://www.gmmsport.com/gmmclubchannel-program1.php

Signed up for True Gold today. I'll see if the horror stories about True apply in my case. I'll make the short walk to the local bar for EPL. If CTH improves maybe I'll take out a loan and add them on.

Arsenal into the group stages. The gamble of hanging onto my Gold package so I can watch the Champions League paid off. Happy days (apart from the bladdy costsmile.png).

Must go and threaten to pull it all out to see what reduced price deal I can get with True now. I note they have not offered anything voluntarily and still have me paying 2,000 baht for 2 gold packages. Keep posting your deals!

Signed up for True Gold today. I'll see if the horror stories about True apply in my case. I'll make the short walk to the local bar for EPL. If CTH improves maybe I'll take out a loan and add them on.

Arsenal into the group stages. The gamble of hanging onto my Gold package so I can watch the Champions League paid off. Happy days (apart from the bladdy costsmile.png).

Must go and threaten to pull it all out to see what reduced price deal I can get with True now. I note they have not offered anything voluntarily and still have me paying 2,000 baht for 2 gold packages. Keep posting your deals!

Watching CL play, as well as US Open this morning. I can't see where the picture quality on CTH could be much better than True. HD picture is wonderful.

The next Mayweather fight on True.

I think it pretty much boils down to how interested you are in sports other than EPL.

No complaints so far.

No thanks.

No thanks.

Just off the phone after true called.

They offered gold package for the next 6 months at 590 bht per month! Quite a saving. Admitted to wifey that they are losing many customers no longer having epl.

No thanks.

No thanks.

They offered gold package for the next 6 months at 590 bht per month! Quite a saving. Admitted to wifey that they are losing many customers no longer having epl.

Great info mate - thanks!

Was there a commitment beyond 6 months? Was it a one year deal with a return to the full price (1,400 ish I think) after 6 months?

I've kept part of my True service, and I also get EPL on CTH which is why most out here have sat services.

Are you serious??

They have pretty much every sport under the sun on 'offer'. Not to mention CL, UEFA cup, Internationals, La Liga, Serie A etc, as far as just football is concerned.

What a very bizarrre question.

Are you serious??

They have pretty much every sport under the sun on 'offer'. Not to mention CL, UEFA cup, Internationals, La Liga, Serie A etc, as far as just football is concerned.

What a very bizarrre question.

So with both services, I have even more of all the sports under the sun, including the most important, ie. EPL.

What an un-thought out post.

Bizarre is sometimes of interest. Un-True propaganda is not .

Edited by Soi Sauce

No thanks.

No thanks.

Great info mate - thanks!

Was there a commitment beyond 6 months? Was it a one year deal with a return to the full price (1,400 ish I think) after 6 months?

Hi. After 6 months was told that you can choose to stay at 590 bht with a reduced package or go back to the current gold price.

After six months I will probably cancel as there is not much that I want in the gold package that is available elsewhere much cheaper.

Currently have gmmz for Eurosport and they have just got fox sports and star sports so there is F1 and motogp taken care of.

Will be getting cth soon to get my epl fix so really no need to keep true.

• Like 1

Afternoon all,

True Visions came today to take away my 2nd box and also they took away the dish, although I have been led to believe that they don't want the dish back, well they obviously do. Anyway, that's fine, but they saw my CTH dish, but I now learn that it sn't a CTH dish, it is a true dish with CTH initials on...the woman said she won't say anything but if True find out there will be a problem and she cited that it has already happened with some people in Pattaya and you could get sued etc. Unkown to me my missus said that when CTH came to fit the dish they told her that it was indeed a True dish but it is better then a CTH dish because it is bigger so we will get a better signal.

So, what do I do? Just leave it and hope nothing will happen, or go to speak to the shop where I had the install from and see what they have to say? I've always read on here that True don't give a monkeys about their dishes, maybe not the case?

I didn't read too much into the fact that the dish was red as I hadn't seen any other CTH dishes, but have just popped out and had a look around and noticed that there are a couple of BLUE CTH dishes around.

Complete amateurs these clowns....

Cheers.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

Pat, Find it hard to believe its not a CTH dish.The baht value of a dish is minimal.Our local shop at Hang, Dong Chiang Mai has a row of about 10 blue CTH dishes outside its shop on the footpath.

I had the pirated True system for quite a while. When they got outed I got the official True system back on I finished up with 2 True red dishes,the techs just smiled when they came out as about 10 people in my soi had the pirated system. I have now cancelled True again and expect them to take one unused dish (stored in the garage) and the box. Deposit is returned in 45 days which is a joke.

.True are not going to be running around Thailand on this issue.

Incidentally when we cancelled True yesterday, in CM, the girl asked why. "No EPL football" I replied.She then went into the sales pitch about the rest of their fabulous programs.

Politely I told her its like paying full price for a bottle of milk that's half full.Totally perplexed look and no offer of discount. Cordial relations were restored and we departed.

I just hope CTH get their act together so we can get the panel shows we had on True and a reliable replay of games schedule

Pat, Find it hard to believe its not a CTH dish.The baht value of a dish is minimal.Our local shop at Hang, Dong Chiang Mai has a row of about 10 blue CTH dishes outside its shop on the footpath.

