Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Well done Oldham btw they really deserved that.

they did. and if the manager is going to continue saying that his young players went onto the pitch lacking the required intensity for matches like that then he might also want to begin looking in a mirror from time to time. hugely disappointing stuff that.

Yeah well done Oldham. I watched it over here in the bar with an Oldham fan, he was ecstatic. However, I heard on TalkSport that it seems Dickov has crunch talks today and may be sacked. I know they are down in the division but it's a crazy world after that win.

think they'd lost 7 in 8 or 8 in 9 in the league, hence why his job's under threat. still you'd think a cup shock like that would be enough to win him a bit more time wouldn't you?

they did. and if the manager is going to continue saying that his young players went onto the pitch lacking the required intensity for matches like that then he might also want to begin looking in a mirror from time to time. hugely disappointing stuff that.

Yeah well done Oldham. I watched it over here in the bar with an Oldham fan, he was ecstatic. However, I heard on TalkSport that it seems Dickov has crunch talks today and may be sacked. I know they are down in the division but it's a crazy world after that win.

think they'd lost 7 in 8 or 8 in 9 in the league, hence why his job's under threat. still you'd think a cup shock like that would be enough to win him a bit more time wouldn't you?

You'd think so. After a win like that, the momentum can carry on into the league matches as the belief is restored.

The comments he makes in here are little short of outrageous - unless he had no hand in picking the team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269269/Brendan-Rodgers-blamed-young-players-losing-Oldham-FA-Cup.html

The comments he makes in here are little short of outrageous - unless he had no hand in picking the team.

http://www.dailymail...ham-FA-Cup.html

in his defence they do look worse when they're written down than as they were spoken in the actual interview. but he's still come very, very close to throwing the young kids - who he picked and prepared for the match - out of the boat. still leaving me a bit underwhelmed is brendan.

http://www.dailymail...ham-FA-Cup.html

in his defence they do look worse when they're written down than as they were spoken in the actual interview. but he's still come very, very close to throwing the young kids - who he picked and prepared for the match - out of the boat. still leaving me a bit underwhelmed is brendan.

Having seen quite a few interviews with him this season, I conclude that he speaks a load of old tosh!

i don't understand how he can just blame the young players. He is picking the team, and should have alternatives if things are not working out. I think it is important to give young players team time, but I also think we should be winning the games. Get us a lead, or get our heads up with the proper team and then bring on players. Playing in the team on the back foot will always be harder. By the way I don't actually think he played anybody who should not have been able to play against Oldham. He should just have said the TEAM let themselves down full stop.

I'm disappointed that after saying how we wanted to compete in the F.A cup started with less than our first team.

• Like 1

i don't understand how he can just blame the young players. He is picking the team, and should have alternatives if things are not working out. I think it is important to give young players team time, but I also think we should be winning the games. Get us a lead, or get our heads up with the proper team and then bring on players. Playing in the team on the back foot will always be harder. By the way I don't actually think he played anybody who should not have been able to play against Oldham. He should just have said the TEAM let themselves down full stop.

I'm disappointed that after saying how we wanted to compete in the F.A cup started with less than our first team.

or you just keep it in-house and use the press interview to simply congratulate your opponents on a great win. we've a terrible bad habit of doing our dirty laundry in public these days. possibly has something to do with the club hiring an amateur as communications director and then firing him when he behaved idiotically.

• Like 1

or you just keep it in-house and use the press interview to simply congratulate your opponents on a great win. we've a terrible bad habit of doing our dirty laundry in public these days. possibly has something to do with the club hiring an amateur as communications director and then firing him when he behaved idiotically.

Brendan call learn of fergie in that respect, he uses the press for united's advantage and not to <deleted> the team, he does that in the dressing room.

• Like 1

I Bet Carragher must be feeling a happy (not) chappy to be left out whistling.gif

reckon he's in line to start at arsenal on wednesday so would have known all about it.

I'm hoping not, Skrtel and Aggers please. Carra should have been out there last night, he would have thrived in those conditions and with lads to rally around him. Definitely a better job than Coates did. That lad needs to do one for me. I had hopes for him, but he's got lead in them boots and seems to make the same mistakes again and again.

A mate in LIverpool just sent me this link to a LiverpooL Echo story.

Some very angry comments from local Reds fans...

http://www.liverpool...00252-32692065/

Jeez not used to reading so much open negativity towards a Liverpool manager.....fickle bunch football fans. I don't know if he should have blamed the young players but I don't know if he deserves this much grief either. I'll judge him come May.

The best thing for Jamie "lar" Carragher is to get his coaching badges asap! he will most probably be the next stand in manager when Brenda insults Gerrard and Suarez.

I looked at that team and i cant see more than two or three players that he could of picked to strengthen the team.

how do you know they're local out of interest?

liverpool have plenty of idiot fans, same as any other club. you should have a read of john henry's twitter timeline if you want to read the real maniacs.

liverpool have plenty of idiot fans, same as any other club. you should have a read of john henry's twitter timeline if you want to read the real maniacs.

Er, do you really think they'd all be overseas people lining up to post in real time on a LIverpool Echo post? I wouldn't call them idiots either, just because they're mightily pissed off.

Can you post Henry's Timeline?

The lads are just learning to ply their trade. Brendon being the No 1 lad of course.

However, saying that Fergie never tirades against his team in public is the biggest load of sphericals I've read on here all month! Wenger does it too. The only difference was that Brendon picked on young lads who don't deserve such an early blast and because it was the manager himself who made the biggest mistake of all by assuming they could all step up to an FA Cup tie with minimal on-field shepherding.

