Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

You didn't know that Torres had a 27 million Quid (not Euros) release clause in his Athletico contract?????

seem to recall it being rumoured at the time rather than common knowledge or ever definite.

doesn't explain how we got him for £20.2m though does it?

It was actually stated in the press, so seems like common knowledge, or should be to an avid fan.

As I asked before, don't you think that Garcia added some value in part ex when he went the other way?

ah, that ever-reliable monster 'the press'.

i'm not sure you really understand how transfers work. we paid atletico madrid £20.2m for fernando torres. in the same week, we also sold them luis garcia for £4m, in a separate transfer. i don't really care what alleged buy-out clause he was supposed to have, because if it was £27m as you seem to believe, we still didn't pay it. in fact, factor in the cash we got for garcia and we effectively only gave them £16.2m for torres.

i don't know why i'm carrying on with this discussion, you don't seem to have a clue what you're on about.

"The Reds are believed to have agreed a fee just short of the £27m get-out clause stipulated in Torres’ contract. Atletico also want Reds winger Luis Garcia and value him at £4m"

27 mill buyout.

22.5 mill in cash

4 mill valuation of Garcia.

26.5 mill, close enough

All the necessary info is out there if you care to look, which I'm guessing you don't.

Just stay as deluded as Benitez who is claiming thaty his net spend on transfers was 10 mill.:cheesy: :cheesy:

Edited by PattayaParent

i know m, two european cup finals in five seasons with under-resourced liverpool, he is indeed <deleted>. it never ceases to amaze me why the champions of serie a and europe leapt in to appoint him the second he was mutually consented from liverpool given that he is so patently <deleted>.

in other news, damien commoli looks like a sensible appointment. bit out of leftfield but anything that undermines roy's authority and position at this time can be no bad thing.

Under resourced yeah, his use of the 250m he spent, yes SPENT, HE SPENT, summed the Guy up niclely though..

My Nan would have the nouse to sign Torres too if she was a Football Manager so he don't count as one of ( was there any ) the good ones..:D

Any grief tonight stevie after the Naples stuff ??

i know m, two european cup finals in five seasons with under-resourced liverpool, he is indeed <deleted>. it never ceases to amaze me why the champions of serie a and europe leapt in to appoint him the second he was mutually consented from liverpool given that he is so patently <deleted>.

in other news, damien commoli looks like a sensible appointment. bit out of leftfield but anything that undermines roy's authority and position at this time can be no bad thing.

Under resourced yeah, his use of the 250m he spent, yes SPENT, HE SPENT, summed the Guy up niclely though..

My Nan would have the nouse to sign Torres too if she was a Football Manager so he don't count as one of ( was there any ) the good ones..:D

Any grief tonight stevie after the Naples stuff ??

Ask Tottenham supporters what they think of Commoli. He's a complete tosser. No secret at WHL that our fortunes improved dramatically after his longed for departure. All that <deleted> did was persistently undermine Martin Jol, the best manager we've had since Keith Burkinshaw. i'm presuming theres humour in the line about undermining the manager.

I also don't really understand this attitude towards Roy. Agreed the teams not looking pretty, but at the end of the day you were playing worse under Rafa last season. I also remember him making some bizarre tactical decisions too (substituting Torres away to Birmingham when the score was nil nil. wont forget the look on Gerards face) You'll need to go along way to play as badly against Chelsea this weekend as you were against them last season.

Roy would'nt be my choice to manage Tottenham either, but whilst he's there, isn't it better to get behind the guy and give him a chance, which most of you have'nt really, have you.

Edited by carmine

Ask Tottenham supporters what they think of Commoli. He's a complete tosser. No secret at WHL that our fortunes improved dramatically after his longed for departure. All that <deleted> did was persistently undermine Martin Jol, the best manager we've had since Keith Burkinshaw. i'm presuming theres humour in the line about undermining the manager.