I had the pirated True system for quite a while. When they got outed I got the official True system back on I finished up with 2 True red dishes,the techs just smiled when they came out as about 10 people in my soi had the pirated system. I have now cancelled True again and expect them to take one unused dish (stored in the garage) and the box. Deposit is returned in 45 days which is a joke.

.True are not going to be running around Thailand on this issue.

Incidentally when we cancelled True yesterday, in CM, the girl asked why. "No EPL football" I replied.She then went into the sales pitch about the rest of their fabulous programs.

Politely I told her its like paying full price for a bottle of milk that's half full.Totally perplexed look and no offer of discount. Cordial relations were restored and we departed.

I just hope CTH get their act together so we can get the panel shows we had on True and a reliable replay of games schedule

Thanks, Sparkles.

Would the dish not be blue though if it was a CTH dish?

I'm really not bothered and am really tired of all this TRUE/CTH talk now, it's doing my head in...it's just the wife now thinks she might get sued by True down the line...not gonna I know, but..

You bought and paid for a CTH dish. In the wholly unlikely event that True really cared a flying f*** about your True dish being pirated by CTH's franchised installer then True's beef would be with the installer not you. You have a contract in good faith for the provision of a CTH disc. Tell them that as far as your are concerned it is a CTH disc. End of.

My CTH franchised installer from Sisaket subbed the work out to an erection team who came from Ubon with a tatty van with CTH stick-on decals. Both guys were wearing True corporate vests!

Afternoon all,

True Visions came today to take away my 2nd box and also they took away the dish, although I have been led to believe that they don't want the dish back, well they obviously do. Anyway, that's fine, but they saw my CTH dish, but I now learn that it sn't a CTH dish, it is a true dish with CTH initials on...the woman said she won't say anything but if True find out there will be a problem and she cited that it has already happened with some people in Pattaya and you could get sued etc. Unkown to me my missus said that when CTH came to fit the dish they told her that it was indeed a True dish but it is better then a CTH dish because it is bigger so we will get a better signal.

So, what do I do?  Just leave it and hope nothing will happen, or go to speak to the shop where I had the install from and see what they have to say? I've always read on here that True don't give a monkeys about their dishes, maybe not the case?

I didn't read too much into the fact that the dish was red as I hadn't seen any other CTH dishes, but have just popped out and had a look around and noticed that there are a couple of BLUE CTH dishes around.

Cheers.

You say "when CTH came to fit the dish...". Do you actually mean CTH or do you mean a third party independent satellite shop?

You bought and paid for a CTH dish. In the wholly unlikely event that True really cared a flying f*** about your True dish being pirated by CTH's franchised installer then True's beef would be with the installer not you. You have a contract in good faith for the provision of a CTH disc. Tell them that as far as your are concerned it is a CTH disc. End of.

My CTH franchised installer from Sisaket subbed the work out to an erection team who came from Ubon with a tatty van with CTH stick-on decals. Both guys were wearing True corporate vests!

Ok, thanks.

Afternoon all,

True Visions came today to take away my 2nd box and also they took away the dish, although I have been led to believe that they don't want the dish back, well they obviously do. Anyway, that's fine, but they saw my CTH dish, but I now learn that it sn't a CTH dish, it is a true dish with CTH initials on...the woman said she won't say anything but if True find out there will be a problem and she cited that it has already happened with some people in Pattaya and you could get sued etc. Unkown to me my missus said that when CTH came to fit the dish they told her that it was indeed a True dish but it is better then a CTH dish because it is bigger so we will get a better signal.

So, what do I do? Just leave it and hope nothing will happen, or go to speak to the shop where I had the install from and see what they have to say? I've always read on here that True don't give a monkeys about their dishes, maybe not the case?

Cheers.

You say "when CTH came to fit the dish...". Do you actually mean CTH or do you mean a third party independent satellite shop?

Sorry, you're correct ot was a third party.

As I say, very tired of all this now.

Confirmed again via a thread on CTH Facebook page that we'll have PLTV by late September! Will be happy when the status quo is restored! Then we can move onto World Cup , RS in talks with TRUE & CTH to sub-license HD rights. But I think I'll get Xmas out the way before I start a new thread on that.

Guest StephenB

This is a good topic.

TrueVision shop at the BigC in Surin cancelled me.lol I had UBC for more then 10 years on diffrent packages on and off, bought the reciever and dish for quite a bit of money back then. When TrueVisions (UBC) updated the encyryption last year I went out and purchased a new box from somebody in Bangkok. A legit Samsung TrueVisions reciever with a truevisions smart card and all the usb ports, ESATA, etc on the back. I paid for the platnuim package, plus disney and some stuff for I believe 6 months or so. Everything fine. Then when the subscription ran out I went back to pay money again, and they told me to get lost. They said since I am not renting a box, I can not subscribe to any packages. I have a thing against renting stuff, even if its free. I took the wife and my samsung truevision reciever box to show them it is a truevision HD reciever, just like on there web site. Is that crazy or what? lol I have always had problems with them not wanting to sell. Its like me running a bakery shop and telling the customers everything is just to look at, not for sale. 555

Last month I bought a Samsung smart TV (which sucks by the way), and the shop gave me a free GMM sat box. I did'nt even know it untile I got home and found it lying on a table. I unplugged the TrueVision box and in went the GMM box. wow was that a surprise!, seems a lot more simple then TrueVisions way. Thinking about adding a c band dish :-)

I only wish there was Bloomberg channel on GMM or CTH.