If he can't now find the humility to apologise his days could be numbered. Americans hate such disloyalty even more than Brits do. [up steps NellyP to question <deleted> do I know about what Americans do or don't think?]

Edited by SantiSuk

Er, do you really think they'd all be overseas people lining up to post in real time on a LIverpool Echo post? I wouldn't call them idiots either, just because they're mightily pissed off.

think you'd be surprised mate. echo online has readers from all over the world. and doesn't even cost the price of a stamp to send a letter in now like it used to.

henry's timeline is always full of shouting loons telling him to spend 100m every transfer window or fuc_k off etc.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40John_W_Henry%20&src=typd

think you'd be surprised mate. echo online has readers from all over the world. and doesn't even cost the price of a stamp to send a letter in now like it used to.

henry's timeline is always full of shouting loons telling him to spend 100m every transfer window or fuc_k off etc.

https://twitter.com/...Henry &src=typd

Highly entertaining. Thanks.

The lads are just learning to ply their trade. Brendon being the No 1 lad of course.

However, saying that Fergie never tirades against his team in public is the biggest load of sphericals I've read on here all month! Wenger does it too. The only difference was that Brendon picked on young lads who don't deserve such an early blast and because it was the manager himself who made the biggest mistake of all by assuming they could all step up to an FA Cup tie with minimal on-field shepherding.

If he can't now find the humility to apologise his days could be numbered. Americans hate such disloyalty even more than Brits do. [up steps NellyP to question <deleted> do I know about what Americans do or don't think?]

Stop living in the past mate, no qualms from me about this post. You are giving a reasoned opinion, and you may even know about this generalization. Carry on like this and you will have no <deleted> comments, and may even receive a like or 2wink.png .

By the way I don't know if he needs to apologise, but he definitely needs to stop doing it. As you are such an American expert, do they spell apologise, apologize?smile.png

Dead man walking is brendon he is way out of his depth as manager of liverpool.

I don't think he's out of his depth as a coach. He's made a few mistakes thats all. So did AVB in his team selection against Leeds. Move on. His problem lies in dealing with the media. LFC could and should have dealt with this a while ago.

One other thing. You should imo never criticise your players infront of the media. That stays in the dressing room.

I also didn't like the comments on here about ferguson using the media well to his advantage because his disgraceful unsporting abusive conduct is a perfect example of how not to behave.

• Like 1

I don't think he's out of his depth as a coach. He's made a few mistakes thats all. So did AVB in his team selection against Leeds. Move on. His problem lies in dealing with the media. LFC could and should have dealt with this a while ago.

whether he's out of his depth or not depends on what the owners' goals and plans are really. i think he's displayed a lot of naivety and lack of experience so far. but then he is inexperienced and hasn't been around that much. so perhaps it's about par. there's a lot to be said for planning long-term and investing in a young manager. problem is that gerrard is getting old and suarez will at some point want to play in the champions league, whether for liverpool or someone else. we've only got so much time.

One other thing. You should imo never criticise your players infront of the media. That stays in the dressing room.

yeah, golden rule isn't it? and rodgers is supposed to be an arm around the shoulder style manager.

I also didn't like the comments on here about ferguson using the media well to his advantage because his disgraceful unsporting abusive conduct is a perfect example of how not to behave.

hah, as if. he's used, abused and banned the press with impunity for years. boycotted the bbc for daring to question a very questionable business relationship and practice. he's just a bully, always has been.

Whilst the Oldham game was a hugely disappointing match and result i'm thinking it not such a bad thing in terms of your progress in the league. The next four or five weeks will take its toll on the squad and the fewer the games the better.

Its not ideal and we all like a good run in the FA cup but i'd have thought consistency in the league and a creditable final league position more important than a few more cup games.

• Like 1

Isn't all this what makes the FA Cup so great?

It's pages are crammed with giant killers......and long may it reign.

Oh i agree and i love the FA cup. But i'm just talking in reference to Liverpool who have very little experienced backup to the eleven players they field week in week out

Oh i agree and i love the FA cup. But i'm just talking in reference to Liverpool who have very little experienced backup to the eleven players they field week in week out

we're low on leadership, savvy and experience. price you pay for targeting young, potential players. isn't that long ago we could pick a side containing hyypia, carragher, arbeloa, alonso, mascherano, gerrard, kuyt, torres. . . .every one of them some kind of on-pitch leader or captain. we've now basically got gerrard and the occasional carragher. i think that's our biggest problem at the moment. we're not particularly mentally strong and it makes us easy to beat.

we're low on leadership, savvy and experience. price you pay for targeting young, potential players. isn't that long ago we could pick a side containing hyypia, carragher, arbeloa, alonso, mascherano, gerrard, kuyt, torres. . . .every one of them some kind of on-pitch leader or captain. we've now basically got gerrard and the occasional carragher. i think that's our biggest problem at the moment. we're not particularly mentally strong and it makes us easy to beat.

...unless you are up against a team that has the very same problem, which you will be on Wednesday night!

...unless you are up against a team that has the very same problem, which you will be on Wednesday night!

unfortunately arsenal also have pace and movement, santi cazorla and a 6' 3" striker who is in form. our record against tall, physical forwards is a joke. i'd lump on giroud for a brace if i were you.

Come on you can not be serious, SAF only tells the truth, ok it hurts sometimes. biggrin.png

BT