I also don't really understand this attitude towards Roy. Agreed the teams not looking pretty, but at the end of the day you were playing worse under Rafa last season. I also remember him making some bizarre tactical decisions too (substituting Torres away to Birmingham when the score was nil nil. wont forget the look on Gerards face) You'll need to go along way to play as badly against Chelsea this weekend as you were against them last season.

Roy would'nt be my choice to manage Tottenham either, but whilst he's there, isn't it better to get behind the guy and give him a chance, which most of you have'nt really, have you.

I need to flag this Post..

You simply can NOT blaspheme about Benitez on this Thread Carmine, how very dare you..

The undermining by stevie comment is utterly awful, whether i'm a Liverpool Supporter or not..

However it doesn't surprise me as stevie was " with Torres " after saying that " Torres isn't even talking or listening to Hodgson in Training " & called Hodgson a Clown for not defending Torres when he cheated at Old Trafford ..

Disgraceful behaviour from Hodgson, honesty is the lowest of the low..

Thumbs down.

You simply can NOT blaspheme about Benitez on this Thread Carmine, how very dare you..

The undermining by stevie comment is utterly awful, whether i'm a Liverpool Supporter or not..

However it doesn't surprise me as stevie was " with Torres " after saying that " Torres isn't even talking or listening to Hodgson in Training " & called Hodgson a Clown for not defending Torres when he cheated at Old Trafford ..

Thumbs down.

singher you know where i'm coming from here. i just can't understand the attitude towards the guy which seemed to start at half time in his first game. They never comment anyone when they win, only it seems to slag the manager off when they lose. Very strange

Just a very obvious observation.

Edited by carmine

Thumbs down.

singher you know where i'm coming from here. i just can't understand the attitude towards the guy which seemed to start at half time in his first game. They never comment anyone when they win, only it seems to slag the manager off when they lose. Very strange

Just a very obvious observation.

Your right it is very strange... but I for the life of me still am not convinced about Roy. Yes we have had a couple of very lucky wins of late so what! it will take a lot more than that. I just get the feeling that some of our better players are just dragging us through the last few results and that would be Gerrard,players like Lucas and Maxi have started to show their potential.

Cant remember being nervous about playing at home with fear of getting turned over or outplayed by mediocre teams (sorry).

Everything about me is saying get behind the manager its the Liverpool way...but just cant do it sorry. As there isn't anything about what he has done that convinces me he is the right man for the job. I hope for the life of me I am ' wrong and we climb back up and push on to better things, just cant see it. And I think most on here will say I am usually one of the most optimistic of LFC supporters on here. He makes out he has inherited a Championship league team, what a load of bullsh*t.

It was only a few seasons ago we were playing some good football and at times fantastic football, a match for anyone in Europe,always in with a shout in the CL and pushing for the League Title or up at the right end of the table. However that was never enough apparently for some and so easily forgotten!!!

Anyway that's my feelings on it, so rant over, Sunday the pain starts all over again :lol:

YNWA

It's up to the individual's of course, it's their perogative..

But i too find it very strange & some of the stuff i wrote in my last Post is simply not how i feel a Supporter should Support his Club, but everyone's difference & it's neither right nor wrong i guess really..

Just very much NOT my stance of choice & nor i'd hope anyone else who supported my Club..

I think we have to be realsitic here too, i am under no doubt that Hodgson was put in on a possible short term, keep us steady, type deal/way of thinking becaus ethe Club was in such a total mess & simply couldn't attract one of the " big name " Managers who demand x amount of ## per Transfer Window, that was never gonna happen as the way the Football World is now, those so called " big Managers " dont' actually trust their own Mnaagibg & Coaching abilities so prefer to just spun the Owners $$ to get themseves out of it, thats the easy way..

But that doesn't mean that some of the stuff that is being said about him, how allegedly ( & this is from our own in house in the know Scousers finger tips ), Torres isn't even listening to him in Training etc, that's <deleted> obscene & disgusting behaviour from a so called Professional, blue eyed Boy or not..

The " undermining " comment was the Icing on a very poor tasting Cake..

