Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Any comments from anyone who watched the Wolves game? And why didn't Aquilani play?

Good question.

Only Rafa can answer that one.

Thought the game was very scrappy. Job well done for big Mick I think.

Not much to comment on, If we took all 3 points then we wouldn't be asking the question about Aquilani.

If asked before the game, what team I would choose, I would have said the same team as the Spurs game.

Gerrard IMHO came back to soon but he played a full game.

Ok, you need your world class players playing but when there not 100%, field another man.

Heard a roumor stevie H was mistaken for stevie G, Got dangled over the edge of a cliff by his ankles and been to scared to show his face,just a roumor like lad.

Way this season is going, i reckon he would voluntarily jump off that cliff. :)

Seriously though, anyone know where he's got to? Hope all's well.

Heard a roumor stevie H was mistaken for stevie G, Got dangled over the edge of a cliff by his ankles and been to scared to show his face,just a roumor like lad.

Just thinking the same thing Rix, where has our favorite bin dipper gone? Lose his notebook again perhaps in a fit of rage?

We got the defence looking solid again so impressed with the Greek lad! come in and done a great job. I think he won everything near him in the air. Good to see us moving the ball around better than previous games and I really think Aqualina is going to be one of our key players from what I have seen of him, great set up for Kuyt.

Unbeaten in our last 6 games... Some hard games coming though - Everton, Arsenal and then City. And then Europa Cup games soon after.

Key players still to come back.

We got the defence looking solid again so impressed with the Greek lad! come in and done a great job. I think he won everything near him in the air. Good to see us moving the ball around better than previous games and I really think Aqualina is going to be one of our key players from what I have seen of him, great set up for Kuyt.

Unbeaten in our last 6 games... Some hard games coming though - Everton, Arsenal and then City. And then Europa Cup games soon after.

Key players still to come back.

I think you put the rose tinted glasses on to soon.

Rafa is doing what he thinks best in the present circumstances, but the players aren't responding.

Although they were camped out in the other half for the last twenty, overall there was general lethargy amongst most of the team. There should have been at least 2 more goals there. The second would have been a miss except for the Davies connection.

A massive improvement is needed to insert into the top four.

You ahve to admire Benitez's brass neck.

First he runs a once-great footy club into the ground, then he starts threatening it or he'll leave (to wreck another one no doubt).

Still, you won't have to pay him off if he does walk, so some good will come out of it.

IMO, if he was only half as good at doing what he gets paid to do...that of managing a team of young (ish) men to play football, and getting the best out of what he has bought, or has seen fit to keep, as he is at manipulating both the press and a certain type of fan, then LFC would, once again be a force to be reckoned with, on all of the domestic, European, and world stages. Instead we are reduced to a "walk on" role in any chase for honours, and, depending on how badly we do, how soon into the season it is before we get to the "walk OFF again" stage!!!!

I mean....how many times is this now, that he's been (ahem) linked with another club, and been "flattered by their attention"? Five? Six times now?

EVERY time he either feels his position is under threat, or he he needs to feed his seemingly insatiable appetite for buying mediocre player, after mediocre player, and then moaning about it, when they cant play the way they never could play in the first place, he'll play the same card all the time. One day he will get his bluff called

Of course, he has bought some good players along the way.....a broken clock is right twice a day, after all. But, in the main, he cries wolf all the time.

The normally conservative paper The Independent are claiming today that Juventus people are in Liverpool to negotiate Benitez release to move to Juventus next season.Might be a winner for both clubs.Liverpool wont face a huge payout if they show Benitez the door and Juventus will get who they apparently want.

Might be just more rumour but may be better for both parties ,Benitez and Liverpool.I think there has been too said and too much damage done and Liverpool need to move on

The normally conservative paper The Independent are claiming today that Juventus people are in Liverpool to negotiate Benitez release to move to Juventus next season.Might be a winner for both clubs.Liverpool wont face a huge payout if they show Benitez the door and Juventus will get who they apparently want.

Might be just more rumour but may be better for both parties ,Benitez and Liverpool.I think there has been too said and too much damage done and Liverpool need to move on

Just read that article, and picked up on this quote from Rafa:

On Friday, 50-year-old Benitez rejected talk of an imminent move to Juve, saying he was "proud" to be linked with the Old Lady as they are a "top side in Europe" but adding: "I'm happy here and want to do a job as best I can."

Calling Juve a top side in Europe, but not then adding "but so are we" seems a bit rich, athough to be fair this year they are not. And saying he's "proud" and not "flattered" suggests something more concrete in the works.

Shocked we let the young German winger go to Fulham. He was supposed to be quite the talent, right? Quite befuddled at that move, really.

Hey does anybody know if next season with the squad of 25 limitation and 8 homegrown, do young players count? If a youngster like Pacheco who's not yet 21 gets more game time next season but does not play too much, he can still play yet not count in the 25 as he's not old enough. Is that right? Players 20 and younger don't count yet can still play? Confused...

edit: Not asking if someone like Pacheco counts as homegrown (I think he will, anyway, after this season), but counts at all in the squad of 25. Hope it's clear...

Edited by Jimjim

Just thinking the same thing Rix, where has our favorite bin dipper gone? Lose his notebook again perhaps in a fit of rage?

i'm touched by the concern chaps. really. just been busy workwise and was away down the south for ten days on phuket and phi phi for a well-earned spell on the beach. all good ta.

First he runs a once-great footy club into the ground, then he starts threatening it or he'll leave (to wreck another one no doubt).

Still, you won't have to pay him off if he does walk, so some good will come out of it.

haha. yes, that european cup was a particular low point. as was the other final two years later.

keep it up bitter blue, you're a fun stereotype of an evertonian and i enjoy your posts. ifithadn'tofbinferheysel eh? :)

Derby day soon lads.

Remember, all form goes out the window when we play.

Hope we kick chunks out of them like I used to when little Leon lived in our street.

Little b*stard.

Yeah - so do I. C'mon Everton....

Should be a great game and you are right form is usually irrelevant when it comes to Derby day, but I hope you play like you have been doing. Even a draw is a bad result for you lot though.

haha. yes, that european cup was a particular low point. as was the other final two years later.

keep it up bitter blue, you're a fun stereotype of an evertonian and i enjoy your posts. ifithadn'tofbinferheysel eh? :)

You're right about that, by the way, and you lot jammying your way in a couple of seasons ago when you couldn't even get 4th place (we did) on merit, again to our financial detriment. Still, I'm not bitter.

And it's great to see Liverpool fans chirping up for the first time all season. Just hope it lasts!

Way this season is going, i reckon he would voluntarily jump off that cliff. :D

i'm touched by the concern chaps. really. just been busy workwise and was away down the south for ten days on phuket and phi phi for a well-earned spell on the beach. all good ta.

Seems like us two United fans were the only ones to miss you mate. Not sure what's sadder - the fact we missed you or the fact that your fellow fans didn't... :)

Ok, miss is a strong word.

Seriously though, good to hear all's well.

Seems like us two United fans were the only ones to miss you mate. Not sure what's sadder - the fact we missed you or the fact that your fellow fans didn't... :)

haha, fair point that.

here's something to whet the appetite ahead of tomorrow's derby; the earliest ever footage of a merseyside derby, from goodison in season 1902/03. brilliant stuff. it's also quite quaint how little goodison has changed in the past hundred years or so.

haha, fair point that.

here's something to whet the appetite ahead of tomorrow's derby; the earliest ever footage of a merseyside derby, from goodison in season 1902/03. brilliant stuff. it's also quite quaint how little goodison has changed in the past hundred years or so.

either they only had 1 camera or liverpool took a beating?

yeah we lost 3-1, think it says so in the voiceover.

and 'they only had 1 camera'? it's 107 bleeding years ago james, what do you want, slo-mo and playercam?

I thought they should have had one in the goal stevie, considering that's where all the action was. hope it continues this weekend mate :)

yeah we lost 3-1, think it says so in the voiceover.

and 'they only had 1 camera'? it's 107 bleeding years ago james, what do you want, slo-mo and playercam?

I thought they should have had one in the goal stevie, considering that's where all the action was. hope it continues this weekend mate :)

That cameraman knew which goal to be focussed on.

Let's just hope for the same result tomorrow.

Thought a word about our boy Argos at the back was due.

He seems to have steadied the ship, He's not exactly Mr. Hansen but he is doing a very good job at the moment.

There's no way you can leave him out of the side at the moment.

yes, the big greek lad has certainly given us something we were lacking - someone who can bloody well head the ball. hopefully he's giving that big powder puff skrtel some anger lessons.

Thought a word about our boy Argos at the back was due.

He seems to have steadied the ship, He's not exactly Mr. Hansen but he is doing a very good job at the moment.

There's no way you can leave him out of the side at the moment.

yes, the big greek lad has certainly given us something we were lacking - someone who can bloody well head the ball. hopefully he's giving that big powder puff skrtel some anger lessons.

Given the number of sendings off at our Derbies, I think anger management usually means "make sure you let it all out".