Cant remember being nervous about playing at home with fear of getting turned over or outplayed by mediocre teams (sorry).

YNWA

But Dev, look into wahat you've just said there Mtae..

Tell me, outside of Torres ( not on current form even ), Gerrard & the GK, there isn't any/many Players that many of those " mediocre Teams " out there would be jumping for joy with if they were signing them, i know i wouldn't & my Team is stone bonkers bottom of the League..

Tell a lie, i'd have Kuyt, i'd be overthe moon with him, thats' it..

But that doesn't mean a lot as my Tema is the worst in teh Legaue just like your Team is the 7th worst Team in teh League at the moment & that will probably get worse after Sunday..

Do not think that LFC have a divine right to NOT be a mediocre Team, because they don't..

Just look at Leeds for proof, CL Semi Finalists, 3 Years later they're on their way to Port Vale in a League Game..

I'd be more inclined to say give it time. I guess immediate success is mandatory for the job at Anfield which is unrealistic given your recent problems.

Wait and see what happens in the transfer window.

But the new owners have stated no money to spend they will not be buying anyone,and they have stated they will not be buying any new players.

And there latest good one they want there to be a 39th game played overseas.

I'd be more inclined to say give it time. I guess immediate success is mandatory for the job at Anfield which is unrealistic given your recent problems.

But the new owners have stated no money to spend they will not be buying anyone,and they have stated they will not be buying any new players.

Did you also hear the new American chairman refering to the "EPL".

Did you also hear the new American chairman refering to the "EPL".

Did I stumble upon the Halloween thread by mistake? :ermm:

Good 1st half performance.

Young Kelly deserves a lot of praise for that game.

everyone played well didn't they? even konchesky.

pleased for kelly, he did everything right. great to see kuyt back, meireles continues to impress and lucas was absolutely outstanding.

Embarrassing that was :realangry:

it's par for the course. roy is a clown who doesn't know what he is doing but can't or won't admit that he's out of his depth.

Nowt to do with the owners or the players then Stevie?

Hodgson said in midweek he's too reliant on your two top players. Well its obvious to all of us. What are the plans for January is the real question at Anfield and changing the manager won't make any difference to that.

I happen to think Hodgson has done well in recent weeks....aided hugely by having Torres fit again of course. Not a magician is he Stevie?

Roy has been one massive mistake from the offset. He's just not the man for Liverpool FC and it pains me to say about a Liverpool Manager!

Only 4 wins in 13 games (not acceptable) I cant remember us controlling games or playing anything resembling decent football. Its beyond embarrassing it really is!

The Chelsea game was an exception due to two moments of genius from Torres.

He has made so many public comments that demonstrates he is not right for the club and he is just as clueless with his words off the pitch as he is with his tactics on the pitch.

And now the recent public criticism of Johnson went to far if you ask me. And yet the clown now back tracks on his comment according to this interview

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6506136,00.html

Funny things is you can read various LFC forums and I don't think there are many now that back him or say give him more time.

Something has to give now!

Roy has been one massive mistake from the offset. He's just not the man for Liverpool FC and it pains me to say about a Liverpool Manager!

Only 4 wins in 13 games (not acceptable) I cant remember us controlling games or playing anything resembling decent football. Its beyond embarrassing it really is!

The Chelsea game was an exception due to two moments of genius from Torres.

He has made so many public comments that demonstrates he is not right for the club and he is just as clueless with his words off the pitch as he is with his tactics on the pitch.

And now the recent public criticism of Johnson went to far if you ask me. And yet the clown now back tracks on his comment according to this interview

http://www.skysports...6506136,00.html

Funny things is you can read various LFC forums and I don't think there are many now that back him or say give him more time.

Something has to give now!

Very similar situation to ours with our current Manager..

& the same thing will apply, you can sack the Manager as much as you like, the same sh*t Players bar a few will be there for the new Manager to take over with, not get the results the Fans want & then the cycle will repeat itself all over again..